Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Before getting Tera...

MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
Hello guys,

I always wanted to try out Tera. Graphic looks gorgeous on the screenshots I've seen. I also got TSW since it got B2P, but I miss some fantasy. Guild Wars 2 felt old very fast because theres no progression AT ALL.

Normally Im not really into Asian games (like Aion), but Tera doesnt look like a typical asian MMO.

-Many people are saying that the EU version is junk, and US is the way to go. Because theres no blood and all that. Is the EU version really worse than US? The reason I'm not just going headless to US is because I'm having thoughts about might not be able to run the game with a low ping, which I would simply just hate.

- How are the PvP in the game? Any fun? Rewarding?

- Grind? Is it possible for casuals to play this game, or will I get spanked in the ass and the game will demand me to let go off my GF and my work to make progress like in Asian games?

- And is the population good on the EU version? Of course I know more will come when it hits f2p

- Is it worth to get the retail version for veteran before f2p?

Comments

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Seems like the game is dead, when no responses have been here so far.
  • theoneandonlytheoneandonly Member Posts: 102

PvP is only fun on battlegrounds.

Grind for top gear - yes. Not lvl. Lvling - usual hub questing.

Cant comment on NA cause i`m EU player.

A lot of expectation for upcoming content with seiges and changes for political system.

Cant comment on account type but getting veteran account is pretty cheap atm.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ
    Hello guys,

I always wanted to try out Tera. Graphic looks gorgeous on the screenshots I've seen. I also got TSW since it got B2P, but I miss some fantasy. Guild Wars 2 felt old very fast because theres no progression AT ALL.

Normally Im not really into Asian games (like Aion), but Tera doesnt look like a typical asian MMO.

-Many people are saying that the EU version is junk, and US is the way to go. Because theres no blood and all that. Is the EU version really worse than US? The reason I'm not just going headless to US is because I'm having thoughts about might not be able to run the game with a low ping, which I would simply just hate.

- Grind? Is it possible for casuals to play this game, or will I get spanked in the ass and the game will demand me to let go off my GF and my work to make progress like in Asian games?

- And is the population good on the EU version? Of course I know more will come when it hits f2p

1.  I think most people are saying the EU version is junk because of the publisher.

2.  Can't comment on it, as I am not a PvPer.

3.  I'm a casual gamer, and I enjoyed the game.  Never noticed too bad a grind, but that's just my personal opinion as to what counts as a grind.

4.  Once the game goes f2p, populatiosn will explode (and there will be a review by ChaosD1 on Channel Awesome).

5.  Some people say yes, some people say no.  Look at the features comparison matrix and the price of the retail version and decide if you think they are worth spending the money.  Only you can determien whether or not buying the retail version of a game before it goes f2p for the bonuses is right for you.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Hello guys,

Game's not dead, it's just difficult to answer such subjective questions.

1, what's rewarding? The pvp on the pvp servers is fun but you aren't "rewarded". Do you find it rewarding to have open pvp and vanquish your enemies? Then sure it's "rewarding". Do you require territory control through pvp? Well, that's not in the game though it's rumored to be coming.

2, grind?  lol. People felt Aion was a grind but if they actually played a real grind game they would know the difference. So I would say that Tera is even lighter than Aion on grind. Still, because the quests are all kill x quests people might say it's a grind. I think the game was cake to level in.

3, can't tell, on US servers.

Can't tell, check to see if you like what they offer. They give all the info. It's up to you.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, tbh, I also think they just bash frogster because its frogster...

Though I hear, that content is released much faster in US than EU?

About PvP rewarding, I do mean do you only do it for fun, or can you obtain gear, like in PvE?

Besides PvP BG?

So far, the only thing I'm really afraid of, is the weapon restrictions for the classes.

Etc Berserker only use axe and so on.

• DranthosDranthos Member UncommonPosts: 15

Heavy content (for example, new dungeons) are being released almost at the same time on NA and EU.

Actually you can get PvP oriented gear doing BGs.

Besides BG PvP you have OW PvP, this one is just for fun tho, there is no death penalty when u get killed and penalties for the player killers are just laughtable, you have one (or two, I dont quite remeber atm) territories of the political system you can acquire doing guild wars instead of voting. Even on PvE servers.

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297

So far, the only thing I'm really afraid of, is the weapon restrictions for the classes.

Etc Berserker only use axe and so on.

Just to comment on that statement, you can't approach a different game with the mentality of "of it doesn't have the feature of X" 

The class specific weapon types is actually a feature of the "personality" of each class on a thematic level.  That's why Sorcerer's have disks as "foci" instead of not having any weapon at all.  It's used for class specific animations (the casting animations for a human sorcerer are different from a human mystic, and even more so that from another elf sorcerer.), style (such as the warriors extremely fast strikes versus berserker charge and release style.) and obviously as stats.

Also makes loot distribution oh so much less dramatic and straighforward, and item remodeling simpler.