Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Home Needed

Fr00bletFr00blet Member Posts: 4

Hey everyone!

I'm desperate for a new mmo "home" >.<

I've been looking for ages and tried a fair few but none of them captivated me and gave me what I wanted so I'm hoping someone came come up with some little gem :P

Lets begin,  I'm trying to find a game that has some sort of community and where the individual actually makes a difference.  Most of the games I've tried recently had no real need for me or anyone to group up and play together as the individual or pet/minion were strong enough to solo everything.

I currently play EVE Online but as your in ships the whole time its not the same plus I dont really have the need to team up to accomplish what I want.

Played WoW for a while and bored of it and I aside from raids which i didnt really take part in, most of the time i had no need to team up.

The only game that I've played that I actually felt a part of something was Legend of Mir 2 (lol) I played it since it began and until its demise I also played the USA Gamepot version for a bit too.  It wasn't the most graphically amazing game and  it definately had its issues but for me it had a bit of charm about it and to hunt the harder dungeons/bosses we had to group up and work as a team and sometimes it meant that if one person or one person of a certain class died then the whole team would wipe but thats what made it fun and gave it a sense of danger and perserverance.

*sigh* those were the days

Anyway I'm no good at this but I'll try and summarise what I'm looking for;

Good Community

Dont mind grinding

Guilds or equivalent

A need to work together/group play

PVP is optional

I'm pretty open minded so not fussy on genre

there is some leeway with graphics as long as its not like an 8-bit blocky thing lol

F2P would probably be better right now but P2P is do-able for the right game

mmmm I think thats it?

Thanks in advance for suggestions

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Originally posted by Fr00blet

Most of the games I've tried recently had no real need for me or anyone to group up and play together as the individual or pet/minion were strong enough to solo everything

You're out of luck then, cause thats how damn near every MMOs are played now.  Until you get to end game, and just run dungeons and raids over and over, but even then, unless you're in a dedicated guild into scheduling and whatnot, most the time you just use a dungeon finder and run with random people that usually never talk...lol

If you want community, believe it or not FFXI and the upcoming FFXIV:ARR are your best options.  Its always been strong with these MMOs.  However with XI, its can be tough to find a decent linkshell being a new player, and with FFXIV:ARR, you'll have to wait for that to relaunch, probably in July this year. {Thats one to watch, since it'll be on the PS3 too, should be a massive influx of new players!  PC too...}

They are both P2P though, but totally worth every dime!

• Fr00bletFr00blet Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Khrymson

You're out of luck then, cause thats how damn near every MMOs are played now.  Until you get to end game, and just run dungeons and raids over and over, but even then, unless you're in a dedicated guild into scheduling and whatnot, most the time you just use a dungeon finder and run with random people that usually never talk...lol

*sigh*  It's as I feared then :(

Tyvm for the reply and suggestions, tbh I've always wanted to try the MMO FF's just never got round to it, so maybe I'll wait for the relaunch and give it a shot :)

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281

Possibly DDO, mainly instanced group quests from hub city, but is a fun game with great skills/ combat/ classes and F2P.

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Wait for it...

http://www.hellokittyonline.com/

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• steelheartxsteelheartx Member UncommonPosts: 434
    I've found that what makes a good community is not neccessarily the game, but the people that you play with.  Find an Organization out there that you can feel comfortable playing not only current games with, but future ones as well.

Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at https://www.grievancegaming.org !

• steelheartxsteelheartx Member UncommonPosts: 434
    Originally posted by apocoluster

Wait for it...

http://www.hellokittyonline.com/

LOL.... I knew that was coming ;)

Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at https://www.grievancegaming.org !

• Fr00bletFr00blet Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by steelheartx
    I've found that what makes a good community is not neccessarily the game, but the people that you play with.  Find an Organization out there that you can feel comfortable playing not only current games with, but future ones as well.

Yea you're most definately right that it is the people that make the game and not the game itself (to an extent)

so I guess, hello kitty here I come... lol thx for that  apocoluster  :P