Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

NVIDIA 's new ArcheAge tech demo

SukiyakiSukiyaki GreenwichPosts: 1,398Member Uncommon

NVIDIA showing off some Tesselation, TXAA and Ambient Occlusion, you've probably seen in some of their screenshot before. Now as a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dub-WRgKQus&hq=1

Comments

• NBlitzNBlitz ZwollePosts: 1,904Member

Well dang...now I will have a good reason to upgrade my system to be able to run everything on max, 30-60 FPS with Tessellation on...(gotta play and love the game for more than 3 months though :p)

Haunting music, I love it. I need to look for the OST, pronto.

• SukiyakiSukiyaki GreenwichPosts: 1,398Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by NBlitz

Well dang...now I will have a good reason to upgrade my system to be able to run everything on max, 30-60 FPS with Tessellation on...(gotta play and love the game for more than 3 months though :p)

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/view/forums/thread/373348/New-videa.html

Originally posted by Sukiyaki

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/view/forums/thread/373348/New-videa.html

The first one in that list too, thanks.

I was already at video 15/24 on someone's OST list of AA >_>

• KhrymsonKhrymson Eorzea, MOPosts: 3,090Member
    Ooh nice, did not know that ArcheAge had Tesselation, now I'm even more interested...
  • SojhinSojhin Tacoma, WAPosts: 213Member
    Looks good. hmmm tastey good.
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Summerville, SCPosts: 412Member Uncommon
    Mother of god that looks so good.

Spiritsever - AR/Ele - The Secret World
    Ashmaker - Ranger < Prophets > - Age of Conan - #1 in Kills
    Sweety - Sorceress < Infinite Darkeness > - SWTOR - 2.6K PvP Rating
    ??? - Pilot - ??? - EVE
    Symir - Swordmaster - Warhammer - RR100
    Dreadnaught - Rogue - Rift
  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Vineland, NJPosts: 869Member
    Both look fantastic.

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon UnkownPosts: 565Member Uncommon
    need new graphics card..
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Auburn, INPosts: 990Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by PsychoPigeon
    need new graphics card..

Yes you do!!! You are the only one posting pics that are making me droooooool and I want to see the game on max settings ;)

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

Fido has a good graphics card..

http://youtu.be/eBukBHrpK7o

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,209Member Uncommon
    This game looks amazing.  I hope this is a sign of things to come.
  • AvanahAvanah Posts: 945Member Uncommon
    Can't wait to see what this will look like on my GTX 670. :-)

TGIF...Thank God I'm Female

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...
    One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

• LlexXLlexX HungaryPosts: 197Member

Steparu has a few gameplay videos with max settings:

ArcheAge Online Queen's Palace Tour Video HD 1080p

ArcheAge Online Questing in the Jungle 1080p Max Settings

And now sorry to disappoint you guys, but as it seems the game is still running on DX9-DX10 (depending on the config), and not yet using the DX11, so you can't yet see the tesselation effect working in AA. Hope they implement it for the western release :)

• KhrymsonKhrymson Eorzea, MOPosts: 3,090Member
    Originally posted by LlexX

Steparu has a few gameplay videos with max settings:

ArcheAge Online Queen's Palace Tour Video HD 1080p

ArcheAge Online Questing in the Jungle 1080p Max Settings

And now sorry to disappoint you guys, but as it seems the game is still running on DX9-DX10 (depending on the config), and not yet using the DX11, so you can't yet see the tesselation effect working in AA. Hope they implement it for the western release :)

Those vids still look nice!   Just happy that I'm ready for it should we ever get an English launch with DX11 & Tessellation. {I have 2x EVGA GTX 680 4GB FTW GPUs in my PC...lol}

• atuerstaratuerstar melbournePosts: 234Member

As to its sandbox systems - we can all agree gameplay makes the game and Archage may or may not deliver. The religious have obviously begun to worship their new prophet with an unsettling zeal.

When it comes to graphics, animations, effects, style and setting archage has already dropped off my radar as a behind the times generic asian fantasy...the controversial Secret World is already doing all of these things so much better. Of course the time between now and release could see some revolutionary changes but lets be honest - weve never seen those revolutionary changes any other time. By the time this is released the game im supporting may well have a competitive level of sand in its own box.

Ill stick with what I have rather than become a flagellant for this lacklustre coming saviour.

Originally posted by atuerstar

As to its sandbox systems - we can all agree gameplay makes the game and Archage may or may not deliver. The religious have obviously begun to worship their new prophet with an unsettling zeal.

When it comes to graphics, animations, effects, style and setting archage has already dropped off my radar as a behind the times generic asian fantasy...the controversial Secret World is already doing all of these things so much better. Of course the time between now and release could see some revolutionary changes but lets be honest - weve never seen those revolutionary changes any other time. By the time this is released the game im supporting may well have a competitive level of sand in its own box.

Ill stick with what I have rather than become a flagellant for this lacklustre coming saviour.

What an uneducated opinion

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Vineland, NJPosts: 869Member
    Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

What an uneducated opinion

agreed.

• RimmersmanRimmersman MonacoPosts: 885Member

Yeah you stick with TSW, games coming from Asia seem to bring out the worst in you.

ArcheAge and Age Of Wushu seem to get you all fired up. I wonder if i go back further in your post history whether you will have the same scorne for Tera, Aion, FFXI, XIV and any game coming from those shores.

I think they will, i could never guess why though.

Oh and i actually like TSW, glad i didn't come across you though.

• CrynswindCrynswind buenos airesPosts: 290Member

atuerstar, Funcom is too busy trying to salvage what's left of one of the biggest failures in recent mmo history.

TSW will NEVER have "sand" on it's damaged box, the game was built to be an instanced single player quest grinder with optional co-op.

So yeah...  enjoy your wow clone while we wait for a real MMO, enjoy it while it lasts, it doesn't look good.

As to its sandbox systems - we can all agree gameplay makes the game and Archage may or may not deliver.

As is the case with every other game ever made and in production at the moment.

The religious have obviously begun to worship their new prophet with an unsettling zeal.

It's but a handful of excited gamers. Nothing unsettling to see here.

When it comes to graphics, animations, effects, style and setting archage has already dropped off my radar as a behind the times generic asian fantasy...

What hasn't been done to death nowadays? (--->) Triple A (<---) sandbox/themepark hybrid games with awesomeballs graphics and quality.

the controversial Secret World is already doing all of these things so much better.

Controversial as in what? That it pretty much flopped and it's a miracle the company hasn't gone under yet? That it's a niche of a niche title?

Of course the time between now and release could see some revolutionary changes but lets be honest - weve never seen those revolutionary changes any other time.

Huh? People (the few I see) are excited about a couple of features. Nothing more, nothing less. No-one's waiting on any kind of "revolution" to what's in the game now.

By the time this is released the game im supporting may well have a competitive level of sand in its own box.

By Funcom? Okay, hold your breath starting...now! ;-)

Lacklustre? Subjective.

Is 'flagellant' even in the proper context here? What do you mean precisely? >_> I see no-one whipping themselves over this title.

You were free to pass on over this thread. As you were free to post a comment knowing full well you'd get a response. Here, have some attention ;-)

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Minneapolis, MNPosts: 532Member

Lacklustre? Subjective.

Is 'flagellant' even in the proper context here? What do you mean precisely? >_> I see no-one whipping themselves over this title.

You were free to pass on over this thread. As you were free to post a comment knowing full well you'd get a response. Here, have some attention ;-)

Sadly yes he used flagellant properly, as in one who whips themselves in an ecstatic religious fervor.

Other than that, mis-guided and incorrect on most every point.

OK then, AA doesn't suit his tastes, fine then. He needn't come just to be a underinformed nay-sayer. His most telling remark was the 'asisn' comment, just a bias he's not willing to even try to overcome. 

As far as I can see, even the dx9 version is superior to most all existing MMO fare. Upgrading it to dx11 looks to be bringing it on a par with the best out today.

• coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon

The game looks great.

Btw I suggest you guys do not waste your time on that TSW person. It was most likely a troll post anyway. The closer to the launch the game gets, the more of these posts will be here. If you try to deal with them all, you wont have much free time left. It makes sense to discuss with someone who attempts at constructive criticism, but this...

Waiting for L2 EU Classic