Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's talk housing...

TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

So I visited the site and was not really satisfied with the information they gave regarding their housing.  I don't know why they wouldn't provide more information as it is content many have clamored for in mmos for some time.

Some of my questions:

1) At what level do you get housing or a dimension?  Do you get a small house or dimension for free, does it cost money, is it a reward?  How and when do you get it, and if cost is involved is it prohibitive to casual players or rp types which may not be raiders or gold making machines.

2) Where do you get the items to furnish it with?  Another words, are furniture pieces crafted, sold on a cash shop, looted in game, rewarded for certain quests, etc?  Exactly how would one go about furnishing an amazing house?

3) Is there a crafting system associated with housing?  In SWG, Architect created housing and furniture. 

4) Is this feature being used much on an individual basis or by guilds?

5) Do you have a picture of your house or your guild's house?  I'd love to see it if you have the time to share.

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

You do a short tutorial quest at level 6 and get a free small dimension. Items are obtained via faction rep vendors, regular npc vendors, but mostly player made throughout the professions. Crafters can obtain recipes specific to their prof and craft the more unique and exotic items as well as building blocks like planks and bricks for custom structures.
    Dimensions are heavily used by individuals and guilds. Mostly roleplayers and puzzle builders.
    My dimension is still under construction. I am working on a massive treehouse. No pics yet.

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491
    Originally posted by Terranah

So I visited the site and was not really satisfied with the information they gave regarding their housing.  I don't know why they wouldn't provide more information as it is content many have clamored for in mmos for some time.

Some of my questions:

1) At what level do you get housing or a dimension?  Do you get a small house or dimension for free, does it cost money, is it a reward?  How and when do you get it, and if cost is involved is it prohibitive to casual players or rp types which may not be raiders or gold making machines.

Answer: you get a free small dimension shortly after you get out of the starter area.

2) Where do you get the items to furnish it with?  Another words, are furniture pieces crafted, sold on a cash shop, looted in game, rewarded for certain quests, etc?  Exactly how would one go about furnishing an amazing house?

Answer: YES to all but the cash store, oh and you can buy them from venders.

3) Is there a crafting system associated with housing?  In SWG, Architect created housing and furniture. 

Answer: it seems that most of the crafting skills can make something.

4) Is this feature being used much on an individual basis or by guilds?

Answer: I would say yes to both.

5) Do you have a picture of your house or your guild's house?  I'd love to see it if you have the time to share.

Answer: Not at this time, I am saving up for the big house, 900 plat.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Okay, okay, going to BestBuy and pick up Rift.  I'm a little bummed because I have some time invested in GW2, and I only got to 78% world discovery and haven't even finished my story line.  I guess I can go back to GW2 any time since it's b2p, but I know I am usually a one mmo at a time person.

Anyway, wish me luck.  I heard there is an rp server..fae something that has good pop.  I'll start there first.