Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XFire - As MMO population estimation tool

1789101113»

Comments

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    I find it funny we all know how useless Xfire is yet put great faith in the just as worthless korean gaming charts.
  • ZukapeZukape Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Well I dont think it is accurate, for a simple fact not every mmo gamers uses xFire. I mean why do you need it anyway? 
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Zukape said:
    Well I dont think it is accurate, for a simple fact not every mmo gamers uses xFire. I mean why do you need it anyway? 

So pretend there is a game called X.  Xfire doesn't show anyone playing it or zero as they say.  The next day, early access starts and number that is higher than zero is displayed.  The day after that is release day and the number of people playing is higher than the early access number.   Are you saying that you can't learn a single thing from that? That it is meaningless.

Also, you are suggesting unless every gamer has xfire it is meaningless?

My post is going after the very low hanging fruit you have put out there, but there is it..........
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    btw, X-Fire doesn't even exist anymore.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,741
    I do not understand why this thread was pinned? We talk about X fire that much? I cannot remember the last thread where someone mentioned it...maybe six months ago I read one where it was mentioned.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Yeah XFire is gone now. They are no longer a thing. Raptr is the only client like that anymore. Even then it wasn't good to gauge how popular a game was to begin with. There were trends within the XFire users that caused them all to play certain games anyways. If we used Xfire to determine game population Call of Duty 4 would still be one of the most played games on the PC. I remember it always being in the top 5 games on Xfire. WoW was always on top which kind of made sense. 
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Yea twitch is the new estimation tool.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,741
    Maybe time for this thread to be unpinned?
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789
    filmoret said:
    Yea twitch is the new estimation tool.

But then we have to argue if Twitch is accurate or not.

Seriously though, any tool that does not measure actual numbers rather then a subset of some other software's use is going to be highly inaccurate.....including Twitch.

Let's party like it is 1863!