Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want it to crash and burn.

And the nice thing is...it will.

As im sure everyone is pretty up to date on the whole steam debacle, but this development team is by far the worst i have ever seen. I makes Swtors F2P model look like the mos generous and company can be. I am an open voice and i enjoy expresing my thots about a product in which i have bought online. If they did something right i praise and if they screw up time and time again very much like this god aweful company does i like to point it out.

Im not one for wishing doom apon a game that could very well be great. But I can apprarently no longer comment on their facebook page simply due to me expressing my dislike of them posting things that have nothing to do with the problems they should have been working on. This company is ran by Grown Children, dont go on their forum and post anything negative cuz they will lash out like the petty terrible company they are. Do the gaming world a favor and do not support their soon to be aported money scam. Suppport true indie developers Like Dean Hall. Tho im not a fan of DayZ he atleast lisntes to his community and focuses on problems that could plague his soon to be releassed Stand alone. Let the War Z die and stand back and laugh as we all watch Hammerpoint crash and burn.

Comments

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    I didn't enjoy the game, but geez you shouldn't be so spiteful.
  • darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383

Im actually not usually this spiteful I love giving games the benifit of the doubt. I Really disliked GW2 but i reconized the hard work that NCsoft and ArenaNet put into the game and simply uninstalled it. Told my friends to enjoy but i would no longer be joining them. This game is just a travisty and a mockery to the MMO genra.

I have to wonder what the company will do when a reviewer gives it a bad score, because if they are banning members of their community for expressing dislike on the way they are doing things then they are in for some rough roads that say "Way of APB".

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

game was mildy enjoyable, i played it beofre all the hackers. But got bored becuase they added nothing to it and whilst they expanded the map a little its just more of the same landscapes and loot. The game needs alot more to it and it just doesnt have it.

Dayz is way better.

i doubt hammerpoint really care, they made a tonne of money from preorders ofr very little work.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• HazukiStyleHazukiStyle Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Originally posted by Abuz0r

I would generally agree with not being spiteful about a game which you don't like.  That said, the people behind War Z have displayed some pretty negative business practices; lying to consumers, insulting people, banning accounts without cause, admins killing players as well as giving out weapons/aid, a cash store which takes away the survival aspect and allows instant revives, etc.  I believe as gamers in general we should not award such practices and should act, deservedly, spiteful towards the perpetrators.

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531
    'the hell is "The War Z"?  Just the name itself is a failure.   Is this really being hyped?   
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Well I want it to burn and then crash ;)

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Too bad you'll be dissapointed, there's more chance for something actually happening tonight for Z end of the Z World, than this crashing and burning any time soon.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

If Mortal Online can limp along for years, this game will probably keep going forever. It is at least mostly functional.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• GrimFaustGrimFaust Member Posts: 11

I agree, I'd like to see this game crash and disappear. Their treatment of customers puts them on a level that I wouldn't even consider them a game company. It seems like a shoddy operation run by a bunch of mouthy brats that are in over their heads and riding the temporary success for all it's worth. Their support is a joke. I tried finding out why I was banned for explaining on the forums about why I got a refund and I get this response:

Wesley (The War Z Survivor Support)

Dec 13 13:51 (PST)

I'm sorry your experience on the forums has been so poor, but unfortunately, there's nothing I can do. I have no way of verifying anything, so I'm afraid that account is banned for good.

Really? They're sorry they're bastards but they won't do anything? That's awesome customer support. At first I wanted them to fix the issue so I could rebuy the game without the fear of being banned. Now I want to see them all lose their jobs because they clearly aren't doing anything worth being paid for.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Seems to be the new hipster thing.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• ElijarhElijarh Member UncommonPosts: 84

Just briefly saw forum message and not read into it at all.. But i saw this yesterday if it's anything to do with it..?? No idea.. I'm cooking burgers :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20796455

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by darkrain21

And the nice thing is...it will.

As im sure everyone is pretty up to date on the whole steam debacle, but this development team is by far the worst i have ever seen. I makes Swtors F2P model look like the mos generous and company can be. I am an open voice and i enjoy expresing my thots about a product in which i have bought online. If they did something right i praise and if they screw up time and time again very much like this god aweful company does i like to point it out.

Im not one for wishing doom apon a game that could very well be great. But I can apprarently no longer comment on their facebook page simply due to me expressing my dislike of them posting things that have nothing to do with the problems they should have been working on. This company is ran by Grown Children, dont go on their forum and post anything negative cuz they will lash out like the petty terrible company they are. Do the gaming world a favor and do not support their soon to be aported money scam. Suppport true indie developers Like Dean Hall. Tho im not a fan of DayZ he atleast lisntes to his community and focuses on problems that could plague his soon to be releassed Stand alone. Let the War Z die and stand back and laugh as we all watch Hammerpoint crash and burn.

and what we see here, ladies and gentlemen, is the local forumtroll in his natural behaviour.

if all your posts look like that, i would ban you from my gamepages too. no one needs trolls dude, no one cares about them... but those who feed and/or hunt trolls :)

you didn't like this game? fine, move along, nothing to say anymore. at least not when you can't calm down and behave like a grown up.

"huehuehuehue ise do notse likes the game! IT MUSTSE BURNSE!"

yeaaa whatever dude, whatever.

and the only thing that made me laugh in here is you :) 

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

Suppport true indie developers Like Dean Hall. Tho im not a fan of DayZ he atleast lisntes to his community and focuses on problems that could plague his soon to be releassed Stand alone. Let the War Z die and stand back and laugh as we all watch Hammerpoint crash and burn.

I may be wrong, but didn't they hire the guy that created the DayZ mod to run the dev team creating WarZ ?

Thought for sure there was an entire thread and announcment about that awhile back on here.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Quicksand

Suppport true indie developers Like Dean Hall. Tho im not a fan of DayZ he atleast lisntes to his community and focuses on problems that could plague his soon to be releassed Stand alone. Let the War Z die and stand back and laugh as we all watch Hammerpoint crash and burn.

I may be wrong, but didn't they hire the guy that created the DayZ mod to run the dev team creating WarZ ?

Thought for sure there was an entire thread and announcment about that awhile back on here.

yep, and they are also listening to player concerns.

that guy is just trolling, give him his red hering and just pass the bridge :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

The creator of DayZ was offered a job by the creators of ARMA to make an official release/version of DayZ.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Well I had more fun playing War Z than I did GW2..

Are they jumping on the zombie band wagon becasue of dayZ.. hell yeah I am pretty sure they are..

It was not a bad game and well worth the few £ i piad for it..

YEs they messed up on steam pretty bad and they paid the price for it, steam will be keeping an eye on them before putting it back up for sale im sure..

Wil lthe game crash and burn .. lol nope sorry OP you will ahve to go cry about some other game..

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by GrimFaust

The creator of DayZ was offered a job by the creators of ARMA to make an official release/version of DayZ.

Actually he already worked for them

Originally posted by Thane

Kinda what I thought. I know that when Madden 13 released I had the same experience On the EA facebook page. I complained so much they blocked my account so I couldn't post any more :) 

While I was upset with the debacle that was Madden 13 and my following ban from thier page (I got tired of them posting that CC was the same thing as Franchise mode, it is NOT). But I just moved on. Can't blame someone trying to run a buisness for not letting someone stand in front of their store shouting THIS PLACE SUCKS if they have the ability to stop them.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

Originally posted by Caldrin

Actually he already worked for them

I know, I was just saying that he was offered a new job to be the project lead for a DayZ standalone. I think that's where the confusion is. He still is and has been with Bohemia for a while.

Kinda what I thought. I know that when Madden 13 released I had the same experience On the EA facebook page. I complained so much they blocked my account so I couldn't post any more :) 

While I was upset with the debacle that was Madden 13 and my following ban from thier page (I got tired of them posting that CC was the same thing as Franchise mode, it is NOT). But I just moved on. Can't blame someone trying to run a buisness for not letting someone stand in front of their store shouting THIS PLACE SUCKS if they have the ability to stop them.

Thane's info is wrong. This is the developer of DayZ:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Hall_(game_designer)

He has nothing to do with The War Z, aside being ripped off by them.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Actually, gamers should wish for the swift demise of crappy developers/games. If we all did this, and not dropped our cash on all these horrible titles, the industry would be in far better shape.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• lostscout5lostscout5 Member Posts: 57

I was fortunate I guess. I never had any problems on the forums or  with support. I quit playing because...

A. War Z isn't really an MMO, it's a FPS. It has almost no MMO features. Don't get me wrong I like FPS's, but I was looking for a MMO.

B. It's not a "Zombie survival game" it's a PvP game. The zombies are a minor nuisance at best. After the first 2 days of playing I was NEVER killed by zombie's. I died at least once a day, sometimes 2 or 3 times, at the hands of other players.

C. Hacker city. WOW nothing sucks more than shooting someone in the head at  point blank range with a M4 to NO effect. Except perhaps getting killed by an invisible player. It's one thing to get beat by someone who out fights you, but the cheats were too much.

Maybe some day War Z will be a good MMOFPS, but not yet. And the way they are going it's not going to be around long enough for that to happen.

Thane's info is wrong. This is the developer of DayZ:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Hall_(game_designer)

I claim to know nothing for certain regarding it, but regardless of what his name is or his wiki page, I do know there were articles claiming that the dev for the DayZ mod was being hired by the Arma company to create a stand alone version of the mod and was given a full dev team. If that changed and they ripped him off then mayhaps someone should have said something.

But as far as I can tell from what I have come across, the guy that made the DayZ mod is the guy running things for the WarZ team.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

But as far as I can tell from what I have come across, the guy that made the DayZ mod is the guy running things for the WarZ team.

Eh?

As far as I know, the standalone Dayz is a different developer than Warz so where do you get this information?

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

Dean Hall has nothing to do with The War Z and never has. That wouldn't even make sense. He just got a promo to make his game a reality through Bohemia. Why would he turn around and lead The War Z? He would be fired by Bohemia for a conflict of interest. Not only that, but Sergey Titov (Sp?) is the the head of Hammerpoint/WarZ.
This discussion has been closed.