Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tried AO a really long time ago... wondering how things are going?

Hi,

I played AO for a brief moment back in I think it was late 2004 and then I got suckered into joining some friends and family in World of Warcraft. I played a Metaphysicist until level 130+ish and had a lot of fun although I didn't get very far and even though I had Shadowlands at the time I didn't get to explore it much. 

Wondering how AO is now? I'm flipping a coin between Everquest 2 and Anarchy Online, although I'm worried that AO is very top heavy and being a newbie will be an isolated experience in AO? Any info would be ace!

Comments

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240

Hi,

I just started a new char with my wife and the lower zones are not as crowded as before. However there are still teams around for XP at least in the SL zones I've been to.

Also remember that you can do solo missions on the ground and lots of solo leveling in SL.

They game is obviously top heavy as it is over 10 years old.

You can now play the game for free up to level 200, but I'm not sure if that includes any expansions. I've allways been a subscriber.

They are planing to merge RK1 and RK2 soon, and the next patch after that is supposed to be the new graphics engine.

If you don't want to part with cash, I recomend setting up a fr00b (free account) and have a go :)

Edit: change GF to wife ;)

• iLoveMMORPGsiLoveMMORPGs Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by tyfon

They are planing to merge RK1 and RK2 soon, and the next patch after that is supposed to be the new graphics engine.

Hi tyfon,

Thanks for the update! I'm thinking about it. My account is Shadowlands enabled I believe but I don't have the other expansions. The merging of the realms sounds like a great plan. I did start a free account but tbh the faster xp from Shadowlands seems the better option especially if I have to solo a lot.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by tyfon Edit: change GF to wife ;)

Bettter hope the wife doesn't see this lol.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot