Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-purchase with credit card

tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240

Hi,

I've tried a bit of the game now and I like the concept so I've decided to drop the $20 for pre-purchase. It's not that much money, but I am sceptical of giving my CC to a chinese company. It is also hard to see if the credit card entry page is secured by SSL.

Have anyone had any strange transactions occuring or anything like that after buying?

It's not that I don't trust these guys in particular. I just don't trust anyone :)

Comments

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240

Ok, no replies, I assume no one has had bad experiences.

However I just discovered that this is the NA version. 

Are there any differences between this and Age of Wulin (EU)?

• Insane666Insane666 Member UncommonPosts: 67

first difference is in name, while the US and russian versions are called Age of Wushu, the UE version is called Age of Wullin,,

- Age of Wullin is not yet in OB, as are the US and rus versions, supposedly it will soon, round feb or so, alltho i read that here on mmorpg.com so i wouldnt be so sure of it w.o extra research

- from te comments here on mmorpg i can tell you that the UE version has right now a supperior translation over the US one, wich apparently made loads of player move from the US to the rus beta

- you can play the RUS ver. in english if you swap 3 language files from the EU ver.

- rus ver is a newer version of the game compared to the US ver, more content/mechanics are implemented there, alltho i wont  name any here since i play like 3 days and simply still am somewhat confused b this game

- obviously PING is a difference too, depending where you game from you might benefit greatly by the switch to a proper located server

- rus. ver ha NO limit for fp2 players in the beta ( NA limits them to 10 hours initially, then just 1h per day )

in case you'd be interested in the rus. version, here is a guide how to download, register, where to get the 3 files to swap, etc, etc:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/373117/Totally-Free-Wushu.html

Games previously played: AO, AoC, Aion, AoW, Eve, SWTor, WaR, STO, TSW, DCUO, FE, BP, ProjectEntropia, FootballSuperstars!

Originally posted by Insane666

first difference is in name, while the US and russian versions are called Age of Wushu, the UE version is called Age of Wullin,,

- Age of Wullin is not yet in OB, as are the US and rus versions, supposedly it will soon, round feb or so, alltho i read that here on mmorpg.com so i wouldnt be so sure of it w.o extra research

- from te comments here on mmorpg i can tell you that the UE version has right now a supperior translation over the US one, wich apparently made loads of player move from the US to the rus beta

- you can play the RUS ver. in english if you swap 3 language files from the EU ver.

- rus ver is a newer version of the game compared to the US ver, more content/mechanics are implemented there, alltho i wont  name any here since i play like 3 days and simply still am somewhat confused b this game

- obviously PING is a difference too, depending where you game from you might benefit greatly by the switch to a proper located server

- rus. ver ha NO limit for fp2 players in the beta ( NA limits them to 10 hours initially, then just 1h per day )

in case you'd be interested in the rus. version, here is a guide how to download, register, where to get the 3 files to swap, etc, etc:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/373117/Totally-Free-Wushu.html

Thank you, I will look into the russian version.

Also, greetings from a fellow AO fan (best game ever)!

I am Lorrides, clan NT on RK2 :)

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

From what I can tell we EU players have the better deal,supposedly better translation and a newer client more refined F2P cash shop  that is why we have a delayed beta test .

Although NA are now testing with a limited 10 hours limit  then 1 hour after that,but this is said to change in next stage of beta so we can test NA version to get a feel for the game.

Must admit very impressed with this game but if you pay now you are effectively paying for a closed beta test even though it's solid it still has a way to go and a few features are missing,all in all though I'm looking forward to trying this game on the EU servers.

p>
    Originally posted by darker70

From what I can tell we EU players have the better deal,supposedly better translation and a newer client more refined F2P cash shop  that is why we have a delayed beta test .

Although NA are now testing with a limited 10 hours limit  then 1 hour after that,but this is said to change in next stage of beta so we can test NA version to get a feel for the game.

Must admit very impressed with this game but if you pay now you are effectively paying for a closed beta test even though it's solid it still has a way to go and a few features are missing,all in all though I'm looking forward to trying this game on the EU servers.

Yes, I won't be buying the NA version now. I thought this was the only way to play it outside of asia :)

I'm actually really surprised by the game. It seems solid and with good systems. I also really like the idea that some skills/items can only be obtained by a few (like Nullity Sphere was for me in AO in the early days). There was also a beggar (real player) sitting in a corner during my whole session earlier. It almost brings back the feel of early SWG in this regard with different professions.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Just as I posted I found this awesome post on the forums downloading the torrent now but other peeps seem to have got this to work,and I Beta's Allods on Russian servers so fingers crossed image

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/373117

p>
  • Insane666Insane666 Member UncommonPosts: 67

Originally posted by tyfon

Thank you, I will look into the russian version.

Also, greetings from a fellow AO fan (best game ever)!

I am Lorrides, clan NT on RK2 :)

hehe, hearing the words: ao best game ever is awlays music for my ears, i miss that game soooooooo muuuuuuchh!!!

personally im an antlantean player, but it wont make a diff very soon, ive read the ao forums a couple days ago, if memory serves early feb there will be the long anticipaded rk1/rk2 server merge,,, so who knows, we might run into each other ingame someday:) ( not sure if ill resub after the merge or if ill still wait a bit longer for the engine )

as for my toons, if you see (post merge) any toon with the name InsaneXXX and/or InsanityXXX ( where X is a 6 or 9 ) you can be sure its one of mine, there was so many of them i propably couldnt remember all of em, played pretty much every single non-meele proffesion, some of em doubled by 220s and lower lvl twinks

anyways, from the forum reading i found out that there are 2 big patches set for the nearest future:

18.6 - merge

18.7 - new engine beta

alltho weve been hearing that for years, looks like this time the new engine might really be just round the corner!! hopefully it is!!!

Games previously played: AO, AoC, Aion, AoW, Eve, SWTor, WaR, STO, TSW, DCUO, FE, BP, ProjectEntropia, FootballSuperstars!