Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes: New Pre-Sale Packs Unveiled

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Gazillion Entertainment has unveiled its presale options for players looking to score some nifty stuff in Marvel Heroes once the game goes live. The three tiers range in price from $19.99 to $199.99, each containing a range of bonuses and character slots.

Marvel Heroes was built from the ground up to be a free-to-play game. Players will be able to get nearly ALL Heroes and Costumes in the game for free, just by playing. The Founders Program gives you the opportunity to play as your favorite Heroes from the day we launch! For an incredible value, you'll get your choice of starting heroes, alternate costumes spanning Marvel's expansive history, special game boosts, and more! Have any questions? Visit our FAQ.

Find out more on the Marvel Heroes presale page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Thanks for the advertisement, unfortunally I'm currently not interested in investing any money in F2P titles. Cheers
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Heck with this game! No way am I playing it.

One of the coolest characters in Marvel is Spider-Man (Black Costume). The only way to obtain this skin is to purchase a $200 player pack? Amazing. This reminds me of when Star Trek Online offered an exclusive "Borg Race" to people who purchased the 200-300 lifetime subscription plan.

This is why it always sucks when dealing with these types of franchises. They know that their fans are beyond the average capacity. They will spend top dollar for "exclusive" bullshit. From my point of view, it makes the company look bad.

I know that this is a free-to-play game. Selling costumes is fine. But my goodness...    $200?

Marvel Online = Ignore List.

• drgrandrgran Member UncommonPosts: 192

So what do we get if we dont pay? Isn't this game free to play.

I see 19.99 and you get 1 hero with 2 costumes.

So free players start the game with 0 heroes?

ASUS G74sx
    i7 quad core
    16gb ddr3 ram
    3gb ram Nvidia 560M
    240GB SSD & 750GB

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Originally posted by drgran

You can only play as DC characters...unless you pay.

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

and nekkid

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323
    Those stuff are extra.. You'll get to choose your first hero from a short list. Those from the Founder pack will probably be from the whole roster.
  • KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

I'm guessing this means you begin with one extra hero. So two. I think F2P players begin with only one character.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

From the FAQ:

What will Marvel Heroes cost to play?

Marvel Heroes will be free-to-play. When you start the game, you will be able to select a hero from a choice of several, and play through the entire game for free, finishing the story. You can earn most of the heroes and costumes just by playing the game. However, as you play, you may optionally choose to purchase other heroes, alternate costumes, and a variety of other items to enhance your gameplay using in-game currency known as ‘Gs’.

What is the Marvel Heroes Founders Program?

The Founders Program is a chance to buy characters, costumes and other items at a discount before the launch of Marvel Heroes. Buying a Founders Pack also allows you to get early access to the game and play before Marvel Heroes officially launches.

Why is there a Founders Program if the game is free to play?

Purchasing a Founders Pack allows you to purchase items at a discount. While you will be able to play through the entire game with your chosen starter hero, and also gain more heroes and costumes through random drops, with a Founders Pack you can start the game with your favorite hero and other bonus items.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    I have absolutely no problem paying for a game that I enjoy playing. Unfortunately, I have yet to see anything about this game that makes me want to play it. The packs don't look outrageous to me, and it looks like some good stuff for fans of the game.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

I would support this if they gave us closed beta access for purchasing.

Edit: just noticed you get beta access with the ultimate pack... yeah thats too much for a ARPG.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• Hyuuga_XHyuuga_X Member Posts: 5
    As long as I can be Deadpool without paying, I'm cool with it xD
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Originally posted by Hyuuga_X
    As long as I can be Deadpool without paying, I'm cool with it xD

I was kinda disappointed in this too. :( I did go ahead and get the Black Widow pack, however. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

Free Starting Characters:

• Daredevil
    • Hawkeye
    • Scarlet Witch
    • Storm
    • Thing

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    I actually enjoyed this game enough to spend money on it. I'd drop $60 on this before I drop $60 on Diablo 3. Unfortunately, I don't actually want to drop $60 on ANY game. Those prices are a bit steep for things I could get in-game with a little patience. I wouldn't consider that a good investment, personally.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137
    LOL on the estimated values they makeup for these things "over $120" for the "7 premium packs", "over $750" for "the ultimate pack".

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by Flaming_MMO
    LOL on the estimated values they makeup for these things "over $120" for the "7 premium packs", "over $750" for "the ultimate pack".

I'd hazard a guess that those values are based on what they plan on charging for the items when the game and its mall launches. Though yes, it does give some clue about how much they plan to charge for characters and costumes. Tad worrisome. Glad the only character I really care about, Storm, comes for free.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362

Wow, I haven't been keeping up with all the info specifically for this game, but I had planned on buying it when it released. Well, I'm deffinetly not playing it now. For a Diablo3 type game, I would expect it to be B2P, not what it is now. Oh well, glad I knew this ahead of time before investing more 'self-hyping' time.

I wish them luck, but I don't think this will work well for them.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Free characters:

Thing = Melee tank

Daredevil = Agile melee, medium range hybrid (think rogue)

Hawkeye = Classic ranger type

Storm & Scarlet Witch = Casters (AOE, Single target, buffs/debuffs and maybe minions also).

Honestly, thats a great variety for free. Ill level Thing and Hawkeye first. since i like tanky melee and bow type characters. 

I just hope the character drops arent like unique/legendary drops in other ARPGs if so people will be paying out the nose for character unlocks.

Oh and Deadpool being a founders pack only character sucks. $60 for 1 character?! yeah... no thanks

I'm also not too kean on buying Xp and item find boosts... imo thats buying power. 

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591

Sad to see Beast did not get included, so I will hold off buying any of the pack and just play the game the free way when it comes out, annoying that people complain when the company gives you a chance to get heros without getting lucky and unlocking them in game, its not like you HAVE to do it. You can unlock these heros and costumes by playing the game( Minus a Couple ), its just longer and harder, they are offering a way for you to start with the hero your enjoy the most ahead of time aswell as Early Access.

P.S The Less Deadpool I see the better.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,488
    The price of the characters is a LOT higher than I had expected to see. Only when you buy the packs do they come down to reasonably amounts... but I don't want ALL of them. I'd only want a few. Andd with no actual playtime in yet, I see no incentive strong enough for me to pay for any fo what they're offering right now.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    No way I'm "pre-ordering" a f2p game :)
  • WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

From the footage I have seen, it is not bad.. for a FTP.  The $20 and even the $60 does not seem too bad for what you get for it... except Deadpool, but I'm not a fan of him anyways.

Packs like the Avenger is not too bad, as it appears you get the classic and movie version of the Avengers.

It does suck symbiote Spiderman is for the $200 pack, but perhaps the Starter or Premium pack is the way to go.  For now.

Oh, I also read that you can craft costumes in game with drops... so you might not have to even buy the costumes with real money.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    It is dumb to release this sort of info when they havn't confirmed exactly what can and can't be obtained ingame. Bad move.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

On Top not having Paypal as payment Option kicks me out then. We have 2013......

Sry guys, your Pricing is much to high. Really.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Now that is flat outright GREED!  Unfortunately there will be foolish people who can't figure that out.  Talk about gouging the public...