Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PC Gamer Beta Key and Mount Giveaway

2»

Comments

• ChadiwickerChadiwicker Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    Thanks for the heads up OP.

You're welcome.  :)

• plaxidiaplaxidia Member UncommonPosts: 171

None of this works if you live in a country outside Brittian or US/Canada. They will only send a physical copy to my house if I sub and I really dont feel like forking out 20 dollars for beta access.. Meh..Sweden left out in the cold again.. ;)

• neveserneveser Member UncommonPosts: 21

Silly question...

I got a trial off google play and I don't see the key... What page is it on?

EDIT: nevermind, found it.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by plaxidia

None of this works if you live in a country outside Brittian or US/Canada. They will only send a physical copy to my house if I sub and I really dont feel like forking out 20 dollars for beta access.. Meh..Sweden left out in the cold again.. ;)

Can't do the zinio option?

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by neveser

Silly question...

I got a trial off google play and I don't see the key... What page is it on?

Go to where is my code page and you will see the address to go for right above the code redeem instructions on ride side of the black horse pic.

The address to go to is as follows:

Http://promo.pcgamer.com/Neverwinter

Then you will have to input some info about what is in the magazine and input email and personal info and they will mail you the key.

• Sys7emSys7em Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Just did the Google Play PC Gamer 14 day trial & got my code image
  • plaxidiaplaxidia Member UncommonPosts: 171

Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by plaxidia None of this works if you live in a country outside Brittian or US/Canada. They will only send a physical copy to my house if I sub and I really dont feel like forking out 20 dollars for beta access.. Meh..Sweden left out in the cold again.. ;)

It did.. Sort of. I still had to buy one issue to get a code but at least it wasn't the whole subscription ;) Thanks

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by plaxidia

Originally posted by kadepsyson

Originally posted by plaxidia None of this works if you live in a country outside Brittian or US/Canada. They will only send a physical copy to my house if I sub and I really dont feel like forking out 20 dollars for beta access.. Meh..Sweden left out in the cold again.. ;)

It did.. Sort of. I still had to buy one issue to get a code but at least it wasn't the whole subscription ;) Thanks

If you guys go to the link I just posted it shows you how to get PC Gamer Free 14-Day Trial so that you don't have to Pay for it if you don't want to.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

I confirm this works with Amazon version. BUT, you cannot actually read the magazine on your Kindle for PC! You are forced to read it on your Kindle. It will not let you transfer it to your PC. You can download it to your PC, but not read it. Pretty stupid but whatever. Just a warning.

EDIT: According to a post in this thread http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/375657/page/4 you get access to the second Beta event:

Okay folks! I have a bit of clarification for you straight from the busy CM PinPointError himself!

• PAX and GenCon Beta Keys are on a Phased Access level.
      • This means that they will slowly roll in these Beta Keys as they ramp up the need for Beta Testers. You might get into the First Weekend or you might not get in until the Third Weekend or beyond. Watch your Emails once we get closer to the Weekends!
    • The Hero of the North Founder's Pack grants you Beta Access starting with the First Beta Weekend!
    • The PC Gamer Magazine Mount/Beta Key grants you Beta Access starting with the Second Beta Weekend!
    • All other Beta Keys through Partners grant Beta Access starting with the Third Beta Weekend.
      • This includes but is not limited to Torchlight 2 Pre-Order Promotion Beta Keys.
    • Any keys that CM PinPointError or former CM Stormshade has given away will grant you Beta Access starting with the Third Beta Weekend!
    This information is subject to change. CM PinPointError will be making an Official Statement tomorrow once the Founder's Promotion has gone live.

Once again, we apologize for any confusion this has caused. Please feel free to "Release the Evil" (in a non-RoC violating way) in the Beta Anxiety Thread!

Thanks,
    Zebular, PWE Community Moderator

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• wodnywodny Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Could someone help me with getting my key? I live in Europe so this whole GooglePlay trial thing doesn't work for me.
  • impact-nzimpact-nz Member Posts: 2

Yay it works! This was posted in another thread and has clear instructions on how to get the key using the 14 day trial... http://mmo.rokzon.com/Neverwinter_Free_Beta_Key.html.

If you live outside of US/Canada (or wherever else google play magazines are available), you could use a proxy or VPN etc. Worked fine for me from New Zealand, just make sure you use a valid US address for the credit/debit card you use (I also changed my google account to the same US address I used for the debit card just in case, but not sure if it's needed).

Good US VPN if you don't have one is... http://us.hotfreevpn.com/free-vpn-account/.

• wodnywodny Member UncommonPosts: 21
    I tried many proxy sites and none of them works. This VPN also doesn't work because my 1723 port is blocked.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Chadiwicker

For those of you looking for beta keys for Neverwinter, you can get a beta key and a free mount (one of two horses) by picking up a copy of PC Gamer's February 2013 issue or buying an electronic copy.  Here is a link to more information:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/20/pc-gamer-neverwinter-issue-item-february-236-edition/

Beta has not started yet, but you will have access when it does.

seriously, dont trust them.

i had a friend buy me the copy with the PS2 key, and yea, i totaly got in, with everyone else.

basically this is a promo, for both, the "pc gamer" and the game.

as soon beta starts they usualy drop enough keys for evereyone. it's not like you'll get in wwwwwaaaaaaay ahead or sth

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• impact-nzimpact-nz Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Thane

seriously, dont trust them.

i had a friend buy me the copy with the PS2 key, and yea, i totaly got in, with everyone else.

basically this is a promo, for both, the "pc gamer" and the game.

as soon beta starts they usualy drop enough keys for evereyone. it's not like you'll get in wwwwwaaaaaaay ahead or sth

You're probably right, but I would rather make sure I have early access =].

• TraxousTraxous Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Hey could any1 help me out? Need to know the Headline for the Natural Selection 2 Review from issue 236. Would b much appreciated!
  • LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205
    So.. appearently.. even though it is still the beginning of February.. it considers February's issue a "Back Issue" and you need to pay 9$ for the issue now. I'm highly disappointed..
  • allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682
    Anyone find the code in the iOS version ? Or any version ? where is it ? I just bought the iOS version
  • allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by allegria
    Anyone find the code in the iOS version ? Or any version ? where is it ? I just bought the iOS version

Found it.

• well I just did all of this. I signed up for the trail but instead of showing that I signed up for Feb Issue it set me to March PC Gamer issue trial.. That is dumb... SO i ened up paying 9$ so I can get the Feb issue.... I got the key and went to the PW Never winter home page and click on access Beta.. Put my key in and it work.. I went back to the home page see if the access beta haschanged to download and it did.... But when I click on download it loads the download page and it says 

"

Neverwinter Download coming soon!

If you have activated your Access Key, you will be notified when testing begins and will receive instructions for downloading and logging into the game.

If you do not yet have a Perfect World account, please create one and you will be automatically added to the pool of potential Neverwinter Test candidates. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest news and be the first to know when the next phase of testing starts!

"

So I guess you still have to wait.. How long not sure.. I just did this 10mins ago.. still no email from Neverwinter...

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315

well they clearly stated this weekend was for found pack users and i guess press since they got in to.

as a pcgamer beta key guy i would "think" you can get in the third beta weekend only that being in march

edit

Found the post on nw forums

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30761-Neverwinter-Beta-Weekend-details-Read-this-first!

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

UPDATE: Please note that this is not the final list and is a work-in-progress. We're still evaluating our Beta Weekend plans and making sure that everyone has a fair chance to join us in Neverwinter Beta. A more final and complete list will be available once our plans are finalized. Thank you for understanding.

Greetings! Here is information on who will get access to our three Beta Weekends. We'll be updating this thread often so check back here for the latest information:

Beta Weekend 1 - February 8-10:
    • Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
    • Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers
    Beta Weekend 2 - March 8-10
    • Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    • RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    • Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.
    Beta Weekend 3 - March 22-24
    • Torchlight 2 pre-orders ( sadly only preorders from pw site not steam)
    Other Beta participants - Information to be revealed
    • PC Gamer promotional keys.
    • PAX / GenCon / Keys from game conventions and events.
    • Community Beta key giveaways through Facebook and Twitter.
    • Promotional Beta keys on partner sites.
    • And more!
  • Miztress1Miztress1 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    TY so much for this info. It worked and I was able to get keys for both myself and my boyfriend. It should be interesting to take a look at Neverwinter.
  • darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by Lokberg

well they clearly stated this weekend was for found pack users and i guess press since they got in to.

as a pcgamer beta key guy i would "think" you can get in the third beta weekend only that being in march

edit

Found the post on nw forums

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30761-Neverwinter-Beta-Weekend-details-Read-this-first!

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

UPDATE: Please note that this is not the final list and is a work-in-progress. We're still evaluating our Beta Weekend plans and making sure that everyone has a fair chance to join us in Neverwinter Beta. A more final and complete list will be available once our plans are finalized. Thank you for understanding.

Greetings! Here is information on who will get access to our three Beta Weekends. We'll be updating this thread often so check back here for the latest information:

Beta Weekend 1 - February 8-10:

Beta Weekend 2 - March 8-10
    • Torchlight 2 pre-orders

Beta Weekend 3 - March 22-24
    • Torchlight 2 pre-orders ( sadly only preorders from pw site not steam)

Other Beta participants - Information to be revealed
    • PC Gamer promotional keys.
    • PAX / GenCon / Keys from game conventions and events.
    • Community Beta key giveaways through Facebook and Twitter.
    • Promotional Beta keys on partner sites.
    • And more!

I just got in the beta for this weekend =D   

Got this mail today:

++++

Thank you for being one of the many who redeemed PC Gamer keys for Neverwinter Beta Access! You are qualified to participate in Neverwinter's second Beta Weekend! Among the available content this weekend will be four classes, seven races, and a level cap of 40! 

Neverwinter will be available to play starting March 8th at 12pm PST, and then closing on March 10th at 11:59pm PST.

+++++

To be honest, I didnt have an interest in this title since I originally assumed it was going to be a twitch-based lobby game.  But after some more reading and viewings on youtube my interest has increased.

Cant wait to try it out and will definitely drop my views afterwards for others to see.