Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

200$ for Monitor, Hard-drive, DvD player.

dg29031994dg29031994 Cypress, TXPosts: 113Member Uncommon

I have an Old HP PC that i bought back 2010. I Have not use it for like 4 months now after i built my new PC. I took the monitor, the HDD and the DvD player from it. Now i need those 3 to for the old desktop. Please give me a best deal :P

This is not for gaming, this is just for my dad, he need a desktop for surfing internet and read email :D. He does want a good size monitor though :P

Comments

• robgyorgyrobgyorgy wheeling, ILPosts: 105Member
    just go to walmart :P
  • kzaskekzaske Boise, IDPosts: 518Member
    Check your local listing for a computer repair shop.  They should have used parts that you can pick up on the cheap or check with a few of your local gamer friends to see if they have anything they want to sell.

• Dantae87Dantae87 Camloops, ABPosts: 166Member
    i cant go back to anything smaller than a 20"monitor now that i have them....

• GruntyGrunty TexasPosts: 7,063Member Uncommon
    Start with a good monitor($130), a half decent hard drive($50 and a cheap DVD drive ($20). If you have more to spend do it on the monitor.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Fresno, CAPosts: 4,179Member Uncommon

Originally posted by dg29031994
    I have an Old HP PC that i bought back 2010. I Have not use it for like 4 months now after i built my new PC. I took the monitor, the HDD and the DvD player from it. Now i need those 3 to for the old desktop. Please give me a best deal :P

This is not for gaming, this is just for my dad, he need a desktop for surfing internet and read email :D. He does want a good size monitor though :P

If the computer has DVI or HDMI outputs, you may be able to get by with hooking it up to his TV. That would save you a good chunk of change on the monitor. Turn the DPI up a bit (so the text is a bit bigger), and with a wireless keyboard/mouse, it's pretty useable for everyday tasks.

DVD-RW drives are around $20 wholesale (OEM editions that come shipped in bubblewrap).

Hard drives it just depends on how much you want to spend - if it's just for email and surfing the web, you could get by with anything SATA that's big enough to hold the host OS (probably 40G minimum for Windows Vista/7/8, could go much lower with XP or most Linux Distros). I would be wary of used HDs - simply because HDs do not age gracefully, although if you can pick one up for free I wouldn't turn it down. New 5400rpm drives start at around $50, while you can get Refurbs for around $20. A 32G SSD can be found for around $40 (although you would be tight for space with WinVista/7/8)