Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Dynasty of the Magi: Infographic Highlights the State of MMO Development

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,658MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

The team behind the literary MMOG, Dynasty of the Magi has put together a fascinating (and often humorous) infographic. Called "A Noob's MMO Compendium, the image highlights the state of MMO development as it currently stands in the United States. Check it out and then join the conversation in the comments.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• tawesstawess LkpgPosts: 2,537Member Uncommon

That was kind of funny...

I still think there should be a difference made between noob and newb... A noob is someone who do not want to learn and is proud about it... A Newb is just someone who is new to the game.

Still that was funny and i liked it

• AeolronAeolron Ottawa, ONPosts: 648Member
    Noob and newb when I used to play mmorpgs a decade ago used to be called newbie which meant either the person was new or an idiot, I find it funny that there is now two different ways of saying it now lol.
  • CypeqCypeq TychyPosts: 66Member
    Originally posted by Aeolron
    Noob and newb when I used to play mmorpgs a decade ago used to be called newbie which meant either the person was new or an idiot, I find it funny that there is now two different ways of saying it now lol.

I play online games since forever and I noob and newb were always two diffrent terms. It's obvious that noob comes from newb a short for newbie who is new player but noob/newb separated pretty quickly.

Noob is just someone playing horribly bad ruining it for everyone else on the team possibly a newbie.