Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Based on word of mouth, I downloaded Age of Wushu.

ironhelixironhelix fairfield, OHPosts: 448Member

After creating a character, I entered the game. It was in windowed mode, so I immediately went to settings and changed it to full screen. Upon selecting full screen, the game window became blank, and I was unable to play. It continued to run, but I could not see anything, so I opened the task manager to quit the game. Much to my suprise, Age of Wushu was not listed among the open applications, so I was unable to force it to quit. I restarted my machine, and attempted to play again. This time, the Age of Wushu splash screen came up, and then over it I was presented with a Gmail login screen that said "ageofwushu.com would like you to log into your gmail account" (or something to that effect). Needless to say, there is no way in HELL I am going to log into my gmail account under these circumstances, so I force quit the game (there were no other options allowed). 

Is anyone else having this experience? I am not going to play a game that asks me for my email password, REGARDLESS of how good the word of mouth is.

Comments

  • fascismfascism marquette, MIPosts: 358Member Uncommon
    wut
  • Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Albany, NYPosts: 256Member

    I haven't had the game prompt me to put in my Gmail password like that.

    Are you using the "log in using these following accounts?"

    Because you should just be able to use whatever email you registered for beta/purchased the game with.

  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Nada, FLPosts: 576Member
    Not sure what is going on with your client, there is an option to log in via you gmail account (or your facebook or yahoo I believe) or you can do like I did and just make a snail account. But I never had any of the other issues you are talking about and the only time it pulled up the "log in to gmail" window was when I clicked the log in via gmail button.
  • fillybluntsfillyblunts michigan city, INPosts: 25Member
    Didnt have any problem, then again I always play in windowed mode. But honestly the game isnt that great, and isnt really worth your time if its giving you that much trouble.
  • C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Butthole, FLPosts: 363Member
    You smoking something crazy?
  • eye_meye_m Notta Chance, ABPosts: 3,133Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by fillyblunts
    Didnt have any problem, then again I always play in windowed mode. But honestly the game isnt that great, and isnt really worth your time if its giving you that much trouble.

    THIS ^   ^

    All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

    I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

    I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

  • winghaven1winghaven1 HafnarfjörðurPosts: 106Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Originally posted by fillyblunts
    Didnt have any problem, then again I always play in windowed mode. But honestly the game isnt that great, and isnt really worth your time if its giving you that much trouble.

    THIS ^   ^

    You kidding? The game is epic! Then again, I always wanted this kind of combat. It looks so damn epic! And the community appears to be good. But has its bad apples... The graphics top notch, gameplay great, story.. Well, I don't know the story of the game! xD 

     

    All to their own, I guess!

     

    MERRY XMAS, BTW.

     

     

  • XAPKenXAPKen Northwest, INPosts: 4,940Member Uncommon

    Whack and re-install.  It sounds like the blank screen crash defaulted to an account link to Google that you didn't want.

     


    Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now turned Amateur Game Developer.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  Realm Lords 2 on MMORPG.com
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Halifax, NSPosts: 778Member Uncommon
    At least you finished downloading it. Every time I've tried, it stopped around 3.2gb (halfwayish) done and the download never finished.
  • ironhelixironhelix fairfield, OHPosts: 448Member
    Originally posted by Bakkoda24

    I haven't had the game prompt me to put in my Gmail password like that.

    Are you using the "log in using these following accounts?"

    Because you should just be able to use whatever email you registered for beta/purchased the game with.

    When I initially logged into the game, I used the account info that I used to create my Snail Games account. I was able to create a character, and actually enter the game. After trying to set the game to run in full-screen mode, it crashed, and now wants me to use my gmail account every time I open the application (which I am NOT going to do).

    Maybe I will try again after the game releases, this isn't worth the effort.

    Thanks for the replies, and Merry Christmas everyone.

  • RimmersmanRimmersman MonacoPosts: 885Member
    Originally posted by winghaven1
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Originally posted by fillyblunts
    Didnt have any problem, then again I always play in windowed mode. But honestly the game isnt that great, and isnt really worth your time if its giving you that much trouble.

    THIS ^   ^

    You kidding? The game is epic! Then again, I always wanted this kind of combat. It looks so damn epic! And the community appears to be good. But has its bad apples... The graphics top notch, gameplay great, story.. Well, I don't know the story of the game! xD 

     

    All to their own, I guess!

     

    MERRY XMAS, BTW.

     

     

    Dont bite mate, who cares whether he likes the game or not lol.

    image
  • IsawaIsawa Middle 0 Nowhere, ORPosts: 1,051Member
    Originally posted by Aviggin
    At least you finished downloading it. Every time I've tried, it stopped around 3.2gb (halfwayish) done and the download never finished.

    Same, I need a torrent or a small exe. file that once installed downloads / installs the game that way - like more MMORPGS have these days.

  • Sal1Sal1 Twin Cities, MNPosts: 183Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Eluldor
    Originally posted by Aviggin
    At least you finished downloading it. Every time I've tried, it stopped around 3.2gb (halfwayish) done and the download never finished.

    Same, I need a torrent or a small exe. file that once installed downloads / installs the game that way - like more MMORPGS have these days.

    There is a way to download the game in smaller pieces. In Closed Beta one I had this problem so I found where it was maybe 6 seperate files. http://www.ageofwushu.com/download/ I did a quick search and found that link.

  • OpapanaxOpapanax Rochester, NYPosts: 973Member

    Not here to debate how people like the game. I'm enjoying it very much right now myself a fresh game for the US market.

    With your issues tho, you don't need to put in your gmail, or facebook, or youtube, or four-square and definately not your twitter to play this game..

    You put in the email and password to the game that you used to register it. For the windows mode, thats the only default option right now. Can't go fullscreen yet, but I believe I read somewhere that they are definately trying to work this in. Especially since it's for the US market. Could be wrong I'm sure someone will let me know..

    PM before you report at least or you could just block.

  • bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,284Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ironhelix

    After creating a character, I entered the game. It was in windowed mode, so I immediately went to settings and changed it to full screen. Upon selecting full screen, the game window became blank, and I was unable to play. It continued to run, but I could not see anything, so I opened the task manager to quit the game. Much to my suprise, Age of Wushu was not listed among the open applications, so I was unable to force it to quit. I restarted my machine, and attempted to play again. This time, the Age of Wushu splash screen came up, and then over it I was presented with a Gmail login screen that said "ageofwushu.com would like you to log into your gmail account" (or something to that effect). Needless to say, there is no way in HELL I am going to log into my gmail account under these circumstances, so I force quit the game (there were no other options allowed). 

    Is anyone else having this experience? I am not going to play a game that asks me for my email password, REGARDLESS of how good the word of mouth is.

    http://www.ageofwushu.com/download

    Just hit downlaod, then setup when done. I just installed it on my sons computer. Smooth as butter. Some how you must of got some corrputed files.

     

  • Dward127Dward127 vonore, TNPosts: 46Member
    Originally posted by Aviggin
    At least you finished downloading it. Every time I've tried, it stopped around 3.2gb (halfwayish) done and the download never finished.

    try downloading it a piece at a time that is what i had to do.

  • AresPLAresPL ElblagPosts: 290Member
    had similar things with my older rig, some games that start with higher resolution than my desktop settings went blank, maybe thats the problem, You can set resolution at launcher
  • TheDeadlyMouseTheDeadlyMouse Beckley, WVPosts: 103Member Uncommon
    It asked about your gmail account cause you clicked on the login link using Google. You can either create an account from the site, use Facebook account to log in, Yahoo or Goolge. so you must have told it to use Google so it was just asking for premission to do so.
  • reanorreanor BananaPosts: 434Member

    My AoW always changes resolution to something like 1842x1180 some weird stuff. I have to manually change it back to 1920x1200 or I have to look at my windows bar... I guess I can try to run in admin mode...

Sign In or Register to comment.