Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trading and its consequences.

CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

ArcheAge is not full loot, at least for those things carried in the normal inventory. However, resource bundles used to build houses, land claim tokens for the 3rd continent, trading packages, are all carried in a seperate back slot that CAN be looted from a dead player.

Houses, Boats, Castle segments, all require a blueprint to start building. The blueprints all cost special coins available through doing trade runs, craft a trade package, and carry it to a distant island. The trick is that both East and West player factions use the same turn in point.

While a player is carrying an item in their back slot their movement is slowed to walking speeds.

So here we see a group camping the turn in point, liberating the trade packages and finishing the turn in themselves. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHX1yeZ4t20

Comments

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

That's actually quiet nice :)

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

The shared turn in points are new to me. Sounds exciting.

But I hate to see there are "rogue" like specs with invisibility skills again in this game. It makes me fear there is yet again a  class with gamebraking skills like "permanent invisibility". One of the most exploitable, imbalanced and straight out annoying skills in MMORPGs if not well restricted. Staying invisible, prey for targets with no risk unless from others in stealth, moving invisible, attacking from invisibility and then retreating into invisibility if anything goes wrong with usually no means to break it unless the exploiter makes poor decissions himself. There is rarely ever any sort of balancing contra to it. Not just a mere counter, but a polar opposite that can at least invalidate or compensate for this advantage if wisely used.

It's called a group use it.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Mardukk Originally posted by Sukiyaki The shared turn in points are new to me. Sounds exciting. But I hate to see there are "rogue" like specs with invisibility skills again in this game. It makes me fear there is yet again a  class with gamebraking skills like "permanent invisibility". One of the most exploitable, imbalanced and straight out annoying skills in MMORPGs if not well restricted. Staying invisible, prey for targets with no risk unless from others in stealth, moving invisible, attacking from invisibility and then retreating into invisibility if anything goes wrong with usually no means to break it unless the exploiter makes poor decissions himself. There is rarely ever any sort of balancing contra to it. Not just a mere counter, but a polar opposite that can at least invalidate or compensate for this advantage if wisely used.
    It's called a group use it.
    The point just went completely over your head.

I heard the whoosh from over here.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Stealth;

It is limited by proximity. You become visible based on being too close to a target. As well there is at least 1 skill that increases that radius by double iirc. So it will let you get set up for an attack, but you'll still have to charge through a visibility range.

Secondly, the skill has a 40sec Duration, 40sec Cool Down, and reduces movement by 30%.  So the user will likely become visible briefly as they refresh.

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200

But I hate to see there are "rogue" like specs with invisibility skills again in this game. It makes me fear there is yet again a  class with gamebraking skills like "permanent invisibility". One of the most exploitable, imbalanced and straight out annoying skills in MMORPGs if not well restricted. Staying invisible, prey for targets with no risk unless from others in stealth, moving invisible, attacking from invisibility and then retreating into invisibility if anything goes wrong with usually no means to break it unless the exploiter makes poor decissions himself. There is rarely ever any sort of balancing contra to it. Not just a mere counter, but a polar opposite that can at least invalidate or compensate for this advantage if wisely used.

Do some research before starting to talk nonsense, stealth in AA is not overpowered as in most of the other games.

And this whole goods transporting system i a good way to encourage teamwork (on group of players responsible to carry goods while they teammates responsible to defending them), something to give meaning to teamwork which most of the MMOs are lacking lately, and to punish soloers!

• AmateAmate Member Posts: 88

Funny thing is that you can see me easily busting someone out of stealth at 2:13 in the video.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Guess people will need to hire scouts and guards.    That is what I would do.   :)
  • PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565
    Clans will have to work together to ensure safe traval and even then you could be out gunned and your resources lost, just another aspect of AA that makes team work worthwhile.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Looked good except the guy that was invisible, I guess that's their stealth, kinda like rogues in WoW, and stealthers from DAOC. I despise the invisible mechanic in mmorpg's. I have and probably will play one, of course, just because of the advantage. Seriously, wish it were hidden in shadows or a brief stealth though, I hate perma-stealth-invisibility.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565
    Originally posted by Tayah
    Looked good except the guy that was invisible, I guess that's their stealth, kinda like rogues in WoW, and stealthers from DAOC. I despise the invisible mechanic in mmorpg's. I have and probably will play one, of course, just because of the advantage. Seriously, wish it were hidden in shadows or a brief stealth though, I hate perma-stealth-invisibility.

It isn't, read the 1st page

If you watch the video full screen, keep an eye on the chat window. You'll see that the attackers had placed scouts; "Boat to the south, south, landing..." Also, notice that one of them died, and respawned in Jail. LOL

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

Originally posted by Tayah Looked good except the guy that was invisible, I guess that's their stealth, kinda like rogues in WoW, and stealthers from DAOC. I despise the invisible mechanic in mmorpg's. I have and probably will play one, of course, just because of the advantage. Seriously, wish it were hidden in shadows or a brief stealth though, I hate perma-stealth-invisibility.
    It isn't, read the 1st page

Ok so it's 45 seconds of invisibility. It's not perma stealth but definately gonna be most useful for pvp. 45 seconds is still a good long time to be invisible. I understand the vocation tree for assassinnis a lesser form of stealth that can be seen through if you're too close to an enemy. Ah well guess I'll have to be a stealther....again.

Dark Age of Camelot

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by LlexX

Do some research before starting to talk nonsense, stealth in AA is not overpowered as in most of the other games.

And this whole goods transporting system i a good way to encourage teamwork (on group of players responsible to carry goods while they teammates responsible to defending them), something to give meaning to teamwork which most of the MMOs are lacking lately, and to punish soloers!

He didn't claim it was overpowered like other games.  He said he feared it could be a gamebreaking skill.  He didn't know that it was a short (40 second) duration rather than toggle forever.  He just stated why he didn't like such things in other MMOs.

Also, encouraging teamwork is great, punishing solo players is not. A lone wolf type should have the ability to interact in a very different way with others than a group.  It shouldn't end up being no group = may as well quit forever.

Do some careful reading of his post before starting to talk nonsense.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw
    See, now this is the kind of stuff that makes MMO's entertaining. As for the guy who went to jail, what exactly did he do to end up in jail?

Armed robbery, attempted murder, maybe even actual murder?

On the off chance you didn't know, the game has in-game jail with in-game player courts.

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon Clans will have to work together to ensure safe traval and even then you could be out gunned and your resources lost, just another aspect of AA that makes team work worthwhile.

Yeah, I can see places that will probably be camped all the time with lots of pvp action, which is great. Finding a good guild that isn't full of elitest jerks may be a problem. I'm hoping I can can find a small to medium sized guild that work together, much like the one I was in in Daoc Pre-Toa. The larger guild I was in in Wow were full of elitest jerks and the guild was so big I never got to know everyone in it.

Dark Age of Camelot

Murder and theft only count if they are against the same faction on the Southern continents. And then only if the "victim" collects and turns in the evidence. On the Northern continent there are no penalties.

Someone recently had over 100 same faction player kills, the jail sentence was 4800 some minutes. They were rather naughty...
  • PaladrinkPaladrink Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Hmmm i honestly dont care about Full loot, but this seems interesting.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Afaik the stealth is limited, you can still insta vanish after the timer goes away, being visible only for a fraction of a second..
    As for that island, if its the only tradespot for coins, there's a hail of shitstorm coming!! And the spot will be worse than tarren mill on vanilla glory-days and only the largest zergs will be able to trade for coins
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    Afaik the stealth is limited, you can still insta vanish after the timer goes away, being visible only for a fraction of a second..
    As for that island, if its the only tradespot for coins, there's a hail of shitstorm coming!! And the spot will be worse than tarren mill on vanilla glory-days and only the largest zergs will be able to trade for coins

Not the only turn in point. Just the one that offers the 'best' value for the turn in. The further the package goes the more it is worth in the trade coins.

According to one report, the blueprint for a small house starts at 16 coins. The larger the item, the larger its footprint, the more coins.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

That's the first thing I said to myself. There is now way of balancing a perma invs class.

edit - I see someone above say that stealth is not perm, it sure looked like it in the vid.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

OH wow, im glad I saw this  :)

*marks Archage off his to play list* 

peace yall    ..v,

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by apocoluster

OH wow, im glad I saw this  :)

*marks Archage off his to play list* 

peace yall    ..v,

Why? That looked fun lol.

Death in a video game is trivial. From my understanding only resources and crafting stuff can be looted. No money, currency, or anything like that. This i prefer over full loot pvp. But to each their own, just curious why so many are afraid to lose a little bit upon death.

Originally posted by Onomas

Why? That looked fun lol.

Death in a video game is trivial. From my understanding only resources and crafting stuff can be looted. No money, currency, or anything like that. This i prefer over full loot pvp. But to each their own, just curious why so many are afraid to lose a little bit upon death.

Exactly!

If I want to play it safer and get 1-2 coins I'll stick to local routes. But to get 5-6 coins a turn in I need to risk getting 0. So call out your friends, guildies, everyone you know, and travel in a pack. If your Expeditionary Force (guild/corp) is going to want a Castle someday, you'll probably want gods-own-lot of those coins.

Now as to what is most efficient, shorter less rewarding one you finish quickly and the gurads can be carrying packages as well, longer distance but more rewarding... that remains to be seen.

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200

That happens to people who grow up playing themeparks and CoD games, and get used to not losing anything upon death. And its better that these gamers are avoiding AA, would be annoying seeing them crying over deaths when they lose something, and begging to the devs to change the system because they don't like to lose stuff. And i agree too that death should be punished, with losing certain stuff, and not just being respawned.

As for full loot, it can't work well in games like AA where are many customization options for an item, to actually make a "perfect" item you will need to spend weeks getting the resources and crafting it (and praying to get nice random stats), and thats just for one item, now do the math for all the 16-18 items you have on yourself.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by LlexX

That happens to people who grow up playing themeparks and CoD games, and get used to not losing anything upon death. And its better that these gamers are avoiding AA, would be annoying seeing them crying over deaths when they lose something, and begging to the devs to change the system because they don't like to lose stuff. And i agree too that death should be punished, with losing certain stuff, and not just being respawned.

As for full loot, it can't work well in games like AA where are many customization options for an item, to actually make a "perfect" item you will need to spend weeks getting the resources and crafting it (and praying to get nice random stats), and thats just for one item, now do the math for all the 16-18 items you have on yourself.

All I can say is there is one less    Your still gonna have the cry babies

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin