Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hawken: Pilots Invited to Holiday Battle

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Hawken pilots have a new holiday-themed map to take the fight to with the arrival of Operation Frostburn. The map brings the snow-filled region of Prosk to the game along with holiday-themed skins and more.

Find out more about Operation Frostburn on the Hawken site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Playing the open beta for a week now and damn this game is fun :)

Any1 who remember Steel Batalion ? it got the same kind of graphic style.

Fast paced mech game that took me by suprise.

Not a pay to win game and 9 mechs at your disposal to wreck havoc !

Warning Matchmaking still needs alot of work - so you can end up with very solid players that know what they are doing.

if you can bite that then Hawken can add alot of fun.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

how is this game compaired to mechwarrior online? are you forced in to a FPS/cockpit only view or can you 3rd person outside for an arial view around your mech?? 

biggest issue i had with mechwarrior is the lack of being able to change camera view made it hard for me to view my area lol 

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953
    Originally posted by Ichmen

how is this game compaired to mechwarrior online? are you forced in to a FPS/cockpit only view or can you 3rd person outside for an arial view around your mech?? 

biggest issue i had with mechwarrior is the lack of being able to change camera view made it hard for me to view my area lol 

Frankly It should not be compared to MWO. MWO is a sim and plays accordingly, Hawken is a FPS with jetpacks and plays accordingly.

No you cant go thrid person view in Hawken except when repairing.

Hawken is ok I guess, though I think Tribes Ascend actually fills this Niche better and is more fun. From the way the Hawken RMT store has evolved since I joined the game in Alpha 2 it appears monetisation will change game balance and those hoping to truly play for free are going to find doing so extremely grindy.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

alright thanks. iv seen alot of vides on this game where they show it off and go 3rd person, so just wondered if you could. i had a hell of a time with mwo inbetween sutter lag to being unable to see around my self walking in to stuff. 

shame about the rmt though. those always kill combat heavy games :/

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    watched this game for years but i guess my own hype couldnt get me into it. I guess i just like infantry fps games to much. moving around as a mech i just felt like i was iceskating (much like tribes). Great game though really. Give it a try if you are bored! Very gorgeous shooter.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.