Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would crossfire works?

KokoiopKokoiop Member Posts: 29

Hello,

If someone know about it, I was wondering if I can crossfire my Asus Radeon HD 5750 Formula with a Visontek Radeon HD 5750. They are both the same card and crossfire ready in fact but are from different brand. I would rebuy the same card but I can't find it anywhere.

Thank you.

Comments

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Yes they will work together.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Yes, it will work, at least about as well as CrossFire normally does.  But unless you already own both cards, it's highly probable that you'd be better off getting rid of the card you have in favor of a single, faster, newer card.
  • KokoiopKokoiop Member Posts: 29

Thank you,

I was trying to avoid getting rid of my graphic card and to save a little bit of dollars so I'm still wondering what would be the best thing to do to upgrade my rig.

(Just in case someone might help:

Asus P5K motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66ghz

4go ram DDR2

Asus Radeon 5750 HD)

I'm trying to get at least 16go ram, a better Cpu and Gpu and I would like to not go above 400$ if possible.

So if someone want to suggest idea of upgrade, I would be thankful.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

At this point you are probably better off just holding what you have for now, saving a little more money, and upgrading to a new computer.

That PC has pretty much reached its potential. Enough so that upgrading the GPU wont give enough of a performance gain to justify spending money on IMO.

You could save another $200-$300 more in the next ( however much time you need ) and actually build something alot nicer than that will ever upgrade too. Could easily do an AMD build on a $700 or so budget and have a really decent budget gaming computer.

Just my opinion tho.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347

If you put a second video card in a PCI Express x4 slot, it will be crippled for lack of memory bandwidth.  That's not even PCI Express 2.0, but the original PCI Express standard.

You've got a decently balanced system, so it's not like you've got a bunch of nice parts held back by one straggler.  I could understand getting an SSD if your main complaint is general system sluggishness, but that won't do much to improve frame rates in games.

Apart from that, if you want better gaming performance, you should be looking to replace the computer, not upgrade it.  If you try to replace some parts while keeping others, you'll immediately be held back by the older parts that you kept.

You don't have a dire need for a new computer, as what you have is still decently functional.  But at some point, you have to decide it's had a good life and replace it outright.

• KokoiopKokoiop Member Posts: 29
    Well, thanks to both of you, I finally just got a new power supply from a friend to be able to use my new hard drive. I will wait until I have more to get a better computer.