Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NCsoft Possibly publishing NA/EU versions...

Comments

• AtrocitusAtrocitus Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Superman0X
    There is a publisher for NA. It is not NCSoft. There is no date set as of yet. I am sure that they will be announcing something by the end of the year.

The game will be released in US/EU before the end of the year, so the announcement is going to come a lot sooner, most likely this month.

Damn I LOVE this poster.

Hopefully hes correct. Im not exactly sure why Im choosing to believe him, but I am. /shrug

It sounds feasible, the launch date at the end of the year for NA. If it does, im taking a month or two off of work. Going to concoct a massive story about a family death and fight for the estate of the 'dead' family member.

It worked once before at another company I worked for during the launch of craptastic SWTOR... :)

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440
    News regarding na/eu publisher is imminent - hold on to your pants folks :)

You will either be the most loved person on this forum or the most hated. depending if you are just trolling.

so remember this better be true or this.

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Well since Jake Song has a strong NCSoft connection, it's very plausible that it could be.  

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
    My money is still on NCsoft.
  • AtrocitusAtrocitus Member UncommonPosts: 85
    News regarding na/eu publisher is imminent - hold on to your pants folks :)

DAMN YOU DMKANO...........YOUR DOING IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmao.......Your quotes drive me insane sometimes mate. I believe you have an 'inside' source regarding AA, and you know a few things most of us dont.

But the not knowing part is driving me up a wall...

I hope your right an announcement is imminent.

I actually believe you...

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Still waiting...

• GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Still waiting...

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Seeing that they allready announced a russian publisher, it only shows the sad state of MMOs in the western countries.

• NC-JohnNC-John Member Posts: 113
    As long as it never goes to Bioware/EA or SOE I can sleep well at night.

"Not even a cray super computer can make this game run well. Thats what happens when you code an MMO in pascal. " - miglor

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,548

Jake Song posted this on Twitter

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,548

Like I said, hold your horses.... Publishers have to make pretty web pages and press releases etc... It takes time, but it is like any day now :)

its not NCSoft, this I know with 100% certainty, I asked them, got a firm "not us".

I was wondering, did NCosft say not publishing it in Europe ? or not publishing it altogether, in the west ?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Pyuk
    I hope it's not NCsoft. That's where MMOs go to die.

you should have sent a small millionair donation to NCSoft to keep CoH alive.

If NCSoft publish it, im ok with it. CoH had its reasons to die. It wasnt making enough money to live longer. So many years since launch and still wasnt polished. All things must come tu an end if they arent good enough. If WoW was making as little money as CoH then it would have been shut down too i bet.

• Zarak11Zarak11 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Great ! Thanks ! 
  • shin_chanshin_chan Member UncommonPosts: 29

Like I said, hold your horses.... Publishers have to make pretty web pages and press releases etc... It takes time, but it is like any day now :)

its not NCSoft, this I know with 100% certainty, I asked them, got a firm "not us".

This week? Maybe ?

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Especially when NCSoft is trying to sell the company. They have no money to do this merger.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    So happy TRION got it.

I too am glad that TRION has their hands on this!!! THANK YOU TRION!!

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Originally posted by Ghostshadows

Digging through multiconfig files and found list that consisted of NCsoft,Nexon Japan,Hanbit

Who knows?

lies, wheres your proof?

o you dont have any do you and Trion is gona do it....

BAD TROLL

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Trion! Go, go go!

Great news!

Originally posted by Mad+Dog
    Originally posted by Ghostshadows

Digging through multiconfig files and found list that consisted of NCsoft,Nexon Japan,Hanbit

Who knows?

lies, wheres your proof?

o you dont have any do you and Trion is gona do it....

BAD TROLL

LOL I said "WHO KNOWS">??? do you understand that question? I dont troll I asked a question...but in the multi config files did list those 

Well there it is, excellent choice and it makes sense considering several factors:

1. Trion has Rift up and running in S. Korea, so they have good connections with Korean companies and have done localization work before

2. Trion and XLGames are both partners with Crytek, as CryEngine 3 is what AA runs on. This one is pretty huge as Trion has expertise with Crytek server back end as they are already publishing Warface which uses the same engine. I think US Warface beta just launched this week.

3. Trion has an excellent record as far as content patches and hosting services stability

4. I think (pure speculation on my part) is that the execs at both companies XLGames and Trion just get along well

Really looking forward to beta testing AA soon :)

You and your great inside info as always Kano!!!

I read somewhere that TRION is aiming to release the game at the end of this yr!!! 

• SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Member UncommonPosts: 80

Well there it is, excellent choice and it makes sense considering several factors:

1. Trion has Rift up and running in S. Korea, so they have good connections with Korean companies and have done localization work before

2. Trion and XLGames are both partners with Crytek, as CryEngine 3 is what AA runs on. This one is pretty huge as Trion has expertise with Crytek server back end as they are already publishing Warface which uses the same engine. I think US Warface beta just launched this week.

3. Trion has an excellent record as far as content patches and hosting services stability

4. I think (pure speculation on my part) is that the execs at both companies XLGames and Trion just get along well

Really looking forward to beta testing AA soon :)

DM,

When is it forecasted to launch? Was it at the end of this year? Is it still on track for that?

And ty for your heads up the other day regarding the NA publisher notification. Its great having an 'insider' that knows a bit of info....

All Will Be Well.....

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    From what I hear both XL and Trion have commited a LOT of efforts to get AA launched this year.

The voice action and cutscenes should be the only tough part, provided they don't do some major graphic or game-play rework.

Look what the fan base accomplished in the two scant weeks of the OBT. They translated the UI and some other functions windows, and each time the Language patch was broken by an engine update they fixed the patch that same day. I can only hope that Trion would be at least as efficient.

• FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer
    From what I hear both XL and Trion have commited a LOT of efforts to get AA launched this year.

The voice action and cutscenes should be the only tough part, provided they don't do some major graphic or game-play rework.

Look what the fan base accomplished in the two scant weeks of the OBT. They translated the UI and some other functions windows, and each time the Language patch was broken by an engine update they fixed the patch that same day. I can only hope that Trion would be at least as efficient.

Knowing Trion (I play RIFT), I trust them completely to handle this well.

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Member UncommonPosts: 80

There it is there folks.

Hes been right multiple times in the past with his 'predictions/forecasts', so in all likelihood you can take this to the bank.

The year of AA

All Will Be Well.....