Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is 30 bucks worth playing the beta?

2»

Comments

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    The game is worth its weight in gold.  However since there are no physical copies, it has no weight so....
  • AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by Zyzra
    The game is worth its weight in gold.  However since there are no physical copies, it has no weight so....

I'm a big fan.  The trainwreck-about-to-happen pic in that other thread was classic.

To the OP, only you can answer that.  To me?  lmao.. no.  But to others, it's freaking awesome.  /shrug

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by Robokapp

you have to be pretty to pay for a beta...wait for the actual product, for some reviews and videos, then buy.

or roll down your window and toss a few dollar bills.

This also might end up being more entertaining depending on who is nearby when you toss the dollar bills out the window.  If you throw them out near a few bums, you may get more intense and balanced PVP in real life for less money!

• skorner64skorner64 Member Posts: 47

No beta is worth money, but then again you are not paying for the beta you're paying for the game at launch and the free 30days. Beta is a perk for buying into it early.

I cant say much about the beta because of the NDA.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by skorner64

No beta is worth money, but then again you are not paying for the beta you're paying for the game at launch and the free 30days. Beta is a perk for buying into it early.

i think it's worth it.  I talked to skorner before when he was on the fence and now skorner is a darkfall player

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

The beta is only worth 30$ if you have a top notch computer. I mean top notch. If you have an average gaming computer, you will stay below 20-15-10 fps or worst and its unplayable.

Dont worry for release tho. Only reason we have fps problem, is because the game is on debug mode. All i can do is farming in the safe zone, so i got bored really fast. If i go further, il get kill cuz there is no way i can protect myself with 10 fps.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

The beta is only worth 30$ if you have a top notch computer. I mean top notch. If you have an average gaming computer, you will stay below 20-15-10 fps or worst and its unplayable.

Dont worry for release tho. Only reason we have fps problem, is because the game is on debug mode. All i can do is farming in the safe zone, so i got bored really fast. If i go further, il get kill cuz there is no way i can protect myself with 10 fps.

i too get horrible fps, however i did jump from 8 to 30 after a patch so they are improving it.  However debug mode is really killing things for me

• skorner64skorner64 Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr
    Originally posted by skorner64

i think it's worth it.  I talked to skorner before when he was on the fence and now skorner is a darkfall player

This is true, and now I'm looking foward to release!

• AzdulAzdul Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by funcon

So I'm just wondering if this game has a smooth running game engine like Rift or WoW. Because it really, really annoys me to play a choppy/stuttery game.  If any of you have played SWTOR you guys know what I'm talking about. If DFUW runs smooth I will pay to play beta. I like the idea of a seamless world and the sandbox.

I'd wait few weeks before buying the game. Currently client produces gigabytes of logs as you play - and even if you get 150+ FPS on high settings, from time to time you'll get noticeable pauses. After new year they've promised non-debug build of the game, whatever that means.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

not for this game, neither for any other. 

But we usually do pay, so if you really loved DF1, buy it, log in, have your fix and log out. 

The beta is unstable, meant for testing really. I have no fucking clue how those guys planned a november release with the game in the current state. 

• jerome1986jerome1986 Member Posts: 34
    All im going to say is that there is an NDA for a big sad reason.  not worth it, believe me.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    i wouldnt advise preordering any game at the moment, and there are enough questions about DF;UW at the moment to reinforce that precaution. Personally i'd wait and see how the game actually pans out, no telling how long before it comes out of Beta, by the time it does it may well have a free trial and/or be F2P with microtransactions.  image
  • evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    if you were going to buy the game already and just want to pre-order then go for it, but if you are wanting to test the game out and have some fun during "beta" then i wouldn't recommend it. if you are wanting to test, wait until the game is released first.
  • Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    im waiting till release...though my guild is threatning me to get it now or b kicked...frankly i coudnt care lolz

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,112
    Originally posted by PsychoPigeon
    No, it's just a gimmick to get people to give them money early. Real beta's last for months. AV has such a small team, they arne't going to be doing anything to fix any issues, especially now it's christmas.

They have to pay for a testing beta? What kind of shit is that? Early launch or trial beta, ok, but a "we are still building our game beta" meh. That just screams we need money now panic mode. To each his own I guess.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,112
    Originally posted by Dantae87
    im waiting till release...though my guild is threatning me to get it now or b kicked...frankly i coudnt care lolz

Yeah F that kind of guild, force you to spend your cash....lame.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• wyrdaskolirwyrdaskolir Member UncommonPosts: 563
    Originally posted by PsychoPigeon
    No, it's just a gimmick to get people to give them money early. Real beta's last for months. AV has such a small team, they arne't going to be doing anything to fix any issues, especially now it's christmas.

Don't think you're in beta so you wouldn't know but there have been so many patches since it started

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by Elandir90

But we usually do pay, so if you really loved DF1, buy it, log in, have your fix and log out. 

The beta is unstable, meant for testing really. I have no fucking clue how those guys planned a november release with the game in the current state. 

The game was always in a releasable state since the 1st video you saw. DF wanted and still plan to release the game with incomplete feature and some bugs here and there. Some bugs and some incomplete feature are not game breackers. We played DF 1.0 beta for 2 years and we had so much fun so this is not gonna stop us from enjoying the game.

The real and only problem currently and the reason why we're in debug mode with very small patch instead of small to big patches, is because that one bug is the most game breacking. Once you get that bug, you dont want to play anymore, you just think about quitting.

I think everyone knows what that bug is. The bug that cause your inventory and your bank to be completely wiped out. You restart with your starter items and thats it and i think we still dont know what cause this exactly. We thought it was after a crash, but no. Even if you quit correctly, you may log back in and lose all your stuff. Its so random and annoying.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

The game was always in a releasable state since the 1st video you saw. DF wanted and still plan to release the game with incomplete feature and some bugs here and there. Some bugs and some incomplete feature are not game breackers. We played DF 1.0 beta for 2 years and we had so much fun so this is not gonna stop us from enjoying the game.

The real and only problem currently and the reason why we're in debug mode with very small patch instead of small to big patches, is because that one bug is the most game breacking. Once you get that bug, you dont want to play anymore, you just think about quitting.

I think everyone knows what that bug is. The bug that cause your inventory and your bank to be completely wiped out. You restart with your starter items and thats it and i think we still dont know what cause this exactly. We thought it was after a crash, but no. Even if you quit correctly, you may log back in and lose all your stuff. Its so random and annoying.

There is a way to overcome this bug where you can keep your stuff... just read the  beta forums

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

Sure, a mmo with persistence problems is very releasable. 

I will not talk further into it, but there are MAJOR problems. But the game is good. Just not ready yet. 

So... thats why i keep saying, buy it but don't expect a playable beta. 

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

I will not talk further into it, but there are MAJOR problems. But the game is good. Just not ready yet. 

its actully really playable atm just the item thign is annoying clan banks work 99% of the time tho 

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by Raxeon

its actully really playable atm just the item thign is annoying clan banks work 99% of the time tho 

The game is nowhere near playable right now. Obviously I cant elaborate due to the NDA but there are issues that, if the game was released on its initially planned date it would have been a ghost town within a month.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by evilized
    Originally posted by Raxeon

The game is nowhere near playable right now. Obviously I cant elaborate due to the NDA but there are issues that, if the game was released on its initially planned date it would have been a ghost town within a month.

Then what the hell have I been doing the past 3 days? Stop making ridiculous statements then throwing the NDA card.