Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

did i miss something?

2»

Comments

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    Originally posted by drakes821

Welll that's the whole point. The game was NEVER rdy to be released. It's just AV propaganda all this shit. I say nothing bout it being beta tested. It's how we got there that bothers me the most. But while we now ARE testing it, let us do it. And I just don't buy their excuse for having the servers down during the holidays. It's just a lame excuse to be with their families. "The bug that we shall not speak of" will still be there tomorrow IF the servers go up. I can almost promise you that. But my guess is that we get another excuse from Tasos tomorrow. It will either be "Well we think we have fixed it, so we bring back the servers" and the bug will still be there, and they only turned the servers back on for us, or we get "We need to have the servers down til we fix this cause we couldn't do it even though we worked like crazy over the holidays". And then have it down til it's fixed for real.

I think it's bad business to not keep us testing it so we can get it released since I don't buy their excuse for having the servers down.

Well you can choose to ignor what you've been informed about and make up your own reality and keep freaking out about the servers being down all you want.

Personally whether there reasons are real or fake I don't have a problem with it. Everyone needs a break on Christmas to spend time with their family and friends. The world doesn't revolve around me and my video games.

I´m not ingoring what he said. I choose not to believe it. And with AVs trackrecord, and with everything leading up to this beta, it´s hard for me to trust them. I give them that they at least started communicating better leading up to this christmas statement. But that statement  just had BS written all over it. You choose to trust it, I don´t. Let´s leave it at that. We´ll see how it goes today. But get rdy to be even more disapointed...

They already attempted to fix the bug twuice, which was why we had 2 days of around 8 hour server downtime. they were attempting to fix it but caused other server issues rather than fixing it in the process.

This shit happens sometimes, even with what at 1st appears like it would be a minor fix. I used to dev for a game where we start working on an issue that seems simple to solve. You think you have it licked and bring the server back up only to find it had other unexpected results and you have to roll back all the changes and start over again. Sometimes it takes several attempts to get it worked out properly and sometimes while implementing the actual fix might only take a few hours, finding out that proper fix as well as not causing other issues along with it can take days or weeks.

You know MMOs take years to put together right? Why on earth do you think it only takes a day or 2 to work out every possible issue that might come up during testing?

• ThomasGreyThomasGrey Member Posts: 3
    I understand the nature of the issues they are dealing with and can respect those challenges.  However, the problem with AV is how they misrepresent the facts in their communications to the customer base.  Since November they have been stating that the game is very close, first on 11/20 when they delayed the first time, and again on 12/12.  Now we are in beta and seeing a game that clearly has more work to be done on it before it can considered releasable.  This is not how you do business.  Its going to be a great game, but it has a ways to go...I predict a February release.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by drakes821

Welll that's the whole point. The game was NEVER rdy to be released. It's just AV propaganda all this shit. I say nothing bout it being beta tested. It's how we got there that bothers me the most. But while we now ARE testing it, let us do it. And I just don't buy their excuse for having the servers down during the holidays. It's just a lame excuse to be with their families. "The bug that we shall not speak of" will still be there tomorrow IF the servers go up. I can almost promise you that. But my guess is that we get another excuse from Tasos tomorrow. It will either be "Well we think we have fixed it, so we bring back the servers" and the bug will still be there, and they only turned the servers back on for us, or we get "We need to have the servers down til we fix this cause we couldn't do it even though we worked like crazy over the holidays". And then have it down til it's fixed for real.

I think it's bad business to not keep us testing it so we can get it released since I don't buy their excuse for having the servers down.

Well you can choose to ignor what you've been informed about and make up your own reality and keep freaking out about the servers being down all you want.

Personally whether there reasons are real or fake I don't have a problem with it. Everyone needs a break on Christmas to spend time with their family and friends. The world doesn't revolve around me and my video games.

I´m not ingoring what he said. I choose not to believe it. And with AVs trackrecord, and with everything leading up to this beta, it´s hard for me to trust them. I give them that they at least started communicating better leading up to this christmas statement. But that statement  just had BS written all over it. You choose to trust it, I don´t. Let´s leave it at that. We´ll see how it goes today. But get rdy to be even more disapointed...

try this approach. It has worked for me from day 1 of Darkfall 1.

ignore everything they say...literally everything.

log in, play, if you like, stay, if you dont, leave and come back later when you see some article posted here or on other MMO based sites. DONT read the article, just log back in and play.

You dont have to follow that to the letter more just the attitude of what i am saying...it works WAY better

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Locking this, due to NDA-violating topic.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.