Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A great surprise from a MMO company.

DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Hello all.

First I will say that I know League of Legends is not a "MMORPG" but rather some other mixture of letters.  That said, I want to share this e-mail I got with them.

As you know (or don't know) LoL is a free to play game with a cash shop.  You use Riot Points to purchase skins/characters/boosts.  I enjoy the game here and there (though haven't played it in probbaly a month or two).  But I digress, here is the e-mail.

"League of Legends - Your account has been credited 910 RP!‏

We recently announced that we would be putting five legendary skins on sale in the coming weeks and we noticed that you had purchased 1 of these legendary skins at full price in the past.

Since players sometimes purchase legendary skins because of their reputation that they never go on sale, we have decided to issue you a proactive refund for the difference between the initial purchase price and the sale price. The amount of this refund should already have been credited to your account, and is yours to spend however you choose. Please note that this refund may not be reflected in your current point total in the client until you attempt to make your next purchase in the League of Legends Store. You do not have to complete a purchase in order for it to update.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to go to our support site at http://support.leagueoflegends.com and submit an inquiry with the subject "Proactive Legendary Skin Compensation." Please be sure to include your username, summoner name, and "Proactive Compensation" in the message as well as your question or concern.

This proactive refund program is all part of our continuing commitment to bringing you the best possible player support. Thank you for playing League of Legends, and we hope to see you out there on the Fields of Justice!'

How incredibly kind of them.  They could have not given me anything.  They could have just made the sale and I would have been Spit outta luck.  But like a good company, state farm is there...oh wait, wrong company.  But anyways...I just wanted to share this with you all.  In my 13 years of online gaming, i have rarely ever had a company be so kind to it's customers.  So...yep, there ya go.  Huzzah for LoL and their Public Relations.  Now to fall for their marketing ploy and begin playing again...lol

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

Comments

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    May I ask which skins you purchased? Some of them are just terrible. Quite a few are literally just the same body but one or 2 colours changed. Then you have a few like Nightmare Cho where their entire being was changed to one colour. Scuba Gragas? EWWW! I do like Safari Caitlyn and Annie in Wonderland though.
  • DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867
    I haven't logged in yet, but the only "epic" skin I purchased I think was Alien Heimerdinger?  Cost like 1900 riot points...lol pathetic I know, but it is so cool :P

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.