Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We meet again, Earthrise.

2»

Comments

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Originally posted by lizardbones
    Originally posted by theKeos
    Originally posted by erictlewis to bad the account creation screen is bugged.
    Sorry for that, we just noticed, that Google not automatically had SSL url. The account creation should work now.

Well, aren't you the brave one? While forum moderation here has some guidelines, I'm betting they are outside the parameters game developers use for their own forums. :-)

Anyway, you should submit an article or blog post on the game to MMORPG.com (and other sites of course), with the intentions for the game, what players can expect to be different, and what players can expect to not change.

I can say, without a doubt, that my first experience with the game was not great. It was, in fact, pretty horrible. Good ideas and interesting setting, but the implementation was just awful. Everything else aside, can players at least expect the game mechanics to work better than the last go around?

I got no clue of what they have to offer now. The first time around was bad. I been trying to figure out if it is even the same folks, and from what all I found it is. So yea not giving this one the time of the day.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

I would go back if they brought the game to a playable state, one which was never achieved in Earthrises short life...and if they doubled down on the sandbox and reworked combat.

I see none of that happening aside from client stability fixes, though it was such a bad client i cant see it being close to smooth come relaunch.

Also my gut instinct is that rather than doubling down on sandbox they are going to port in quest hubs and linear storylines ect, though if i can remember the origional Earthrise has somewhat of a similair system (hard to remember)

Plus the rumors about SF games being MHS, which is shady and the fact that nothing is being communicated, be it what direction they are going, what they expect the game to launch as, what their goals are longer term ect....for all we know this could end up being a MOBA like LOL or something given all ive seen out of the new company is one screenshot of the UI, something that didnt need reworking (but seems like reskinning the UI is little work but produces a screenshot)

Also the forums look like they have been purged, cleaned, and lacking of any real discussion. Another bad sign.

Im getting a very bad feeling about this game, again....

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Still says this game is a sandbox, but the transition into themepark would be a waste of product. Its already set up as a sandbox, just add some quests and story to help the themepark crowd along. But please dont make the world linear or make crafting a 2nd rate profession.

Never got the chance to try it the first time around. Would like to this time as long as its not gimped to hell.

• ashleymorrowashleymorrow Member Posts: 176
    I'll try it. What have I got to lose?
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Onomas
    Still says this game is a sandbox, but the transition into themepark would be a waste of product. Its already set up as a sandbox, just add some quests and story to help the themepark crowd along. But please dont make the world linear or make crafting a 2nd rate profession.Never got the chance to try it the first time around. Would like to this time as long as its not gimped to hell.

When I played it, the game was very laggy when there were more than 10 people around. If you hit the wrong button, the entire screen turned orange because it wouldn't draw any of the visible objects on the screen. None of the mobs were where you saw them. Sometimes they would slide across the ground to their actual location, but mostly they just hit you and said, "Na na na na" while you aimed blindly at where they might be. PvP was nearly impossible with the lag. There were people I fought who would suddenly not be there, or who would suddenly be many yards away from me. I can't be sure, but they looked just as confused as I did as they wheeled around looking for me. I can't even be sure I killed anyone because I don't know if they died or just got disconnected. The weirdest bug was when my character got stuck in a non-combat state, and I had to run out in the ocean to fix it. That really was the fix and it was known about in general chat. Find the ocean and swim out a ways to be able to engage in combat.

I really don't think the biggest issues with this game are sandbox or theme park mechanics.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• D_TOXD_TOX Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Originally posted by ashleymorrow

Time. And this will waste it. Very shady devs, no marketing, no game direction, no confidence, SF=MHS. It all screams 'incompetent'. 

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by D_TOX
    Originally posted by ashleymorrow

Time. And this will waste it. Very shady devs, no marketing, no game direction, no confidence, SF=MHS. It all screams 'incompetent'. 

100%

Ill download the game only after launch reviews are positive.

Simply the fact that they took out full loot, which is a staple for high adrenilne pve and pvp, but also a significant factor with the need to craft leads me to not want to even try it out when it launches as a F2P.

Top it off with the only proof we have seen that they are developing it was a slight reskin of the GUI, something that didnt need attention, leads me to believe the glairng issues that kept the game dead, and then killed it, are still there.  Mainly one of the worst preforming clients ive ever played, combat that was a mess (both bugged, full of glitches, tons of dsync on every mob, all covering up what was a very stale and boring combat system) and what seemed like a zero development gameplan given what was wrong....cant expand and develop when you spend all your efforts failing to fix the client basically.

Ill leave a shred of hope that SF isnt MHS's 5 man german outfit, and that the game has been siginificantly expanded, fixed, and done with care in the extremely short time its been in their hands.  But...given they have been busy reskinning a GUI that was one of the few functioning systems in game...i dont have much hope.

Also the main forums are devoid of any chatter, and developer communication as to what the hell they are really doing with the game, and what their plans were with the game in any way. Why havent they ever stated what they planned to do with the game?

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file