Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SWTOR forum moderation]

Comments

• rygar218rygar218 Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Originally posted by Onomas
    Originally posted by Marcelino
    Originally posted by tawess

you were in the wrong here and you decided to resolve it in the most immature way you could

Rubbish. I went to the forums so I could have a mature discussion as to why I left with other subscribers. I was not looking for attention,

When i leave a game, i just leave. I dont try to get my 15 seconds of fame. Just leave is the mature thing to do. People already know why the game sucks lol. Unless its a major issue there isnt need for everyone that leaves the game because they hate it to post a message ;) Otherwise you are just looking for attention, and by reposting it a second time kind of proves that.

Pretty much right there don't like the game don't resub pretty much simple as that don't need to go to an official form and give your rant there. We are all mature adults. People who say they are just giving their opinion about a game and aren't trolling are just kidding themselves. When you unsub from a game it asks you why you are leaving survey right there and then where you can type up your post and it can be read through the right connections instead of some forum sob story that will just entice people into an opinonated flame war.

• CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by dlld

Never understood why people repost deleted posts expecting not to be banned.

Just reminds me of "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Vaas! Best bad guy ever..to bad he isn't the main vilan.

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by rygar218
    Originally posted by Onomas
    Originally posted by Marcelino

you were in the wrong here and you decided to resolve it in the most immature way you could

Rubbish. I went to the forums so I could have a mature discussion as to why I left with other subscribers. I was not looking for attention,

When i leave a game, i just leave. I dont try to get my 15 seconds of fame. Just leave is the mature thing to do. People already know why the game sucks lol. Unless its a major issue there isnt need for everyone that leaves the game because they hate it to post a message ;) Otherwise you are just looking for attention, and by reposting it a second time kind of proves that.

Pretty much right there don't like the game don't resub pretty much simple as that don't need to go to an official form and give your rant there. We are all mature adults. People who say they are just giving their opinion about a game and aren't trolling are just kidding themselves. When you unsub from a game it asks you why you are leaving survey right there and then where you can type up your post and it can be read through the right connections instead of some forum sob story that will just entice people into an opinonated flame war.

nice try,,ive unsubbed from swtor twice ,,no survey there

and since i cant tell the reasons on their forums im more than happy to show their dirty laundry on other forums

i bought a flawed product, and now i cant complain about it? thats the sure way to get lousy service everywhere

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697
    Originally posted by Ouriel

To be honest and realistic, no one really cares why you leave. 

Point being, no one really cares if leave, just make a thread of what makes you think is wrong with the game or just leave the game quietly. End of discussion.

They had the right to ban you for posting something that was already being deleted twice.

I do care. I don't care the person, cause I probably don't know him/her but I do care about the reason.

I don't want anyone to leave a game quietly, I want them to shout the reason for leaving and I also want to make my own mind if it 's warranted mourning or not.

Every "I'm leaving" post is an indicator to me if I should for example continue to pay for the service these gaming companies do or not.

• darkbamydarkbamy Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by Pelaaja

To be honest and realistic, no one really cares why you leave. 

Point being, no one really cares if leave, just make a thread of what makes you think is wrong with the game or just leave the game quietly. End of discussion.

They had the right to ban you for posting something that was already being deleted twice.

I do care. I don't care the person, cause I probably don't know him/her but I do care about the reason.

I don't want anyone to leave a game quietly, I want them to shout the reason for leaving and I also want to make my own mind if it 's warranted mourning or not.

Every "I'm leaving" post is an indicator to me if I should for example continue to pay for the service these gaming companies do or not.

Hold up, you want to make up your ''own mind''...

but you also want to know the reason why players leave so you can think about paying for another month or not.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Originally posted by darkbamy
    Originally posted by Pelaaja Originally posted by Ouriel To be honest and realistic, no one really cares why you leave.  ... Point being, no one really cares if leave, just make a thread of what makes you think is wrong with the game or just leave the game quietly. End of discussion. They had the right to ban you for posting something that was already being deleted twice.
    I do care. I don't care the person, cause I probably don't know him/her but I do care about the reason. I don't want anyone to leave a game quietly, I want them to shout the reason for leaving and I also want to make my own mind if it 's warranted mourning or not. Every "I'm leaving" post is an indicator to me if I should for example continue to pay for the service these gaming companies do or not.
    Hold up, you want to make up your ''own mind''...

but you also want to know the reason why players leave so you can think about paying for another month or not.

possibly he wants to compare why other folks are not enjoying the game, and see if they are for the same reasons. If that is the case, all he has to do is look at the last 6 months in these forums and they are filled with many reasons why swtor is not a quality game.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

That's how they treat people there. It's not limited to "Good Bye" threads. You can't post anything there unless it's a love letter to EA or as a member of the LGBT community.

Move on and give your money to someone else that doesn't treat you like dirt.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Camaro68Camaro68 Member Posts: 50
    I wish the mods on this site would start booting the trolls.  There's some posters here who have been trolling obsessively for over a year now and everything they say is negative.  For a genre known for it's community you'd think the mods would be more proactive about weeding out the bad apples.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Originally posted by Camaro68
    I wish the mods on this site would start booting the trolls.  There's some posters here who have been trolling obsessively for over a year now and everything they say is negative.  For a genre known for it's community you'd think the mods would be more proactive about weeding out the bad apples.

So basically, you want to censor everyone that doesn't agree with you? Because that is exactly what the definition of "troll" has morphed into. This isn't RL (almost a crime to think differently), this is just a website. Besides, why even come here if everyone is going to "OMG, me too!" each other to death?

Grow some thicker skin, it's just thoughts put into words.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Personally I played SWTOR I advise staying away from games created by BioWare, and EA for the most part if you want a game like Dead Space 3, or another title for example there are free ways to play it Friends, download a Trial of the game, or check YouTube videos do not pay $50 for their crappy titles.

SWTOR is a big let down always has been I am not shocked that their forum moderators would censor posts but I can say that I logged into the SWTOR game and it absolutely sucks feels like world of warcraft add a couple of thousand lines of code do some crappy space combat, or something not much difference to me.

Customization sucks and for a MMO developed in its time I give it a huge thumbs down we need actual people who have brains to lead a MMO in development these days.

Censorship? They can censor their own forum, but without good forum security they cant stop troll posters, and they can't stop search engine querys with bad posts about how bad their game sucks or why a person is leaving so use sites like PasteBin, and other free posting sites post your post multiple times once to each service give it a week or so and Bam your post on top of all search engines including your MMORPG.com posts anyone searching for keywords like or questions about does SWTOR suck, is it a good game you do it correctly it will be the first  post on the search engine, and when censorship happens I generally give them a negative standing for it.

Personally I hope EA goes down the drain I remember the days when titles were somewhat good but EA destroys everything and releases bad games now.

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602

The forums have always been heavily moderated from the start. The amount of moved, deleted threads you get on there is an absolute joke and just further takes away from whatever they have left of that awful community. Sadnly, you should be glad it got deleted, half the replies you'd get would be blind fanboys pointing their self righteous entitlement finger at you saying nobody cares and you're not entitled to anything. 

PS: Submitting feedback when you cancel only works when the people managing the game aren't a bunch of deluded rtards. After the exodus of players giving dirty man birth to the TORtanic, the only feedback EA somehow managed to get from that is that their subscription model is outdated and that people want a free option. Now unless you put "there is not enough p2w cartel market items" as your reason for quitting, you might as well just tell why you quit to a brick wall because EA won't listen.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Official forums are a joke, only shills left so any chance of critical and productive discussion tends to zero.

Just dont bother with SWTOR any more, its pretty certain now that game is "as is" and absolutely nothing will change becuase of skeleton crew game is running on (hint: WHO).

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154
    Originally posted by Senden

The forums have always been heavily moderated from the start. The amount of moved, deleted threads you get on there is an absolute joke and just further takes away from whatever they have left of that awful community. Sadnly, you should be glad it got deleted, half the replies you'd get would be blind fanboys pointing their self righteous entitlement finger at you saying nobody cares and you're not entitled to anything. 

PS: Submitting feedback when you cancel only works when the people managing the game aren't a bunch of deluded rtards. After the exodus of players giving dirty man birth to the TORtanic, the only feedback EA somehow managed to get from that is that their subscription model is outdated and that people want a free option. Now unless you put "there is not enough p2w cartel market items" as your reason for quitting, you might as well just tell why you quit to a brick wall because EA won't listen.

yeah i played swtor for a couple of months and thats what i noticed - the forums were heavily moderated since launch (dec 2011) and almost all new threads being created were players having issues and not being answered =/

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

9/10 do not let you post a so called "good bye" thread as they tend to quickly derail in to garbage filled flame-fests

Same goes for re-opening closed topics (this is usually lumped in under the trolling clause)

So no matter how much you feel you have the right to tell a bunch of people who do not give a penny your feelings on leaving SWToR you were in the wrong here and you decided to resolve it in the most immature way you could (ok actually i can think of a few more immature ways.. but it is not by much). There is (or was at least for me) a fairly detailed survey you had to fill out when closing your account that also give you the option to write further commenst on why you are leaving. This then goes directly to the marketing department so they can evaluate why they lost you as a customer (trust me.. i have worked with handeling stuff like that.. not for BW but still.. It is dead boring but get done any wayt)

So take a bacon-buttie and chill your behind.

This. There are plenty of threads on the official boards to discuss game issues along with a detailed survey when you cancel. "I Quit" threads are nothing more than places for drama queens to vent. They provide nothing of substance and do nothing but push more important threads down. It's trolling and I'm glad they don't last long. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

To be honest and realistic, no one really cares why you leave. Those threads are stupid and utterly ridiculous; you either write a thread, that doesn't have the word "Leaving/quiting" and point out what is wrong with the game, or you just leave without letting everyone know what were the reasons you were leaving.

interesting,,to show your complete lack of interest, you log into a different site, and make a post about

your lack of interest,,thats like making a big protest sign that says: I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY

with swtor  horrible player retention, they really should care about consumer feedback

but they cant,,every post with negative feedback is either swamped by fan replies or deleted by mods

they started so big,,now theyre a F2P niche game, all in less than a year

the sad part is,,this will prolly be the last BIG star wars MMO

atfer those disappointments,,who will sink so many mio in the next version? and competition is even harder now

looks like mmos dont make it really big without the magic of dragons and elves

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

There is a thread for players to post in when they leave SWTOR and if you are an active player and official forum reader then you would know about it. "The unsubscribers thread - tell us a few things" is the name of it  , I was just wondering why you didn't post in there OP ?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=476966&highlight=things

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

you could have posted in the 100 page unsubscribers thread instead, as everyone knows no one likes "I´m leaving threads", it gives a special snowflake impression.

I´m pretty sure Bioware already has a well researched "Top 20 reasons" list why people are leaving

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Originally posted by BadOrb

There is a thread for players to post in when they leave SWTOR and if you are an active player and official forum reader then you would know about it. "The unsubscribers thread - tell us a few things" is the name of it  , I was just wondering why you didn't post in there OP ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.

i wrote in the unsub thread,,they deleted my post

now i cant post on their forums,,,after paying full price for DD version(preorder) and 6 months subs

they want money, but no consumer feedback? try running business like that,,thats why they get so much hate

Originally posted by simplius
    Originally posted by BadOrb

Cheers,

BadOrb.

i wrote in the unsub thread,,they deleted my post

now i cant post on their forums,,,after paying full price for DD version(preorder) and 6 months subs

they want money, but no consumer feedback? try running business like that,,thats why they get so much hate

I don't quite understand your problem. Is it that your sub was running out and then you posted there and it was deleted ? Is that why you can't post no more ? I agree that not letting preferred or F2P people post on the forums is a little odd , the should have had an extra section at least ;/.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.

no they delete a lot of critic posts

i had unsubbed at the time, but there was still over a month left on my sub (3 month plan)

they can ban me from their forums,,but give me a reason for doing it

why do u think , that people, WHO PAYED FOR THE GAME CANT POST ON FORUMS?

they dont want more flame threads

Originally posted by simplius

no they delete a lot of critic posts

i had unsubbed at the time, but there was still over a month left on my sub (3 month plan)

they can ban me from their forums,,but give me a reason for doing it

why do u think , that people, WHO PAYED FOR THE GAME CANT POST ON FORUMS?

they dont want more flame threads

O right , well i had one warning once for complaining that they deleted one of my posts , even though i was the only person in the whole of the first page to actually answer the OP . So i suggested they edit my post next time and yeah they did for a bit after that. Lol at least they listened.

Yeah they should have somewhere for people who bought the game or are F2p or preferred to post really.

Cheers,

Badorb.

yea,,they could have avoided a lot of flak

i know, im only one vote amongst many,,but when i pay, i want to TAKE that vote

i still follow swtor forums,,looks like the downwards spiral is continuing

servers may be full,,that shouldnt be hard with free lightsabers though

their next actions will show if the game is on the right course,,,do they have resources enough to

start actual bughunt and QA ,,or will it be another moneygrab

• ThebigbopperThebigbopper Member Posts: 114

Kind of ironic that someone would complain here of SWTOR forum moderation when anyone who likes SWTOR comes here and reads the dribble, poisoned bullshit that goes on here. These forurms are substandard and it's not the owners of this websites doing but they need to moderate it more.

How can it be productive to read the umpteenth post, from the same people of the same forums spewing venom on a game they don't even play no more. "Just as an example"

I am sure i will get the "i have a right to an opinion: replies but so do i--- The moderation of these forums sucks arse and do nothing good for the mmorpg genre as a whole.

If anyone will get moderated it will be me now but this is a trashy website anyway, i don't give a shit no more.

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by Thebigbopper

Kind of ironic that someone would complain here of SWTOR forum moderation when anyone who likes SWTOR comes here and reads the dribble, poisoned bullshit that goes on here. These forurms are substandard and it's not the owners of this websites doing but they need to moderate it more.

How can it be productive to read the umpteenth post, from the same people of the same forums spewing venom on a game they don't even play no more. "Just as an example"

I am sure i will get the "i have a right to an opinion: replies but so do i--- The moderation of these forums sucks arse and do nothing good for the mmorpg genre as a whole.

If anyone will get moderated it will be me now but this is a trashy website anyway, i don't give a shit no more.

Personally, I'm tired of the "We were stabbed in the back" mentality some seem to have in regard to negative comments about SWTOR.

These forums are far less negative towards SWTOR then SWTOR's own heavily moderated forums. TOR's forums seem to be quite a few people bringing up concerns about the game who are quickly drowned out by the game's defenders shouting about , "A vocal minority", "An organized Butthurt SWG vetran smear campaign", "Paid competitor disinformation", "Subscription paying trolls.", "The game runs fine on my netbook, 200 FPS on fleet.", "Basement dwellers", "WE don't want you here, WoW is --------> that way.", "Can I have your stuff?" etc.

For every hater, there are just as many if not more consistently reposting defenders.

But if it makes you feel vindicated to blame all of SWTOR's woes on 3rd party moderators, by all means continue.

I'm pretty sure staff such as Mike B. have tried to be as fair minded about SWTOR as possible, to the point of granting it quite a bit of leiniency. They seem to have moderated as such. It's just that SWTOR makes it very, very hard to appear so because quite frankly, it seems the majority of people geniunely have many issues with the game and it's creators.

What's more, even worse for SWTOR, most people have, "Stop complaining about the game and move on.", have done just that.

Generally, where there's smoke there's fire.

Of course just my opinion, which runs counter to yours, so you wish the moderators would delete it so as to stop stabbing SWTOR in the back.

-Auf wiedersehen

• ThebigbopperThebigbopper Member Posts: 114

Nothing about being stabbed in the back in my previous comment. These are SWTOR forums but  the comments here are generally non productive.

I think posts that say things for example "EA stole my baby,  this game sucks because i am socially retarded and can;t find a group, this game sucks because there is no large group pvp so i can't hide the fact i suck,  this game sucks because i can't run it on my souped up Commodore 64, this games sucks because they spent a lot of money on it and well that just sucks, this game sucks because it's free but i can't do things that people do when they pay,  this game sucks because i played it over 20 hrs this month and did not get my $15 worth ......  maybe could be moderated.

Exaggeration there but if i went to forums i would like to actually ask questions on the actual game not listen to ex players rant what they don't like. The forums should actually be more for people who enjoy the game to have genuine conversation....... "im my opinion"