Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Winds of Change

1235»

Comments

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Can't speak for the community... But I quit after about two months. I'm currently back in WoW. Just wasn't having fun in gw2.. I also found out I didn't really care for the changes they attempted. 
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

yes dynamic events are better in gw2 than in war and rift where you compete with other ppl for the reward, this dont happen in gw2 everyone get xp, gold and karma

theres no roles in gw2 you cant be only DPS or only support and theres no tanks

im talking about PvP not about WvW (and theres lot more skills than 6 :D )

even in DAoC who got the numbers won, same here but in both games if you had some brain and organized group you can defeat the zerg (go watch few videos on youtube)

here theres even a guide :)

http://gw2wvw.com/main/gw2wvw-beat-zerg-part-2/

yea its normal players leaving the game

it will happen in any game but theres still alot of players so i dont fell the game is deserted :)

SWTOR is free to play you dont need to buy the game to play it

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Zalmon
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Originally posted by Darth-Batman
    Its already happening but if theres something a person doesnt want to see then they wont. Its easy to not see something that you dont want to.

That is one hell of a pedantic statement. I have my eye on every new release for next year and beyond and i don't see where is this 'wind of change' alereing MMO genre for good.

You have seen the changes if you've been following MMO's. 

WoW is making changes based on GW2, Rift made changes based on GW2, TSW went b2p based on GW2, TES is looking at doing away with the trinity based on GW2. 

If you don't want to see the changes thats whats going to happen. Your likely to just brush this off and claim otherwise, but it's expected. Others are seeing it though. 

Once again B2P is not a feature of MMOS and that is not what OP is about.

You are being very vague. I am still open to admiting it if you can actually show me the 'wind of change' as it has been claimed several time in thsi topic.

And may i say that you being one of the hardcore GW2 fans, trying too hard to push this one on those who don't agree with you? and yes that is also expected.

See two can play that game.

I'm not sure what game we are playing but I'm not exactly sure how I was vauge. I've repeatedly stated changes in upcomming and current games influenced by GW2. 

TESO - Trinity/Threat changes, the adoption of the GW2 style questing system (Seemless quests or Dynamic Events they haven't clarrified this completely yet but have made refference to GW2's questing in comparisson), Combo fields. I wish I could be more detailed but all I have to go on are the interviews and information from the developers. No videos or detailed explanations as of yet. 

TSW - Adopting GW2's business model. And yes lol, business model has always been a part of MMO's. B2P isn't used typically by MMO's, seeing it used by games outside of Anet is note worthy. 

World of Warcraft - Changes in WoW can be said to be derived from other games but they did not happen until the success of GW2. Community quests were added (Yes I know War did these, but the game was not successful and the features of the game were not held in high regard due to this.), Monks gaining a bit of hybrid action style mechanics such as dodge roll. Scenarios that now don't rely on the trinity. 

Rift and LotRO - adopted "Open tapping" making it so you aren't competing with those not in your party for kills and such. Everyone gets credit grouped or not. 

Would you like me to continue?

When a games popular other developers and publishers try to find out why. They break the game down into pieces and try and figure out which pieces are the most popular. Every developer and publisher will do polls, research the forums, and make guesses as to what piece or pieces made said game popular. They then begin incorporating them. 

Developers like Blizzard try to do so while said game is in development. Others take a wait and see approach and incorperate after success has been proven. 

Seeing the influence and or impact GW2 has had on MMO's is easy, but it's also easy to close your eyes and try to ignore it or simply write it off or give credit elsewhere if you simply aren't a fan. 

I think you should because you are once again confusing payment model for a game feature. OP is about changes in terms of features not who is adopting B2P model.

As far as TESO is concerned game isn't even in alpha yet and they have already changed their game design twice. WHo know what final version be at release. And from whatever i have read so far TESO is trying to be more like Skyrim and other TES games and not like GW2. You are just trying too hard to find the similarities.

Other than that you have example of WOW where changes can be said to be influneced by GW2 although there is no clear explanation on specifics of that. And an open tapping system in LOTRO and RIFT.

So much for 'wind of change' altering face of future MMOS.  I think you are trying too ahrd here to see what isn't there but that is expected if you are a fan which follows GW2 with eyes closed.

I can't battle willful ignorance. It's a losing battle regardless of what I say so lets call it the end of the discussion between you and I. You refuse to see change, therefore you will not see change. 

The funny part is after the plethora of information given you accuse me of "following" with my eyes closed, which I believe you mean to be "As a fan of the game you simply aren't being very objective".

Enjoy your holidays my friend lol! 

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by Darth-Batman
    Its already happening but if theres something a person doesnt want to see then they wont. Its easy to not see something that you dont want to.

That is one hell of a pedantic statement. I have my eye on every new release for next year and beyond and i don't see where is this 'wind of change' alereing MMO genre for good.

You have seen the changes if you've been following MMO's. 

WoW is making changes based on GW2, Rift made changes based on GW2, TSW went b2p based on GW2, TES is looking at doing away with the trinity based on GW2. 

If you don't want to see the changes thats whats going to happen. Your likely to just brush this off and claim otherwise, but it's expected. Others are seeing it though. 

Once again B2P is not a feature of MMOS and that is not what OP is about.

You are being very vague. I am still open to admiting it if you can actually show me the 'wind of change' as it has been claimed several time in thsi topic.

And may i say that you being one of the hardcore GW2 fans, trying too hard to push this one on those who don't agree with you? and yes that is also expected.

See two can play that game.

Actually, it is. In a genre where subscription is the standard, any deviation from that norm is a feature. It is one of the "hooks" that can reel a player in. Now that we have many payment models to choose from (B2P, P2P, F2P), any one of those payment models can now be considered a "feature" as they become one of the considerations for a player when deciding which game to get.

So yes, the OP includes the payment model as well, as it IS a MMORPG feature initially found on GW2.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I think this thread and poll has done a great job in representing what actually happens in these forums. A large majority feels that the game will have ripple effects on further games, but this  vocal MINORITY continue to bash everybody that says any different. And then they accuse the GW2 supporters of being the rabid fanboys.

By the way, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all the people that voted in the poll.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.