Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WarZ: #1 Zombie MMO

Really?

I'd like to know who says its #1?

and why mmorpg.com endorses further false advertising?

Comments

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    heh there is no shame here on this site , they take advertising dollars from anyone regardless of how shady the company is. Its to bad to because there is a decent community here.
  • GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

Its the ONLY zombie MMO, all things considered.  Also, you have no ideal how this site actually handles its advertising.  Ignoring anything else, its entirely possible that they had already paid for this slot for the timeframe its running well before now.  You can't just back out of a deal once the money changed hands.  That ad isn't any worse than any other ad I've ever seen in terms of what it claims.

If anything you should all be pretty happy.  That company is biting the dirt hard and MMORPG.com managed to sucker them out of some money to help keep us running before they crash and burn into nothing.  They bled a turnip, as it is.  They could claim to make every player instanitly rich with 10 hot wives at this point, its not saving them.  The internet has already championed the cause, the word is out, and the damage is done.

• yorkforceyorkforce Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Its abit hard to write articles bashing a game (as much as everyone else has) next to an advert encouraging everyone to play it as the #1 zombie mmo.
  • darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    there is a reason DayZ hasnt been released as a stand alone yet and there is no other Zombie MMO.
    Originally posted by yorkforce
    Its abit hard to write articles bashing a game (as much as everyone else has) next to an advert encouraging everyone to play it as the #1 zombie mmo.

Until such a time as it has market competition, it IS the #1 zombie MMO. 

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    When did this game started to become an MMO? I know MMORPG.com advertised games other than MMO's and I'm ok with it but they company who created The WarZ really trying to sell this game as an MMO? Really? This is hilarious! False advertising FTW! If some people think this is an MMO, it's even more hilarious.
  • ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    Originally posted by Gishgeron

The Secret World has lots of zombies in a modern day setting. Either way that ad is comedy gold after everything that's happened.

Originally posted by ezpz77

The Secret World has lots of zombies in a modern day setting. Either way that ad is comedy gold after everything that's happened.

I will agree that it certainly IS comedy gold. 

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    I have to give it credit, forget just shooting yourself in the foot when you can jump into a pit of shotguns.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645

Its the ONLY zombie MMO

this so ya thats hilarious.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

ad bars are outside of the control of mmorpg. they can only request offencive ads be removed from their bar's cycle but the ad provider is who handles the ads that show. 

as for it being #1 anything.. thats debateable as it really has no MMO features. much like combatarm and warinc they arnt mmos at all but level progression fps games.(and no that does not counter as mmo. only a level progression multiplayer game)

though they should run the ad as #1 hatefueled zombie fps lol

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by Ichmen

ad bars are outside of the control of mmorpg. they can only request offencive ads be removed from their bar's cycle but the ad provider is who handles the ads that show. 

Ya, mmorpg isnt to blame its just hilarious,

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• mastergravymastergravy Member UncommonPosts: 38
    secret world has better zombies than that peice of shit
  • jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

WarZ is a blatant rip off of DayZ and in their attempt to be first to market, they shot themselves in the foot.

Karma I say.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

I guess it can be considered the #1 zombie MMO, since it's the only one that has zombies as the main enemies (almost every other MMO has zombies in one way or another, but not as the main enemy). Kinda like how Leprechaun was advertised as the highest grossing horror movie of the year when it was released... which was on a january 8th.. 8¨)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Not an MMO.
  • ArnoagnsArnoagns Member Posts: 100

If anyone throws their money at this game and have knowledge of the devs being complete tools, they aren't what I would call a "Smart" consumer.

Seriously, just watch the videos of these guys talking. Not interview bull, just being themselves. Calling people faggots, hacking in junk for their friends, just the most unprofessional group I'd ever seen. Oh, but they want your money, even though it's DayZ lite.

You get better gameplay from the actual mod that spawned this god awful insult of a game.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    50 people per server with a couple hundred servers does not make it an MMO. Though seems past couple of years they will say anything with MP/co-op is an MMO.

Originally posted by Lexin
    50 people per server with a couple hundred servers does not make it an MMO. Though seems past couple of years they will say anything with MP/co-op is an MMO.

The funny thing is...as I recall, BF3 has more players playing at once than this does.  Or can, at any rate.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Originally posted by Lexin

The funny thing is...as I recall, BF3 has more players playing at once than this does.  Or can, at any rate.

I have seen plenty of games where there is more people per server and never labeled or wanted the label of MMO. I consider this an FPS with some zombies in the backround.