Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your favorite class in mmorpg game?

1235»

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

I usually play hybrids with the key element being complexity. The more complex the class the more I enjoy it. Examples are (old school) Wow druid where changing forms gives entirely new power setups, Wow Warlock due to the added complexity of using pets and their additional powers and Lotro Lore Master for much the same reasons. My main frustration though is that many games offer the ability to play hybrid (usually dps+heal is what I like ... I NEVER play tanks as they bore me silly). but the game itself has no roll for a hybrid.

Oddly though my favorite class (independent of game which I may not have enjoyed nearly as much) is Gunslinger/Sniper from Swtor. Not a hybrid at all and really a sci-fi archer class but it was fun as hell. It offered a positional strategy not duplicated by pretty much any other mmo and those that tried (such as engineer and the mirrored class from WAR) failed terribly. Who ever designed this class in Swtor should win a Class Design Award of the decade.

Even though I enjoy open skill systems, especially in more sandbox games, I never really bond as much with my character as class based systems ... as much as that irks me to admit it.

You stay sassy!

• LalapaseoLalapaseo Member Posts: 16
    Healer. Started as Druid raid-heal in WoW, and it was like that ever since. Currently playing Biotech in Firefall.
  • PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874
    A ranged physical class.  I hate magic and I hate pets.  I just want to shoot stuff from a distance, a true sniper class.  
  • dosvalenciadosvalencia Member Posts: 8
    I'd like to be artillery, ranged and hidden away, but hitting like a truck. Slow and vulnerable, but when well deployed and protected, is a cornerstone of offense. Maybe I'm looking to play an RTS or shooter haha in an MMO.
  • jefflim902jefflim902 Member Posts: 11
    I love the ranged classes, the classes that deal a ton of damage but cannot take damage, it keeps me on my toes and forces me to play strategically.
  • nineightninesnineightnines Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by DMKano

My favorite class is schooling griefers in PvP.

I give a 101 on that every chance I get, every game I play, especially while I'm starting out and somebody griefs me.

• James806James806 Member Posts: 9
    i'm always choosing long range or magical characters
    archers,gunner and mage or wizards....
  • mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321

AoC had Great classes. Herald of Xotli or Dark Templar.

Swtor I Play almost all of them but prefer Warrior (Jugg and Marauder) and Assassin.

I liked the Agent in Anarchy Online. 

• gideonvaldesgideonvaldes Member Posts: 148
    Guardian! A two handed wielder class at Rohan! balanced, at  the same time, since dagger type is less 30% of its attack power to avoid OPnesss.
  • DarhammDarhamm Member UncommonPosts: 68
    The heavily armored class with a whiff of magic use.

• DauzaDauza Member Posts: 8
    I like supportive class so priest :D