Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I ran into that mmorpg guy that loves to irritate you in games, at a Gamestop today.

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• jelliuzjelliuz Member UncommonPosts: 97

IF this is a true story, some people are missing the point here.

It's not about the games, it's about a gang of youngsters who were clearly trying to get into something, bullying, joking, 

If you read the story, it says the youngsters STARTED to engage when he was outside, would you all just act like jesus christ and turn your cheek the other way ? I sure wouldn't. If someone charges me, I hit him in the face. Its the law of the strongest.

Doesn't matter what you use, you don't let yourself get beat up, just like that, that's a plain dumb idea.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

If this were true and it is not. He could get away with it because they did it in front of his son. He would probably still catch a weapons charge though since he used brass knuckles. Funny though if someone rushes you with your child where I live you can put a bullet in his head.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Pics or it didnt happen...

• bunzagabunzaga Member UncommonPosts: 36

I always try to be as respectful as I can.  I treat others how I would like to be treated, and I believe in equality regarding faith, skin color, and gender.  I have experienced the ridicule of immature gamers, who feel the need to stoop to name calling, such as 'key turner', 'skill clicker', use the terms 'u mad?', 'bra', 'kid', etc.  Coming from the 'old school' mmos such as UO and DAoC, I was SHOCKED.

At first, I thought I could reason with these people, but it turns out the more you talk to them, the more they act ignorant.

The best thing to do, is let your actions speak louder than their meaningless chat.  By responding to them, you are feeding their fuel to belittle others.  They get some kind of sick enjoyment out of harassing other people, and the only real way to fight back, is ignoring them completely.

That is one thing I liked about SWTOR.  If some mouthy ass hat felt the need to give me problems, I would put them on ignore. It was all fun and games, until we were in a WZ or on Ilum, and they realized there was a problem with communication.  Several people had to ask others to pass along a message for me to un-ignore them.

In any case, I think forum trolls and gamer predators like this are the lowest form of humanity.  I also think people who correct in game or forum mis-spells or sentence composition are about as low.  If I want to say your instead of you're, then let me do it and stfu.  It is a game, not a fkn resume.

I digress.

I don't think the story of the OP transpired in the way in which he presented it.  Perhaps some people laughed at him, because it was he who was reading the strategy guide, so he felt the need to defend his WoW addiction.  He probably made a scene, and the police were called and slapped a disorderly conduct ticket on him.  In any case, coming here to brag about it to a bunch of random strangers, doesn't really improve your reputation.  Good luck with anger management.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    hmmm, look at the OPs location in his profile now look at the first news story here  http://stclairshores.patch.com/articles/police-blotter-brass-knuckles-discovered-at-fair ....was somebody playing with dads brass knuckles, maybe? lol

Dispute Between Brothers...

Why wasn't the father in there choking them both?

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    I don't get this topic.
  • huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354

Let's hope people realise his story was pure fantasy, but if not.......

Nobody is going to read this post but here goes:

The fact that he says this happened "today" and he is here talking about it is all you need to read before knowing that it is false. A grown man assaults another with a deadly weapon while his child is present is NOT GOING TO BE RELEASED before arraignment.

1) Assault with a dangerous weapon Michigan Criminal Law Statute  750.82 / Assault with intent to cause great bodily harm MCL 750.84

2) Michigan Criminal Law Statutes 750.225 and 750.226 Possessing a dangerous weapon with unlawful intent and Carrying a concealed weapon(only legal in your home, on your land or place of business).

3) Child endangerment- Third degree MCL 750.136b

Three FELONY charges and a misdemeanor with a mandatory jail sentence means this is BS, not to mention there is no media coverage about this story which involves video games and violence.

A first offense for child endangerment is a misdemeanor. Fines are $200.00 to $1,000.00 plus court costs and:

5 days to 1 year imprisonment with not less than 48 hours of this imprisonment served consecutively, and/or, community service for not less than 30 days or more than 90 days.

The others carry a combined sentence of up to 24 years and fines are from the minimum $7000 to a maximum of up to $30,000. Not to mention the civil suit that will now entitle the "brazier" to your ipod mount equipped F150 in addition to your other truck and all of your beer battered fish. I also imagine you might lose your "old lady" during this stressful time.

:)

Originally posted by BizkitNL
    I don't get this topic.

It's MMORPG.com fan fiction.

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

I took my son to Gamestop today to get him a new WiiU controller.

I dont like the WiiU but he needed a extra controller.

While I was their my 7 yearold was looking at a Pandaria strat guide. This guy probably around 20-25 (Ill know soon enough when I go to court) comes up to us and says "Hey bra? People still play Wow?"  I said "Yea brazier , alot of people do".

For the next few minutes I can see and hear him and his friends laughing at me and my son. So I did what any real man would do, I approached them.

I told them I drive a truck , I eat beer batterd fish , I hunt , I own two trucks , I call my wife my old lady , and I have a pair of brass knuckles in my glove compartment and if you bra's want to follow me outside we can settle this.

They laughed and walked away.

We bought the WiiU controller and the game stop worker told me these guys heckle customers alot about the games they play , he thanked me for standing up to them and said we need more real men in this world like me.

As we were walking to my ford F150 truck with Ipod 5 mount installed I noticed the three youths were following us.

I turned around and yelled "Bring it braziers!" one of the bra's charged at me , I told my son to get in the F150.

I grabbed my brass knuckles and proceeded to give him a beatdown with my brawney arms ,there were skittles flying everywere as i reigned down heavy blows on his skull. The rest of his friends went running away.

I stopped beating him for a second and told him he had a choice , he could apologize for spamming nonsence in online games or he could die.

He apologized and I was later arrested.

Sometimes in life you have to stand up for yourself and fellow gamers. Sometimes you have to tolerate immature kids in games , some like to talk about Roseanne Arnolds ass , some want all your stuff and some ninja your loot. But sometimes you find that person in a store or a mall and then its go time.

Thats my cool story bra.

Great job on making your game look even more worse than it already did. When people say that the Borecraft community is the worst in MMO history, they are not kidding. I hope you rot in jail at your hearing. Had it been my kid that you touched for such a moronic reason, I think it'd be you that would be apologizing for your serious lack of judgement. You need a serious lesson in what it is to be an "Adult", and you are hardly a "real" man for doing such an act in front of your son over pettiness.

When you're rotting away in jail, maybe they will get you a therapist. Clearly you need it with your obsession and violence for an online video game.

P.S- If anything, you are a disgrace to gamers and online gamers.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

While I was their my 7 yearold was looking at a Pandaria strat guide. This guy probably around 20-25 (Ill know soon enough when I go to court) comes up to us and says "Hey bra? People still play Wow?"  I said "Yea brazier , alot of people do".

For the next few minutes I can see and hear him and his friends laughing at me and my son. So I did what any real man would do, I approached them.

I told them I drive a truck , I eat beer batterd fish , I hunt , I own two trucks , I call my wife my old lady , and I have a pair of brass knuckles in my glove compartment and if you bra's want to follow me outside we can settle this.

We bought the WiiU controller and the game stop worker told me these guys heckle customers alot about the games they play , he thanked me for standing up to them and said we need more real men in this world like me.

As we were walking to my ford F150 truck with Ipod 5 mount installed I noticed the three youths were following us.

I turned around and yelled "Bring it braziers!" one of the bra's charged at me , I told my son to get in the F150.

I grabbed my brass knuckles and proceeded to give him a beatdown with my brawney arms ,there were skittles flying everywere as i reigned down heavy blows on his skull. The rest of his friends went running away.

I stopped beating him for a second and told him he had a choice , he could apologize for spamming nonsence in online games or he could die.

Sometimes in life you have to stand up for yourself and fellow gamers. Sometimes you have to tolerate immature kids in games , some like to talk about Roseanne Arnolds ass , some want all your stuff and some ninja your loot. But sometimes you find that person in a store or a mall and then its go time.

Thats my cool story bra.

I don't think your story is very cool bra. You would have killed that guy, basically because the guy thinks WoW is old hat? You got arrested and will have to appear in court on criminal charges and you're proud of it? What kind of an example are you setting for your son?

It was all cool up until the time you told them to step outside. I can't imagine a brawny trucker with brass knuckles beating up some guy being a lot cooler than that same guy beating up your seven year old. There is just nothing to justify the violence, this just puts WoW in bad daylight, again. Next thing you know they'll be asking to shut down WoW because of senseless violence such as this.

You didn't do anyone any favors by assaulting that guy, and I really doubt the judge will find your actions very cool either bra.

imageimage
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

I made an account just to respond to this garabage.

This post reads like a trashy sex story, but replace sex with an unbelievable altercation between some of the lamest, goofiest  people to ever breath air.

OP, your sons daddy is a bad story teller and he should be ashamed of him.

Why is this even visible on the front of mmorpg.com?

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

im confused! is this a serious thread or a tasteless joke? and whats with the calling everone "bra".  Am i just being old and untrendy at being confused by this whole thing!?

however if this is all true and you are bragging about beating a guy with knuckle dusters then wtf dude! it isnt something to be proud of no matter how deserving you think the other guy is.

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by Razperil

Thats my cool story bra.

Great job on making your game look even more worse than it already did. When people say that the Borecraft community is the worst in MMO history, they are not kidding. I hope you rot in jail at your hearing. Had it been my kid that you touched for such a moronic reason, I think it'd be you that would be apologizing for your serious lack of judgement. You need a serious lesson in what it is to be an "Adult", and you are hardly a "real" man for doing such an act in front of your son over pettiness.

When you're rotting away in jail, maybe they will get you a therapist. Clearly you need it with your obsession and violence for an online video game.

P.S- If anything, you are a disgrace to gamers and online gamers.

It might only be a "story" made up, however, this kind of thing "does" happen unfortunately. I replied towards it being an actual possibilty that has happened quite a few times aleady.

Games used to be for enjoyment.. Now they are played for other reasons and it does not seem to be good ones either.  I'll stick with my consoles ( in offline mode). :)

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    I didn't even care about the OP's story. I just hate GameStop. :)
    Originally posted by Flesaur

This reminds me of the time I went to pick up my wife from her Christmas Party, which was taken over by international terrorists.  Luckily I'm a cop and I managed to save everyone and kill the bad guys.  The bit were I had no shoes and had to walk over broken glass was a pain though.

All the best.

John M

lol ^

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by plescure

im confused! is this a serious thread or a tasteless joke? and whats with the calling everone "bra".  Am i just being old and untrendy at being confused by this whole thing!?

however if this is all true and you are bragging about beating a guy with knuckle dusters then wtf dude! it isnt something to be proud of no matter how deserving you think the other guy is.

It's a serious tasteless joke..-_-

And yes ye are untrendy, bra! Everybody knows brassier and bra are synonyms for bro! You been living in a cave, bra?

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

Originally posted by Reskaillev
    Originally posted by plescure

It's a serious tasteless joke..-_-

And yes ye are untrendy, bra! Everybody knows brassier and bra are synonyms for bro! You been living in a cave, bra?

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

i now need to go tidy up my cave :)

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

Working Gamestop and WoW in was pure genius. No troll attempt is complete without at least one, there's just too many posters who can't let a chance to bash either go by -- because, you know, even if true one person's actions are, as so many have mindlessly suggested in this very thread, representative of a 10+ million person playerbase, and no one could possibly be shopping at a store whose chain pulls in hundreds of millions a year.

Just a suggestion, OP, next time work EA in as well. A trifecta like that will get them going for weeks.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

No, not buying this story either. "Brawney arms" lol

And I thought bra was the thing women are wearing to support their boobs.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I know what this topic needs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0-rVYuOgc0

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Razperil

It might only be a "story" made up, however, this kind of thing "does" happen unfortunately.)

Only on the Spike channel. And bars south of the mason-dixon. Step away from American TV for a while.

Whole thread most reminds me of these guys:

6-supposed-action-heroes-you-could-probably-take-in-fight.html

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• VandragoVandrago Member UncommonPosts: 230
    I'm amazed at how many people think this is real.. Real men wouldnt waste skittles like that.

This discussion has been closed.