Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

200$ for Monitor, Hard-drive, DvD player.

dg29031994dg29031994 Member UncommonPosts: 135

I have an Old HP PC that i bought back 2010. I Have not use it for like 4 months now after i built my new PC. I took the monitor, the HDD and the DvD player from it. Now i need those 3 to for the old desktop. Please give me a best deal :P

This is not for gaming, this is just for my dad, he need a desktop for surfing internet and read email :D. He does want a good size monitor though :P

Comments

• robgyorgyrobgyorgy Member Posts: 105
    just go to walmart :P
  • kzaskekzaske Member UncommonPosts: 518
    Check your local listing for a computer repair shop.  They should have used parts that you can pick up on the cheap or check with a few of your local gamer friends to see if they have anything they want to sell.
  • Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    i cant go back to anything smaller than a 20"monitor now that i have them....

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Start with a good monitor($130), a half decent hard drive($50 and a cheap DVD drive ($20). If you have more to spend do it on the monitor.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Originally posted by dg29031994
    I have an Old HP PC that i bought back 2010. I Have not use it for like 4 months now after i built my new PC. I took the monitor, the HDD and the DvD player from it. Now i need those 3 to for the old desktop. Please give me a best deal :P

This is not for gaming, this is just for my dad, he need a desktop for surfing internet and read email :D. He does want a good size monitor though :P

If the computer has DVI or HDMI outputs, you may be able to get by with hooking it up to his TV. That would save you a good chunk of change on the monitor. Turn the DPI up a bit (so the text is a bit bigger), and with a wireless keyboard/mouse, it's pretty useable for everyday tasks.

DVD-RW drives are around $20 wholesale (OEM editions that come shipped in bubblewrap).

Hard drives it just depends on how much you want to spend - if it's just for email and surfing the web, you could get by with anything SATA that's big enough to hold the host OS (probably 40G minimum for Windows Vista/7/8, could go much lower with XP or most Linux Distros). I would be wary of used HDs - simply because HDs do not age gracefully, although if you can pick one up for free I wouldn't turn it down. New 5400rpm drives start at around $50, while you can get Refurbs for around $20. A 32G SSD can be found for around $40 (although you would be tight for space with WinVista/7/8)