Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

was going to try this out but....

2»

Comments

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    Originally posted by Draron
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by Celusios
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by Deddpool
    Originally posted by sparr
    I watched a few  youtube vids on the game today thinking this could be the grinding slow paced but rewarding game for me...till i seen a few chars running around with no clothes on, all male.....please tell me the naked chars do not show private parts...is this really needed in a game? i mean everything else looks great...this i hope is not still in the game...thank you.

Stay away, game is awful.  Tried it 3 times in hope it would improve, but alas, no.

What parts bugged you the most? Was thinking about downloading it one final time, but fear it'll be another waste of time.

Can't be more waste of a time than playing a game that everytime you log out all of your items including the bank are gone, lolol! Nothing amuses me more than you Darkfall kids commenting on MO.

I assume youre referring to the disappearing inventory bug in MO, I'm sure it'll get "fixed" at some point. Yes, it is rather amusing you insist on comparing a BETA with a game thats been out for years. image

At least in Mortal Online you don't actually "lose" the items, they just go invisible. The weight of the item is still counted, you just need to relog (fixed it the two times it happened to me) or page a GM.

/resetui Will fix that issue for you. No relog needed. Inb4 Hancakes "GAME BROKE COS YOU HAVE TO DO DAT!". Darkfall is a game that started development in like 2000... thats damn near a 13 year old game that still sucks lolol.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Got to love the MO vs DF battles... Brings back sweet memories from 2009-2010. Those were the days!

Nowadays, years later, it's rather pathetic to watch fans argue about which game is most broken and failed. It's as if time has stood still when it comes to indie sandboxes and the hopeless devs making them. I can't believe people still keep their hopes up for these games.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Biskop

I can't believe people still keep their hopes up for these games.

You don't have to. Some enjoy the games even with issues, considering they give something no other game can (in b4 "THOSE THINGS ARE BUGS").

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927

Got to love the MO vs DF battles... Brings back sweet memories from 2009-2010. Those were the days!

Nowadays, years later, it's rather pathetic to watch fans argue about which game is most broken and failed. It's as if time has stood still when it comes to indie sandboxes and the hopeless devs making them. I can't believe people still keep their hopes up for these games.

LOL. Too true...  "Hey we aren't the absolute WORST!!! Look, someone is worse than us!!"

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

That wouldn't happen if there was a AAA sandbox title like one of these, unfortunately that will probably never happen. The last good one was back in UO. I have to say though I still love DFO with it's flaws, the peristence bug and server crashes will be fixed before they launch the game obviously so bringing that up is pointless. I would assume most of the issue lies with the debug client and not the release client. 

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by MaGicBush

I would assume most of the issue lies with the debug client and not the release client. 

Are you really that naive?

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

If Mortal proves too buggy, glitchy or ganky for you check out Age of Wushu. It's not full loot, but the sandbox elements and pvp are great in my experience so far in the open beta.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    I also re-downloaded recently to try it out and it really is that bad. Its pretty much still Alpha gameplay and very quiet indeed of players.
  • FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141
    Oh lord, OP brought back memories from MO's launch days. Sausage Lake anyone...............................Havent played it since, game has potential, but far too buggy with a dev team that is clueless.

That wouldn't happen if there was a AAA sandbox title like one of these, unfortunately that will probably never happen. The last good one was back in UO. I have to say though I still love DFO with it's flaws, the peristence bug and server crashes will be fixed before they launch the game obviously so bringing that up is pointless. I would assume most of the issue lies with the debug client and not the release client. 

Have you tried AoW?

Definitely an AAA game. Like another poster mentioned it's not full loot but still totally oPvP without any safe zones, non-linear gameplay, EVE-style classless skill system, advanced player policing/aligment system complete with bounties, jail and executions, player-run economy, etc. Lots of unique features like kidnapping, spying and so on.

Oh, and it works, too. ; )

Have you tried AoW?

Definitely an AAA game. Like another poster mentioned it's not full loot but still totally oPvP without any safe zones, non-linear gameplay, EVE-style classless skill system, advanced player policing/aligment system complete with bounties, jail and executions, player-run economy, etc. Lots of unique features like kidnapping, spying and so on.

Oh, and it works, too. ; )

I may give it a shot if DFO flops, but I find it hard after playing DFO to ever return to a game with no full looting as that just adds to much to the gameplay.

Also what is AoW? At first I thought you meant AoC, but noticed after re-reading you said AoW.

--------------------

Also what is AoW?

Age of Wushu.

If you're into sandbox games and oPvP you should really give it a try.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Also what is AoW?

Age of Wushu.

If you're into sandbox games and oPvP you should really give it a try.

little bit to aisan for my tastes, but i might give it a go. at least until dfuw releases

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Originally posted by deathshroud

little bit to aisan for my tastes

Yeah, that's what I thought first, too. Not really a fan of the whole Wuxia thing or the Asian style of games.

However, I know a good game when I play one, and AoW is one of a kind. It has its flaws but compared to MO and DF it's a miracle of good programming and game design.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    i also dont know if i could go back to a tab based ocmbat system either

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

I know where you're coming from death. Twitch combat gets addicting, but you can't have it all and tbh I prefer a working sandbox with tab combat to a bug-ridden mess with twitch combat.

Besides, AoW's combat is not your typical WoW style button mashing, it's much deeper than that.
  • ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    I prefer target based combat when it comes to fantasy and having an array of abilities than just melee and few spells. it is more precise and balanced rather than depending on latency and glitches. 
    I know where you're coming from death. Twitch combat gets addicting, but you can't have it all and tbh I prefer a working sandbox with tab combat to a bug-ridden mess with twitch combat.

Besides, AoW's combat is not your typical WoW style button mashing, it's much deeper than that.

I may give it a shot while I wait for UW, I noticed the beta is free to play though limited which is odd. Is that going to be F2P when it releases? 

--------------------

The cb was supposed to be for early access customers only, but they added a "trial" were you can try the game for a limited time (10 hours upon first login, then 1 hour per day during the remaining beta). For 20 bucks you get 60 days full access, plus offline leveling a la EVE and some other perks like offline stalls for trading.

When it releases it will be free to play without time restriction but with a sub option (VIP access, see above) and a cash shop.