Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scissor, paper, stone

2»

Comments

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Banaghran

Unfortunately, the rock paper scissors concept really works only up to a certain complexity of the game, both how the game combat is "physically" engaging ("skill based gameplay") and in terms of content diversity.

If the game is too much skill based, the pvp jocks will be angry (however it may be in reality) because they KNOW that they are better than YOU, they blame the system for not giving the ANY chance of winning.

On the opposite side, the pve nerds will be unhappy if they select a character that is good in the system, but useless in parts of the pve game, consequently potentionally creating a situation when there is no rock and scissors rule supreme, this problem increases exponentially with how many "items" we add to the system (in case we add lizard and Spock, "paper disproves Spock" :) ) and the game (world pve, small scale pve, large scale pve....) .

In the end devs resort to balancing pvp with simple asumptions, which may turn out good or bad.

One of the most annoying assumptions is that if noone makes a mistake, the pvp match goes on forever.

Flame on!

:)

I knew somebody was bound to bring up Rock, Paper, Scissor, Lizard, Spock.  image

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by darwa
    Originally posted by Zyzra

Flame on!

Do you also write letters to people and sign them with, instead of your name, a "Flame on! :)" at the end?

Just so you know, not everyone who replies to you or even disagrees is flaming.

I just worry because I would hate for this to become such a habit to you that when you make a statement in real life you'd say "Flame on!" and then tilt your head to an extreme sideways angle and smile.

I'm trying to help.

Hehe. Beautifully done :)

The number of emails i have to write daily is disproportional to the number of posts i write here.

So, bad for you, good for me, another one caught :)

Flame on!

Ah so does that mean you write many more emails than posts here, or many more posts here than emails?

In either event, unless you are an arsonist whose name is :) I might suggest trying something with a little more quality.  Such as finishing the end of a post with actual content.

• BanaghranBanaghran Member Posts: 869
    Originally posted by darwa

Flame on!

Do you also write letters to people and sign them with, instead of your name, a "Flame on! :)" at the end?

Just so you know, not everyone who replies to you or even disagrees is flaming.

I just worry because I would hate for this to become such a habit to you that when you make a statement in real life you'd say "Flame on!" and then tilt your head to an extreme sideways angle and smile.

I'm trying to help.

Hehe. Beautifully done :)

The number of emails i have to write daily is disproportional to the number of posts i write here.

So, bad for you, good for me, another one caught :)

Flame on!

Ah so does that mean you write many more emails than posts here, or many more posts here than emails?

In either event, unless you are an arsonist whose name is :) I might suggest trying something with a little more quality.  Such as finishing the end of a post with actual content.

Much more emails.

Anyways, as Bernard Woolley would put it: "Your request is under consideration."

Flame on!