Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do not miss out on this game.

Comments

• PhayzPhayz Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Only thing I don't like about this game is the loot system in groups (loot timers need to be longer imo)...other than that, I absolutely love this game.
  • FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141
    The only thing I dont like is the PvP, its very bad. Just got smashed as a lv15 vs a lv28. Nice matchmaking there...............the 3v3 is a little better. 

• MeriikMeriik Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Originally posted by Fuggly
    The only thing I dont like is the PvP, its very bad. Just got smashed as a lv15 vs a lv28. Nice matchmaking there...............the 3v3 is a little better. 

They -just- implemented the system so give them a little time and we'll have a fully fleshed out pvp system, they arent blizzard they'll have some good dueling and matchmaking before the official release :).

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    I agree about the loot timers. They should be 30-60 seconds long. We cant stop to get our loot during a fight and if we dont we probably just lost our loot.... I have soloed my way to act 2 in mericless now, not easy stuff. :D

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

Level 61 now and I found my first map! To bad it was normal! Doh! Found it in a lvl 59 area. Map lvl 67 O.o Eek!

Im pretty much geared in 4 Link Unique/Oranges now that help my fire build and resists. Resists resists resists. It's the win button in this game for reals hehe. Still haven't had a Greater Multiple Objectile drop for me :/ I want to hook that up with a fireball and spell totem, while I make it rain 20% quality Firestorm with Area of Effect Gem and Increased Quality since Firestorm is usally the kill stealer. Sure loving this game while I await other mmorpgs. Such a good casual game that doesn't make me feel like I have to put infinite time or money into it for satisfaction. I feel like farming I farm. If i feel like leveling/questing I do that. I usually progress a ways and when i unlock a new map or quest I will go farm something easy to finish off the level. XP loss on merciless is like 15%. No bueno hehe! Gotta love losing 50% on a boss sometimes and facepalming yourself for doing it! :D

Hero Evermore

Originally posted by Meriik
    Originally posted by Fuggly

They -just- implemented the system so give them a little time and we'll have a fully fleshed out pvp system, they arent blizzard they'll have some good dueling and matchmaking before the official release :).

This game is not a pvp game. It will not be balanced for a pvp game. It is not an esports game. You will probably see very little to no pvp updates. This game is about combat and shiny loot and a huge arse skill tree. I'm pretty sure they just opened the pvp area to say "lol @ D3 for not having pvp, cause we got it."

Hero Evermore

• sodade21sodade21 Member UncommonPosts: 349
    is this game beta? it gonna wipe the characters for the final release?
  • DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246
    Got bored at 48 and uninstalled.  Started playing D3 again, lol.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Sorry getting disconnected every 5 ins is the mark of a horribly developed game.  I jsut do not like ARPG's any more, to much clicking 1 button and dieing and returning is every time consuming and you will die alot.  Melee is horribly unbalanced compared to ranged attacks.  Sorry this isnt a good game at all.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by sodade21
    is this game beta? it gonna wipe the characters for the final release?

This game will have NO MORE WIPES. It is labled open beta but it may as well be live. It just has some bugs as do all games.

Act 3 merciless is SO HARD!!!! Even farming xp is a little tough because you can just walk into 3 snakes and you die from that if you are squishy like me haha! I will probably go back to the ledge and farm it for awhile for super easy xp and drops.

Peace and love. This games so fun :D

Hero Evermore

Originally posted by azzamasin
    Sorry getting disconnected every 5 ins is the mark of a horribly developed game.  I jsut do not like ARPG's any more, to much clicking 1 button and dieing and returning is every time consuming and you will die alot.  Melee is horribly unbalanced compared to ranged attacks.  Sorry this isnt a good game at all.

LOL. You get dc every 5 mins? Thats horrible. Im fromt he US and i dont get dc. Im not a huge fan of the control styles of ARPGs either. I feel like i should be able to move with WASD or at least my arrow keys but oh wells. Thats not how it was designed. Doesn't take away from it for me.

As to "Sorry this isn't a good game at all". I know hundreds of thousands who would disagree with you. Myself included. May not be your cup of tea, but its an amazing game and the numbers prove it.

Hero Evermore

Playing a Maurader Leap Slam Build. Found my first 5 Link chest today so i gave it to him and hooked up Leap Slam+ItemRarity+Life Leech+Life on Hit+Mana Leech. Its pretty awesome i can just pull 20 things at once and every time i land i full heal with a HoT and MoT as well. Playing 2 accounts so i can help get better loot on my main Witcher. Game is very hard on act 3 merciless. Need to find some newer drops. My old Uniques are becoming sub par. :/

Love this game.

Hero Evermore

Mauraders at lvl 50 now found him a nice old 5 Link chest yay! my first one! Found 3 unqiues tonight on a 10 hour binge...fellshrine ruins is the best place lvl 60+ to farm. Its so easy, very slow mobs. I hadnt really noticed it hooks right into the church so i never did it before lol. Now ive leveled 4 times tonight and am finding all sorts of amazing goodies to make me stronger before i finish act 3 merciless!

Hero Evermore

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,062

The game is growing on me, although there are several off putting things, such as:

1. The skill tree. As a newb, I don't know which passives will best benefit me when I have no idea what gems are in the game or what sort of enemies and their resists I'll encounter.

2. Lack of inventory space. My inventory fills up a lot faster than I receive recall portals.

3. Having to trudge back through a few maps to get back to the town to turn in a quest. No fast travel to places I've already been afaik.

4. Only 2 effective attack keys, which are the left and right mouse buttons. The middle mouse button is hard to push, since it rolls around more than anything. I have no clue if you can use weapon attacks with your Q,W,E etc keys or if they're only for auras. So either I only pick 1 special attack gem, or use 2 and run out of mana fast, since I don't have a mouse button for default attack.

While the game is fun so far, I'm still not sure I'll stick with it for the above reasons. It's not THAT fun to where I feel the need to bother with the frustrations, but then I plan to play a little while longer to get a better feel for the game. I just don't want to constantly reroll like I'm hearing some people having to do once they figure out their build sucks many hours into the game.

hey nate. the controls were a bit lame for me also im not a moba or rts keyboard style dude.

You can put any skills on any slots. I often use "Q" and "W" for my extra melee atks for my maurader. On my witcher i use a pimpe dout fireball totem and firestorm so i am lucky to have a 2 button main :P tough i do use qwe for all my summons  and rt for my auras. The game only gets beter after 40+ when you start really getting good skills and linked gear. I hope you can find some enjoyment out of it. It is free after all.

Im at about 200 horus played now. I farm a lot and should probably focus on xp more but meh. I play at my own pace with my toons. 69 witcher and 51 maurader now and looking forward to alts in the future! Ranger will be my next.

Hero Evermore

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Originally posted by nate1980

2. Lack of inventory space. My inventory fills up a lot faster than I receive recall portals.

3. Having to trudge back through a few maps to get back to the town to turn in a quest. No fast travel to places I've already been afaik.

2. You'll soon learn what to pick up and what not to. For white items look for ones that have lots of linked slots as you can upgrade these to magic or rare. I only pick up blues and discard them for yellows.

3, There are waypoints back to base camp in most maps. You can tell if a map has a waypoint as the blue circle will have a dot inside it, if its black there isn't one. They can be hard to find sometimes and you need to look around a bit. I will sometimes lay a portal just in case i die and it saves me running all the way back.

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,062
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore

hey nate. the controls were a bit lame for me also im not a moba or rts keyboard style dude.

You can put any skills on any slots. I often use "Q" and "W" for my extra melee atks for my maurader. On my witcher i use a pimpe dout fireball totem and firestorm so i am lucky to have a 2 button main :P tough i do use qwe for all my summons  and rt for my auras. The game only gets beter after 40+ when you start really getting good skills and linked gear. I hope you can find some enjoyment out of it. It is free after all.

Im at about 200 horus played now. I farm a lot and should probably focus on xp more but meh. I play at my own pace with my toons. 69 witcher and 51 maurader now and looking forward to alts in the future! Ranger will be my next.

Thank you for your post. I woke up just now thinking about playing this game. I think it may have its claws in me. I hear that they plan to release more Acts too, which would be great. I do worry over the grouping system though. More specifically, people being jerks about loot. I'm not a loot whore and I'm patient enough to not sweat not getting a drop, but if you need fast reflexes and a cuttrhoat attitude to receive any loot then I won't be grouping. I'm not sure how that'd effect my progress.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    I hate how there doesn't seem to be any WASD movement for this game. I read the answer presented in an interview and realize that they don't believe it is possible without sacrificing other aspects, but for me it is a deal breaker. I dont want to click a lot constantly in a game that is very much based on action, I prefer having the strain spread out among different parts of the hands .

This is usually a deal breaker for me also but ive played plenty of games with this play style and its so worth it. I like the controls on this game 100000000x better then any MOBA, so thats good for me at least :D

I've partially changed my mind. I gave the game a new chance, this time I played a ranged class "Witch" instead of playing a melee class. The lack of WASD movement does not annoy me when playing the ranged class, I am very much enjoying the game.

I love their "hardcore" mode, went straight for it the moment I heard it existed. I've died two times with my witch due to doing stupid mistakes, and even though dying in "hardcore" moves your character to "default" mode, that felt like a death, so I deleted the characters.

I love that the "hardcore" mode economy is independent of the "default" mode economy.

So yeah, "hardcore"  mode + not playing melee class is finally making me enjoy the game a lot.  Only level 7 on my 3rd character (previous 2 died in hardcore so I deleted them), but yeah I am enjoying the heck of the game so far.

Yeah playing a hardcore only mindset is very fun! I almost got to act 3 on my first HC character but my friends had died so when i finally bit the dust as a squishy witcher i was all for it and joined some friends in the fun. Still playing this game every day of my life. I die doing end game maps so I have not been leveling much.

I am now 71 witcher and 55 maurader. Both extremely fun. Really need my maurader to 70 for some end game :D

Hero Evermore

Level 71 Witcher and level 60 Maurader now. Love this game. I will atually be making an elemental maurader soon as well. My first one is a pure phys one thats a bit more defensive as well. The next one ill make will be a pure elemental type with HP. Less armor and such. The versatility this game has when making classes is infinite. You can literally make 10 mauraders and they are so different! love it.

Hero Evermore

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

I love the game.

How cool would it be if they keep adding content to the game on an ongoing basis?

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

There goal is to make 1 new act every year. I hope they can attain that goal because this is one of those games I will always be coming back to farm loot in :D

Hero Evermore

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Is this game already fully playable? 

I mean, no more character wipes and stuff? I really can't wait to try it but I can't be bothered with progressing on something I will lose.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

Originally posted by Alber_gamer
    Is this game already fully playable? 

I mean, no more character wipes and stuff? I really can't wait to try it but I can't be bothered with progressing on something I will lose.

Yeah it's labeled open beta but its character wipe days are over.

No more wipes.

Enjoy the game. Its amaaaaazing :D

Hero Evermore

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    edit: Is the game in a close to finished state? Last I heard beta had a good amount of unfinished content they were working on, i've been holding off so that when I do try it i'd get the full experience in theory.