Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do not miss out on this game.

Comments

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Excited to meet you all in game! If you need more friends in PoE my in game name is KittyEvermore

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

It looks interesting.

But as I'm not the biggest fan of hack&slash games, I probably won't enjoy it anyway.

I'm also wondering why it's listed on this site tbh (together with all them other hack&slash games listed here).

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

Why do they have ww2 games? or other random genres? Cause they get paid to advertise.

Hero Evermore

• tomato_kwantomato_kwan Member Posts: 44
    This game is how D3 was supposed to be like -- before Blizzard screwed it up.
  • RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034
    I'm installing right now for the open beta.

Hope you guys enjoy the game as much as myself. I promise you 1 thing. The more you play the more fun it is. The harder it gets. The creepier it gets.

So excited for OB today! woot woot!

Hero Evermore

• If they fix up the horrid animations I think this game may have a lot of potential.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Axxar
    If they fix up the horrid animations I think this game may have a lot of potential.

I'm only level 6 or so but I haven't noticed anything horrible about the animations so far.

The game's been keeping me rather entertained. I like me a good hack n slash. :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    If they fix up the horrid animations I think this game may have a lot of potential.

Based on the type of income model the game has if people support it I am sure the devs will work on the game non stop. They really seem to care about their game.

• Dimsum1337Dimsum1337 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Got in a few days of CB b4 OB and have to second the OP... this game is great! Just like D3 should have been like. The fact that this studio is like 20 people should put Blizzard to shame!!! The feel of the game is awesome, the mechanics are smooth. This is what I imagined D3 should have been like. Shame on you Blizzard and go go go Grinding 4 Gear! You are my heroes.
  • MueslinatorMueslinator Member Posts: 78

Just got the confirmation of one of the (two) animators: They're in the process of going over a lot of early animations to improve them.

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

Sorry for a probably stupid question... I just created an account on their off site and am downloading the client. But beta key is still needed to activate my account to play.

How exactly is the beta open?

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

Just wait until 1pm PST in 1.5 hours and it will be open to ALL. the CB JUST went down 10 minutes ago.

Hero Evermore

Originally posted by Dimsum1337
    Got in a few days of CB b4 OB and have to second the OP... this game is great! Just like D3 should have been like. The fact that this studio is like 20 people should put Blizzard to shame!!! The feel of the game is awesome, the mechanics are smooth. This is what I imagined D3 should have been like. Shame on you Blizzard and go go go Grinding 4 Gear! You are my heroes.

Glad you are enjoying this hack n slash as much as myself and 10s of thousands of others! PoE ftw!

Hero Evermore

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    15k viewers at Twitch at the start of the OB, even some big names/streamers from D3 switched to PoE, soon D3 will be forgotten and Blizzard will get what they deserve after destroying the Diablo franchise with their newest release.
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by LlexX
    15k viewers at Twitch at the start of the OB, even some big names/streamers from D3 switched to PoE, soon D3 will be forgotten and Blizzard will get what they deserve after destroying the Diablo franchise with their newest release.

/sigh....whatever

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    trying to download the damn thing but i dont know if there is a problem with the patcher..i,m only getting 14 kb/sec..when i patched yesterday i was getting 2-3mb/sec
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I've never played an ARPG, but since PS2 has fallen of my "change of pace game" list, I'll give PoE a go.

hey can someone toss me a download link.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by bcbully

I've never played an ARPG, but since PS2 has fallen of my "change of pace game" list, I'll give PoE a go.

hey can someone toss me a download link.

Hey can you let me know if its any good or perhaps even better than AoW? 

I'm interested in taking a look at both games but can only commit to one...from my experience it doesnt focus much on loot and animations are pretty terrible e.g you can walk through horses. I heard PoE will include full loot leagues which is cool too.

Darkfall, play this game plz. For the sake of your online adventures! This is the game to play right now! Fact!

Hero Evermore

• DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore
    Darkfall, play this game plz. For the sake of your online adventures! This is the game to play right now! Fact!

If you say so Hero, downloading now. 

I just find it hard to see how a relatively innovative yet simple hack n slash is pulling everyone in left and right. But what do I know my favorite game is Dark Souls and I have never tried any other such as TC2 or D2/3 because they all look pretty boring its just you against hordes of enemies. Dark Souls is kind of the same but its has fewer enemies and they all lead up to a single culminating epic boss. 

I honestly don't know anything, and starting now is daunting considering some people have been in closed beta for over a year now which means when cutthroat opens up us noobs will be getting stomped and spat on.

Furthermore my brain is full of fuck from the skill ATLAS FOR CHRISTS SAKE. Which is a good thing.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    i hate you guys lol.. I think i have officially outgrown arpgs

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,737
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Thats kind ahwo I felt too when I played this...The game was OK but just felt like something I played 10 years ago

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Thats kind ahwo I felt too when I played this...The game was OK but just felt like something I played 10 years ago

sure many love this game style still but i just can't do the click click click gameplay anymore.. i loved it years ago but guess I'm just over it..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Ah, screw it.  I'll give in and download it.  Who knows - could be the break from mmorpgs that I need.  And I'll still have Minecraft for the sandbox to play in.