Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't waste your money on this game

Well I resubscribed several weeks ago; I saw the $9.99 for new accounts(but couldn't reactivate my old account for that price) and decided to start playing again.

I guess the bottom line is that the company doesn't have anyone left who actually knows how to work on the code of the game.

-Game statistics no longer work, and to fix them they'll have to subcontract or something
-Multicrewing(two people in the same vehicle) is still broken and they don't know when it's going to be fixed. It's actually an exploit that's becoming a problem as players use the heavy lag to their advantage.
-Any new content is on permanent hiatus until they get a coder, and everyone is just supposed to upgrade their subscription so CRS can afford to hire someone

There's still a small remnant of the community, and a few good players left but it's very difficult to find a battle larger than 50 people. The last really big battle I participated in there was almost a two minute wait time before you were allowed to spawn(something they're not going change either). CRS is pushing a big community advertising effort but everything players suggest is shot down as not possible/too much work involved. It's apparently beyond the developers to spend some time making a few new videos and post them on youtube...

RAPID ASSAULT:
I don't know if anyone on mmorpg donated to this game but just FYI I tried asking in their forums about CRS's other project(the one they had the failed kickstarter for), Rapid Assault, and over several days I received some non-answers from a few players but no actual response from CRS. The beta servers are down so if you get an error when trying to log on it's not your computer/client at fault.

In light of their previous history I guess it was bad business sense to pay $30 and support the project, and there are probably a few old veterans saying "I told you so" but it's still disappointing.

Comments

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156

With all the same bugs in the game for almost  2 years now it's not even worth playing for free, as evident by the empty server population.  

If it was like it was Back In The Day I would have no problem paying $29.99 plus another $29.99 for my tow account.

They are just that dense.   

• ian77ian77 Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by depot12

With all the same bugs in the game for almost  2 years

Well they got rid of the "engine start up" bug, and as a tanker that really pleased me!

Game is not perfect, but it is still full of depth, and a heck of a challange... and you dont have to pay for it, you can play for free, what have you got to lose?

Ian

• wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89

That's not even close to enough man! He wants this game we love to play to fold, that much is clear, just read through his posts and it's clear what he wants. There's no reasoning to be done, no points to raise. He's mad at the devs but takes it out on you and I , nice guy!

Thank you depot!you're  awesome buddy!! love ya!

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183
    Originally posted by ian77

Well they got rid of the "engine start up" bug, and as a tanker that really pleased me!

Game is not perfect, but it is still full of depth, and a heck of a challange... and you dont have to pay for it, you can play for free, what have you got to lose?

Ian

The problem is that the "free to play" option is extremely limited; you can't even spawn a truck. In my opinion they should just call it an unlimited free trial. True F2P games permit the player to experience at least the basic functions of the game, and in a case like Planetside 2 a free player can do just about everything. 

They did fix a few longtime bugs over the years(Me109s don't sink through airfields anymore), but they introduced a lot with version 1.34. Some of them are close to game-breaking and they don't have any coders left to fix them.

• Company0Company0 Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by david06

Ian

The problem is that the "free to play" option is extremely limited; you can't even spawn a truck. In my opinion they should just call it an unlimited free trial. True F2P games permit the player to experience at least the basic functions of the game, and in a case like Planetside 2 a free player can do just about everything. 

They did fix a few longtime bugs over the years(Me109s don't sink through airfields anymore), but they introduced a lot with version 1.34. Some of them are close to game-breaking and they don't have any coders left to fix them.

Boy, been a while since I was on these forums. Good to know your all still trying to drive the game into a ditch.

Trucking honestly isn't a key part of a free players experience. On the other hand, having access to 8 different infantry weapons, 15 different models of tanks including things like the Matilda and the Stug, 11 unique plane models each with unique flight models and 6 different types of anti tank and anti air weapons, along with paratrooper riflemen certainly is a very good sampling of things to expect with a game.

On your Planetside 2 remark, they also have a credit/cash shop. I'd LOVE to see the response on these forums if they implemented something like that. The collective knee-jerk over here might send egos into the atmosphere. Planetside 2 also has no supply levels on troops and infinite tanks/planes assuming you have the resources. Is that something else that should be implemented in WWIIOl BE in your opinion?
  • rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Company0
    Originally posted by david06

Ian

Boy, been a while since I was on these forums. Good to know your all still trying to drive the game into a ditch. Trucking honestly isn't a key part of a free players experience. On the other hand, having access to 8 different infantry weapons, 15 different models of tanks including things like the Matilda and the Stug, 11 unique plane models each with unique flight models and 6 different types of anti tank and anti air weapons, along with paratrooper riflemen certainly is a very good sampling of things to expect with a game. On your Planetside 2 remark, they also have a credit/cash shop. I'd LOVE to see the response on these forums if they implemented something like that. The collective knee-jerk over here might send egos into the atmosphere. Planetside 2 also has no supply levels on troops and infinite tanks/planes assuming you have the resources. Is that something else that should be implemented in WWIIOl BE in your opinion?

You know what ww2online needs to implement?  Players.  But as we have seen, people are not interested in the game as it is now.  So what needs to change?

Don't know when you last played, but player numbers are slowly (but steadily) rising. Just taking time, which is fine by me. It's better then the game dying a painful death. Are they the numbers of the heyday, no, but they're rebuilding.
    Don't know when you last played, but player numbers are slowly (but steadily) rising. Just taking time, which is fine by me. It's better then the game dying a painful death. Are they the numbers of the heyday, no, but they're rebuilding.

I've played it all last fall.  There was a surge right when the F2P first started and then it dropped back down again.  Anyone can join for free, log in and count the people actually playing.

rebuilding...lol

Your going to make me reinstall just so I can post the player population aren't you!

Originally posted by rendus

I've played it all last fall.  There was a surge right when the F2P first started and then it dropped back down again.  Anyone can join for free, log in and count the people actually playing.

rebuilding...lol

Your going to make me reinstall just so I can post the player population aren't you!

If that's what you feel you need to do to keep playing curb stomp the game into the ground, feel free. Still an opinion, in one timezone. Just as mine is.

rebuilding...lol

If that's what you feel you need to do to keep playing curb stomp the game into the ground, feel free. Still an opinion, in one timezone. Just as mine is.

player population isn't opinion  One AO and one DO right now.  Axis is overpop.  47 axis vs 28 allies fighting over brussels.  massive

rebuilding...lol

player population isn't opinion

So, you'll be willing to do a scientific count over about a month in each timezone to get a count? Any one off count won't really represent the population unless you space it correctly.

rebuilding...lol

player population isn't opinion

So, you'll be willing to do a scientific count over about a month in each timezone to get a count? Any one off count won't really represent the population unless you space it correctly.

Why do I need to do that?  All I need to see is how many people are playing when I normally like to play.  If there are less people to interact with than your average full BF3 map, why bother.  I'm not even going to try and compare it to PS2 which is absolutely flooded with people.

Because the population can change in x timezone from day to day. One day there might be 5 AO's, one day 3 and another 2. How can you represent that the population of the game is y to every other player in the world when your only counting those in your period of play for a period of time?

A second note, asking this honestly. Not angrily etc. Your post in the other thread shows that having a conversation with you about things is worth it, vs just having to deal with hate, anger and virtol. Of course, I admit my perspective is skewed.
    Because the population can change in x timezone from day to day. One day there might be 5 AO's, one day 3 and another 2. How can you represent that the population of the game is y to every other player in the world when your only counting those in your period of play for a period of time? A second note, asking this honestly. Not angrily etc. Your post in the other thread shows that having a conversation with you about things is worth it, vs just having to deal with hate, anger and virtol. Of course, I admit my perspective is skewed.

Population is low across all time zones, some more some less.  Weekends are usually higher pop, weeknights less so.  (that's for the US timezones, God help you if you're in TZ3).  If it wasn't so CRS wouldn't be working on greenlights, subscription drives, etc etc.  

You contend the population is slowly rising.  Maybe it is, but it's still too low for me during the US timezones.  Yes, the game has alot of quirks and bugs but if you have enough people, the experience transcends those issues.  That's why we loved the game back in the beginning.  

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

Rendus said:

You know what ww2online needs to implement?  Players.  But as we have seen, people are not interested in the game as it is now.  So what needs to change?

It's kind of hard to get more players when people of your sort go out of there way and invest so much time on knocking the game.

See, thats why we are here.

We arent CRS employees, we don't make a dime from the game.

We can prove to others how a game can mean so much to some that they have become obsessed in hating a game.

You started your PC up, loaded the game, logged into both sides,counted all the players on each side,then came here and posted about it.

Lot of time invested to prove a point to other people no?

Originally posted by pittpete

Rendus said:

It's kind of hard to get more players when people of your sort go out of there way and invest so much time on knocking the game.

See, thats why we are here.

We arent CRS employees, we don't make a dime from the game.

We can prove to others how a game can mean so much to some that they have become obsessed in hating a game.

You started your PC up, loaded the game, logged into both sides,counted all the players on each side,then came here and posted about it.

Lot of time invested to prove a point to other people no?

15 to 20 minutes is alot of time?  You should be happy I reinstalled, I'll actually play it again for awhile and you'll have another target to shoot.  See, you guys come in here and mistake me for one of the harsher critics.  Unlike some, I actually subscribe from time to time and enjoy myself for short stints.  Of course, I'll always be just baggage to XOOM  :sad:

• OtotheJOtotheJ Member Posts: 52

Sup pete. Welcome to our forum

The game needs to fold and everything we can do to further discourage players from feeding this ruined game gets a day closer.  They took a great game and completely destroyed it with bad idea after bad idea.  They should no longer be in business because they are well past understanding even the basics that made the game worth playing.  We all know this :)

If your looking for a boxed shooter with 50 players, 2002 graphics and a terrible set of game mechanics that undermine players at every step...you have found it in this POS.

In the end the players/squads were right and we did win.  We all left :)

Whats up OJ

Wish we could rewind 5+ years.

Man were those some fun days bro.

Yes, they did ruin an unbelievably great FN game by listening to the whiners.

I think they know it now, but it is what it is.

I'd have to disagree OJ and say there are still moments to be had with the right squad.

The bunker rushes still bring back some of the adrenaline surges I used to feel back in the day.

There is nothing else in the WWII genre like it so until than I have to play WWII Online.

I have no urge to play lasertag, slay orcs, shoot zombies, bunnyhop with my son and his friends or build space empires.

Heroes and Generals I was banking on, but have you seen it lately?

Maybe this was the wakeup call CRS/Playnet needed.

Hopefully they take a step in the right direction.

If they don't, I unsub and spend more time sleeping at night....LOL

• OtotheJOtotheJ Member Posts: 52

Brother pete

When the game stopped players from joining friends and playing the game the way they would like to, you can also plan to stop taking their money.  If that kind of anti fun atmosphere doesnt chase most of the playerbase away, you can always throw in an arcade supply system and spend all your resources on more bad ideas like RALOL.  Practice this type of dev for 5+ years wondering why people keep leaving to find yourself with 2 employees left, no dev, no players and to the point that you cant even do the game stats right for 200 people lmao

Rendus, as I said before, my opinion of you is that you'll be honest and at least respect the fact that we can have differing opinions, as such I'll return the same respect to you in that regards.

OJ, I coulda sworn the stats server was working... and they even made a front page post on it. Musta been dreaming.

• DenizzjeDenizzje Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by OtotheJ

Sup pete. Welcome to our forum

The game needs to fold and everything we can do to further discourage players from feeding this ruined game gets a day closer.  They took a great game and completely destroyed it with bad idea after bad idea.  They should no longer be in business because they are well past understanding even the basics that made the game worth playing.  We all know this :)

If your looking for a boxed shooter with 50 players, 2002 graphics and a terrible set of game mechanics that undermine players at every step...you have found it in this POS.

In the end the players/squads were right and we did win.  We all left :)

I have the same question for you too.... why is it that because YOU do not like the game anymore, nobody else should.... I am sorry but I really really do not get it. You seem to be a long time player, and I know many promises were made especially during the early era. You have just seen enough of the game, well thats perfectly fine. But why try to ruin it for us who still enjoy the game and hope to see more people in. I also long for the days when I began (2007), with so much going on despite my computer not being able to handle it properly. I hope to see those again. For me this is the only game in its sorts. Like I said somewhere else, there is Heroes and Generals, it got the graphics. And thats it. I do not like it all. I prefer BGE waaaay over the brand new H&G for now. :)

Deniz, thats because misery loves company.

Many people in the WWII community despise OJ.

I for one happen to think he is a great guy,with great ideas and wished he was in charge instead of DOC.

OJ, the stats are back up.

If it dies it dies, why help plunge the knife deeper?

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183
    I gave the game another try, relayed my experiences in game and with the company, and I gave my opinion on their F2P option. I did so from the perspective of a multi-year subscriber who has donated money to support them recently and in the past.

If that is too harsh, or beyond the pale then I don't know what to tell you guys.

I gave the game another try, relayed my experiences in game and with the company, and I gave my opinion on their F2P option

Care to share?

I always give them my opinions but I've come to the conclusion that a lot of stuff I want in game just can't be done.

I wish an independent millionaire would come in take over and make it the game we deserve.

• Karu403Karu403 Member Posts: 48

haters love to hate, all games have them.

to see how good a game truly is, you have to look and see how much the haters spam forums. i mean, a game that is worthless, the haters post hate comments and then go away relativly quick.

when a game is awesome, the haters will continue to hate for years on end trying to make the game fail.

from what ive seen, World War II Online: Battleground Europe has some hardcore haters in this forum, which signifies the true awesomeness that is Battleground Europe.

This discussion has been closed.