Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Grinding MMO

AranisusAranisus Member UncommonPosts: 30

Yeah, it's again me.

I'm looking for a nice gridning (mob grinding, spending hours on one spot to get lvl/gear, not quest grind like in Aion) MMO with lots of classes and people to play, mostly like L2 or RO. Class change, like in this games, would be awesome too, but I don't really mind it. I was trying EQ2 and V: SoH but... idk, something in this games pushed me back after few weeks.

Comments

• saydursaydur Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Good news. Ragnarok Online 2 is almost ready.

http://ro2.playpark.net/

Trouble is, the server is under "stress test" which much like the old days of RO means "Okay yeah we did -not- expect this and now our server is on fire hold up for a minute seriously everyone" but once that clears up, it looks like the best option for now.
  • SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    You could check out Maplestory.  It has 71 classes, thousands of randomly generated items and nothing to do but grind.  You also get to enjoy the grind for a total of 200 levels.  I mean, you really can't beat Maplestory if you want a pure grinding game.  It's not as hardcore as it used to be either.  A person could potentially no life it and get to max level within a week or two.  Maplestory also has one of the largest playerbases out of the free to play games.

• AranisusAranisus Member UncommonPosts: 30

Imho, RO2 is... shit. This awesome game climate from RO1 was killed by this 3D graphic.

Maple Story looks nice, I will check it out.

How about FF XI?

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458

Final Fantasy XI is definitely a good game, but I think it lost the charm that it once had.  The recent expansions introduced a way to power level, so hardly anybody actually parties to level up.  You basically just get to level 30 and then sit around afk while some high level gets you to max level within a day.  There's also not much solo content so you can't exactly grind.  If you don't mind getting to max level through powerleveling and enjoy role-based party play (tank, dps, healer, etc.) then it may be a good option for you.

Honestly though, I'd just wait for Final Fantasy XIV: A realm reborn instead of bothering with FFXI at this stage. 

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Check out Bless. Looks great, plus its an Asian MMO. Im looking forward to the grind. Not joking.
  • Darklotus79Darklotus79 Member Posts: 61
    Find something asain ! 

Bless hasn't come yet and I want to play NOW.

Any other suggestions?

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Aranisus

Imho, RO2 is... shit. This awesome game climate from RO1 was killed by this 3D graphic.

Maple Story looks nice, I will check it out.

How about FF XI?

I was going to suggest FFXI if, for whatever odd reason, you actually like grinding.  But when I returned about a year ago, most of the old form of grinding was eliminated.  Instead of going to level specific areas with a party of 6 and working together to take down mobs, you now form an alliance of 18 and go sit at a grand total of 3 locations for a few hours each and mindlessly bum rush chained mobs in order to reach level 75.  If you have people to run the Limit Break quests with, it's entirely possible to reach 75 within a week of moderate play time. 

I don't know what the new Abyssea stuff is like beyond 75.  I lost interest again before I got to that point. 

• SanelessSaneless Member UncommonPosts: 43
    RF online cant remember how many classes but it is pretty grindy!
  • xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712
    I was going to mention Vanguard, but you said IDK so IDK either.
  • thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by Ujirik
    You could check out Maplestory.  It has 71 classes, thousands of randomly generated items and nothing to do but grind.  You also get to enjoy the grind for a total of 200 levels.  I mean, you really can't beat Maplestory if you want a pure grinding game.  It's not as hardcore as it used to be either.  A person could potentially no life it and get to max level within a week or two.  Maplestory also has one of the largest playerbases out of the free to play games.

Is the grind to 200 even that bad anymore?   

Aren't those 71 classes just just the original 4 with slight variations on their skill sets?

It has been a while, since I played MS, and I sure do miss the good old days.

• nate112233nate112233 Member Posts: 7

I have been grinding Fallen Earth without doing the annoying missions.

I would like to think that I have been successful with only grinding but I wonder if I am missing a large part of the game.

I think I am going to have to least do one mission in order to join a faction. 

I also wanted to try grinding Vanguard but it seems like you really need to do the quests for the experience.

How about population in Fallen Earth?

• nate112233nate112233 Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Aranisus

How about population in Fallen Earth?

I think the population is great in Fallen Earth. There are always people in the main towns with no instances that I have found. There is also plenty of conversation in the chat channels. 

• ChaulsinNLChaulsinNL Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Try out Asheron's Call 2 when they fix the server troubles. Some of the best times in the game are spent grinding in a friendly group.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Grindy, grouping, good population... Shaiya from Aeria Games.  It's older but not bad looking for its age.  Runs well, even on slower systems.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • logicwarlogicwar Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Originally posted by ChaulsinNL
    Try out Asheron's Call 2 when they fix the server troubles. Some of the best times in the game are spent grinding in a friendly group.

yep this.