Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I wasting my time?

2»

Comments

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by PieRad

If you're having fun right now, then no... You're not wasting your time.

If you're not enjoying the game right now, and are only lvl'ing to reach end game, then yes, you are wasting your time.

This sums it up quite nicely.

imageimage
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    As a PvP focused game, it has about as much depth as you get from a CoD game.  As a result, it's arguably not even a reall MMO, in that it has very little to do other than the basic PvP zerging.

You make me like charity

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Here's a review from someone (Athene Wins) that got bored early with Guild Wars 2. If you didn't feel the game right away, well, here you go.

Who was his target for this video? New players? I just don't think old players will buy it. It's the whole "Your playing hte game wrong. You must be confused." thing.

I think it's players not familiar with GW2 and/or WoW players.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Here's a review from someone (Athene Wins) that got bored early with Guild Wars 2. If you didn't feel the game right away, well, here you go.

Sorry, I don't need to take advice on how to ejoy a game "properly"  from that guy.  Google "Athene" and "WoW" and you'll see what kind of person this sefl proclaimed "best gamer in the world" is.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

Originally posted by Citalss

Just did my first dungeon, and it's safe to say.. Goodbye Guild wars2

They really have ruined PVE by removing the trio (Imo anyway)

It was just a death and button mash fest. Dungeons are an unorganised mess...

Guess I'll just have to wait for Age of wulin

That's what happen when you PuG with bad players. If you can't beat a dungeon without someone died a single time, you obviously don't know the dungeons, all the mechanics of the game, how to properly utilise combos, people in your group don't know how to play/build they profession properly and etc. Sure its an unorganised mess when dones by bad players, its the complete opposite when you know what you're doing with a good group.

Originally posted by asmkm22
    As a PvP focused game, it has about as much depth as you get from a CoD game.  As a result, it's arguably not even a reall MMO, in that it has very little to do other than the basic PvP zerging.

Most PvP features might not be there yet, but they will. I won't comment on your CoD reference because its just some nonsense. How its not a real MMO? Very little to do other than basic PvP zerging?? Lol you couldn't be more wrong. Sure the sPvP is only a big zerg fest...

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I have been playing on and off since launch and my engineer is only level 43 now. I want to like the game so bad, but I just can't get into it at all. Unlike the others, I will not uninstall it because I am hoping it will grab me at some point. Right now I am bouncing between Lotro, GW2 and AoC. But, I will never give up on GW2. I am sure it will be great someday.
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by bigsmiff
    I have been playing on and off since launch and my engineer is only level 43 now. I want to like the game so bad, but I just can't get into it at all. Unlike the others, I will not uninstall it because I am hoping it will grab me at some point. Right now I am bouncing between Lotro, GW2 and AoC. But, I will never give up on GW2. I am sure it will be great someday.

Try warrior, guardian or elementalist.

Engineer without kits can be boring.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by bigsmiff

Try warrior, guardian or elementalist.

Engineer without kits can be boring.

I tried warrior and elementalist. I really wanted to play engineer because that's what I was in the ARMY.  I might try guardian now though...thanks

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Only because your team was....

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

Seriously.......

It's like shoveling shit against the tide.

Yes, OP, you are wasting your time. 

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

lol.....you quit GW2 because you just got your ass kicked by some PvE content, not because of poor mechanics or lack of the trinity.