Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I ran into that mmorpg guy that loves to irritate you in games, at a Gamestop today.

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Sad thing is people have had their teeth smahed in for less...

This have been a good conversation

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

I doubt this is real, but if it is... being a "real man" equals being a immature moron? Who threatens to beat someone down just because they laughed at you/your son? You sound like you have anger issues, man. You also sound like the type of person that threatens others online... you know the "oh yeah? well come say that to my face, I'll have you know I can bench press a pregnant elephant, brah!" type.

But again, this is probably a joke of some kind. I call Poe's law on this.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by dinams
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

I am pretty sure now that sarcasm and satire is something completely lost on majority of mmorpg.com users. 

*shakes head*.

Doubtful

I think most just think it is remarkably unfunny and simply lame.

It is lame if you are unable to see that he is making fun of stereotypes that are often  attached to those who play video games. As well as concept of online bullying and in game threats that sometime extend to real life. 

However, if you read 8 pages you would realise that majority is caling OP's story as 'bullshit' and 'unbelievable' ..rofl!!

Man, I think you are overstimating OP intentions

Its like looking at a 4 chan post and trying to see implicit critic

No i believe he got exact reactions he was hoping for. ;)

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• Saur0nSaur0n Member UncommonPosts: 114
    LoL What a BS story.   Ah the mind of the modern skinny 15 year old...There are so many holes in this story I don't even know where to start.   What a poser...
  • Gymrat313Gymrat313 Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Finally a defender for the little people arises!  I have been a victim of Gamestop's tyranny for to long...so what if I am 35 years old, overweight and wear bi-focals. If I want to play the newest Poke'mon or JRPG...so be it, it is what makes me happy! I don't need the arrogant, narcisstic Gamestop employees looking down their noses at me any longer. I am going to go into Gamestop and give them a piece of my mind when I pick up the strategy guide for Poke'mon 2 black/white today.
  • EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Can't say I believe this story but even if it is true................over WoW? Really?
  • TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

It doesn't matter whether the story is true enough, the fact that people even think about making these statements or playing out these scenarios is wrong enough.

Besides, who goes into gamestop stores anymore? I order what I need online (cheaper) and get it within days (Amazon Prime FTW).

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

Lets pretend for a moment this is true: Is this what wow players are like? Glad I never signed up for that then, i'd be beating up kids eatin skittles every day :P

But I will stop pretending now. I might think it was a little more truthful if YOU got beat up, and the guy was a bum on the corner with 1 arm.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

As we were walking to my ford F150 truck with Ipod 5 mount installed......

Bra why would anyone of us give a flying shit about an ipod installed in your truck?

• ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263

As we were walking to my ford F150 truck with Ipod 5 mount installed I noticed the three youths were following us.I turned around and yelled "Bring it braziers!" one of the bra's charged at me , I told my son to get in the F150.

- Three guys vs one
    - Have kid to protect (can't run)
    - One charging in for a fight (can't talk out of situation)

I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with WoW or w/e. I'd try to beat the shiet out of the guy as well, to make other two too scared to join in.

Cheers.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,177
    Originally posted by Dantae87
    you sir r a real man! Good for you to stand up agians these punks that infest our world. I too have a son and if i seen/heard anyone making fun of him or anything they would get a baseball bat to the head. When anythign taht involves my son i dont give 2 shits what happens to me as long as i can punish thouse who try to hurt him.  This is why i always carry a bat in my vehicles :p

A) Having your father in prison and seeing him killing/beating someone up 

B) Someone makes fun of the game he enjoys playing

You go ahead and pick the one you think is more harmfull for you kid

Originally posted by Bumer/goga

- Three guys vs one

- Have kid to protect (can't run)

- One charging in for a fight (can't talk out of situation)

I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with WoW or w/e. I'd try to beat the shiet out of the guy as well, to make other two too scared to join in.

Cheers.

At that point you clearly have no choice and indeed taking on the "leader" of such group alone instead of all three is the best way to go.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    This story is just as true as the time I went to a club here in town with some female coworkers and ended up in a three way with two of them in an SUV out in the parkinglot.  What was weird about it is both of them were attractive.  I was drunk but yeah, I've actually seen them at work since and can confirm they are both still beautiful without the beer goggles on.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Holy crap. And I thought this was one thread surely satirical enough that nobody would take it as a real thing.

Oh boy....

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

I took my son to Gamestop today to get him a new WiiU controller.

I dont like the WiiU but he needed a extra controller.

While I was their my 7 yearold was looking at a Pandaria strat guide. This guy probably around 20-25 (Ill know soon enough when I go to court) comes up to us and says "Hey bra? People still play Wow?"  I said "Yea brazier , alot of people do".

For the next few minutes I can see and hear him and his friends laughing at me and my son. So I did what any real man would do, I approached them.

I told them I drive a truck , I eat beer batterd fish , I hunt , I own two trucks , I call my wife my old lady , and I have a pair of brass knuckles in my glove compartment and if you bra's want to follow me outside we can settle this.

They laughed and walked away.

We bought the WiiU controller and the game stop worker told me these guys heckle customers alot about the games they play , he thanked me for standing up to them and said we need more real men in this world like me.

As we were walking to my ford F150 truck with Ipod 5 mount installed I noticed the three youths were following us.

I turned around and yelled "Bring it braziers!" one of the bra's charged at me , I told my son to get in the F150.

I grabbed my brass knuckles and proceeded to give him a beatdown with my brawney arms ,there were skittles flying everywere as i reigned down heavy blows on his skull. The rest of his friends went running away.

I stopped beating him for a second and told him he had a choice , he could apologize for spamming nonsence in online games or he could die.

He apologized and I was later arrested.

Sometimes in life you have to stand up for yourself and fellow gamers. Sometimes you have to tolerate immature kids in games , some like to talk about Roseanne Arnolds ass , some want all your stuff and some ninja your loot. But sometimes you find that person in a store or a mall and then its go time.

Thats my cool story bra.

You forgot to add," true story bra and then I woke up."

remember it's never really happened unless you add the,"true story bro" to the end.

• FlesaurFlesaur Member Posts: 6

This reminds me of the time I went to pick up my wife from her Christmas Party, which was taken over by international terrorists.  Luckily I'm a cop and I managed to save everyone and kill the bad guys.  The bit were I had no shoes and had to walk over broken glass was a pain though.

All the best.

John M

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

The story would be better if you add this part when you ask your son to get the brass knuckles.

"Looks like it's time to kick as* and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum. Get me my brass knuckles, son."

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Holy crap. And I thought this was one thread surely satirical enough that nobody would take it as a real thing.

Oh boy....

I find it hilarious that some people are questoning the authencity of OP's story. hahaha!!

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034
    Out of all this, I'm amused most by the use of bra and brazier. It won't be long before every noun beginning with B is synonymous with bro.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I enjoyed this fictional rant of a loveless, childless, hyundai accent driving, roll of pennies swinging nerd. Seriously it was funny and I enjoyed your vibrato. :)

Joined - July 2004

• BlackLightzBlackLightz Member UncommonPosts: 17

I took my son to Gamestop today to get him a new WiiU controller.

I dont like the WiiU but he needed a extra controller.

While I was their my 7 yearold was looking at a Pandaria strat guide. This guy probably around 20-25 (Ill know soon enough when I go to court) comes up to us and says "Hey bra? People still play Wow?"  I said "Yea brazier , alot of people do".

For the next few minutes I can see and hear him and his friends laughing at me and my son. So I did what any real man would do, I approached them.

I told them I drive a truck , I eat beer batterd fish , I hunt , I own two trucks , I call my wife my old lady , and I have a pair of brass knuckles in my glove compartment and if you bra's want to follow me outside we can settle this.

They laughed and walked away.

We bought the WiiU controller and the game stop worker told me these guys heckle customers alot about the games they play , he thanked me for standing up to them and said we need more real men in this world like me.

As we were walking to my ford F150 truck with Ipod 5 mount installed I noticed the three youths were following us.

I turned around and yelled "Bring it braziers!" one of the bra's charged at me , I told my son to get in the F150.

I grabbed my brass knuckles and proceeded to give him a beatdown with my brawney arms ,there were skittles flying everywere as i reigned down heavy blows on his skull. The rest of his friends went running away.

I stopped beating him for a second and told him he had a choice , he could apologize for spamming nonsence in online games or he could die.

He apologized and I was later arrested.

Sometimes in life you have to stand up for yourself and fellow gamers. Sometimes you have to tolerate immature kids in games , some like to talk about Roseanne Arnolds ass , some want all your stuff and some ninja your loot. But sometimes you find that person in a store or a mall and then its go time.

Thats my cool story bra.

Haha! From the text I guess you are from the US. The guy should be happy he didnt got shot instead.....

• ObiClownobiObiClownobi Member Posts: 186

You eat fatty foods, you can't afford a proper car and so have to use a working vehicle for transport, you disrespect your partner and show your son that violence is the answer to verbal sparring. 

I think you need work on making your fictional hero cool.

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

LoL - I love the story.  Seriously, those who believed it are dumb..

my favorite part is right at the start

"This guy probably around 20-25 (Ill know soon enough when I go to court)"

LoL...Well played sir!

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Sleep typing is safer than sleep walking. I hope you remember typing this when you wake up.

Seriously though...I enjoyed the story. My favorite part was:

"This guy probably around 20-25 (Ill know soon enough when I go to court)"

• KasterGrailKasterGrail Member Posts: 3
    You beat up kids with brass knucles? Whoa we got a tough guy here.
  • ObiClownobiObiClownobi Member Posts: 186
    Originally posted by Terranah
    This story is just as true as the time I went to a club here in town with some female coworkers and ended up in a three way with two of them in an SUV out in the parkinglot.  What was weird about it is both of them were attractive.  I was drunk but yeah, I've actually seen them at work since and can confirm they are both still beautiful without the beer goggles on.

But was there an iPhone 5 mount installed in the SUV, because that's what make you a real man, not the threesome?

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

This discussion has been closed.