Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contact adding with terrible standings?

ChoadSauceChoadSauce Member Posts: 91

So,  I have 2 characters.....1 to which I do all my chatting, mining, missioning etc.....my other character is just back up and support....i dont talk to anyone on this character.....I also don't do any PVP whatsoever. Randomly...on this support character I got added as a contact with terrible standing. I think, wtf? I convo this person and he gives me this automated response

I have been advised by my client to add you as a contact with TERRIBLE standing. Sorry, they wish to remain anonymous. I can assure you that I do not own any kill rights for you at this point.

My job is done, you are now blue

Peace out

Now I'm blue to him.

I'd also like to note this guy is in a militia......i have no idea what just happened lol. Should I be worried?

_The Sauce Man

Comments

• willo248willo248 Member Posts: 346
    Probably not Eve is weird. Just amke sure you haven't told anyone about plans to transport plex or something...
  • BoardwalkerBoardwalker Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by ChoadSauce

Should I be worried?

Nah. It's all talk until he has kill rights against you. His standing toward you does not change the normal rules of engagement.

And it's not EVE that's weird, it's the players that are weird.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
    Play EVE for free for 21 days

• TwistingfateTwistingfate Member Posts: 177
    Youll probably be fine. Just becareful of your mining toon. People will watch in belts for miners and try to gank them. its become less prominent with the mining barge changes but goonswarm is still trying to gank them.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

First off it all talk. If he had kill rights he would be using them. You get kill rights various ways as in looting a ship the just blown up, getting into their can and so on.

However this guy tagged you as somebody he does not like for some reason.

• TwistingfateTwistingfate Member Posts: 177
    Kill right mechanics have changed, from what ive seen you can only get them by podding someone in highsec or lowsec. Stealing items only gives you a suspect flag for 15 mins where anyone in system can attack you.