Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

...and on a positive note...

allendale5allendale5 kansas city, MOPosts: 124Member

I think that most of love to play MMO's and visit this site to read all about them and also to read other member's views, but I've noticed that a good chunk of the threads and responses are negative.  We get comments that are sad, disappointed, critical, mad, comical, rude, uncalled-for and just plain mean at times, and those are just my comments.  

I am wondering if anybody has some POSITIVE things to say about MMO's or their experiences.  Funny counts as positive, btw.

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis LondonPosts: 3,191Member
    Originally posted by allendale5

I think that most of love to play MMO's and visit this site to read all about them and also to read other member's views, but I've noticed that a good chunk of the threads and responses are negative.  We get comments that are sad, disappointed, critical, mad, comical, rude, uncalled-for and just plain mean at times, and those are just my comments.  

I am wondering if anybody has some POSITIVE things to say about MMO's or their experiences.  Funny counts as positive, btw.

I'm still really enjoying EVE after over 6 years of playing it.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• QuirhidQuirhid TamperePosts: 5,969Member Common
    It would certainly be a welcome change of pace.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• greenreengreenreen Punchoo, AKPosts: 2,101Member Uncommon

I think that venting yourself is better than holding it in. This is the correct place to gush or vent about mmos. This isn't a site about lawncare where people are saying something unrelated. I'd rather see 100 people even whine than 1 pick up a gun and go shoot people that develop games because they have no place to vent their anger about things that changed and they can't control. Who said humans should be happy 24/7. What makes you think that they should be.

Sites away from official forums are the best places to find the grit.

I'll bet you don't have an issue with negativity when it keeps you from wasting your time on a game after reading about things that wouldn't make you want to play it, your showstoppers, if you will.

You forgot in your OP to actually say something positive, which you wanted. Go ahead. I did, I see positive in negative too.

• ScottgunScottgun Williamsville, NYPosts: 356Member

I am wondering if anybody has some POSITIVE things to say about MMO's or their experiences.

Sure: that crappy Free-to-Play cash-shop grinder that sucks your soul dry leaving only a burnt-out husk uninstalls easily. :)

Now we're calling prostitutes "sex workers". What's next? Calling hit men "end-of-life technicians"?

• XAPKenXAPKen Northwest, INPosts: 4,912Member Uncommon

I have two:

I got a normal / specularity terrain shader optimized and WAC's FPS jumped 35% with no loss in quality.  Might not be much for others, but for me it's a big win.

I'm pleased with TERA's going F2P.  I've wanted to see the combat system but wasn't up to box + sub just to check it out.  I'm looking forward to playing.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now turned Amateur Game Developer.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  Realm Lords 2 on MMORPG.com
  • BenediktBenedikt PraguePosts: 1,406Member Uncommon
    tried AC2 and loving it so far :)
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Boca Raton, FLPosts: 867Member Uncommon
    A few decades ago, people thought digital watches were pretty neat...

"To be what you are not, experience what you are not." -Saint John of the Cross
    Authored 110 missions in Vendetta Online
    Check it out on Steam

• dave6660dave6660 New York, NYPosts: 2,543Member Uncommon

Something positive about mmorpg's... hmmm...

Can I get back to you on that?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• kirak2009kirak2009 fredericton, NBPosts: 541Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Phaserlight
    A few decades ago, people thought digital watches were pretty neat...

And they were ^^^^ :)

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda