Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Issue 5 Launched

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Funcom has announced that The Secret World has been updated with the latest patch. Issue 5: The Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn has been released and brings with it new content and "a brand new and revealing story arc".

But that is not all you get with Issue #5. On the 21st of December all Hell breaks loose both in the real world and the virtual. The apocalypse is coming just as the Mayans predicted. In The Secret World this will take the form of an End of Days event filled with new monsters and challenges.

The Event will run from the 21st and will last until The Secret World’s servers are destroyed by rampaging zombies or until a new dawn rises on the world once again. A competition will be running during the event, and the players who do the most to stem this tide of darkness will get unique rewards.

Read more on The Secret World's site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

There’s quite a bit more in this update than I was expecting, gj Funcom!

• M1tahM1tah Member Posts: 1
    Looks great :)
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

"I don't want to go to my death with bad hair!"  I feel the same way.

Looking forward to seeing the world events.  I'm already enjoying the offline game they started as well.  

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 630
    Yeah having the satisfication of solving some of the ARG by oneself has as much reward, emotionally, as playing the game itself :-)
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Oooh sounds like fun. *scurries off to update client*

Joined - July 2004

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Benbrada
    Yeah having the satisfication of solving some of the ARG by oneself has as much reward, emotionally, as playing the game itself :-)

The ARGs are really a cool sideline for this game.

As far as the new issue is concerned, it looks very good, possibly the best one so far.  Will be looking forward to the 21st.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Hell yeah. heading home from work. god damn tram wont go faster!

Hodor!

• blackhawkzzblackhawkzz Member Posts: 53
    Looks awesome finely get hotkeyed potions and gadgets bar :D the new tyler freeborn mission is apparently the best mission ingame, we'll see :p
  • IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193
    random dude doing gangnam style at the end...
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

It's official. Funcom and TSW have the fastest content delivery in the industry.

Well done Funcom. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ArteanArtean Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Just a little more killing in PS2, then back to TSW!

When in doubt, troll.

Originally posted by bcbully

It's official. Funcom and TSW have the fastest content delivery in the industry.

Well done Funcom. 

We've heard a couple other games promise "monthly content updates" before.  I have to admit that I was very sceptical when Funcom made the claim with TSW.

Not only have they made good on the claim, but the monthly issues have actually been pretty impressive in their size and quality.  They've added some really nice missions and features to the game with each update, and this issue looks like the best one yet.

I know it went free to play, but it's still worth a subscription to me.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Zombie invasion? Consuables (tons of them in this game) on a hotbar, another layer to combat?

Patching now.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

Well done Funcom. 

Although being a TSW fanboi I think that Trion was and probably is (don't know exactly because I stopped playing last year) faster updating Rift. Still, FC does really good job with TSW. Playing since headstart and still having lot of fun.

Originally posted by Piiritus

Well done Funcom. 

Although being a TSW fanboi I think that Trion was and probably is (don't know exactly because I stopped playing last year) faster updating Rift. Still, FC does really good job with TSW. Playing since headstart and still having lot of fun.

Trion does well in supporting RIFT too, just as Funcom has done with TSW.

Who's faster?  I don't think it matters.

It's just nice to see that there are some game companies out there that are doing a great job in supporting their games.

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Trion does a great job for Rift as well. Gotta support those smaller companies. 

Hodor!

• Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by Coolit

There’s quite a bit more in this update than I was expecting, gj Funcom!

A lot more than I was expecting too..  Was up all night finishing the damn mission guides!

But the Tyler Freeborn mission series is very very very cool!

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319

TSW has absolutely the best vocie acting, dialouges and story arcs. You guys have to play new long stoy line, it will just blow you away. It makes GW2 and SWTOR look like work of amateurs!

I dont know why i didn't discover this game sooner.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

I just started to play TSW Monday, so this is real fast for me ;) Kinda upset i couldnt play before going to work today lol.

But as a sandbox junkie, giving TSW a try was something i wasnt planning on doing. But so far from the small amount of time i got to play it seemed rather nice and look forward to looking into the game more. I do like the concept and so far everything runs smooth.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

I can't seem to get into TSW... I bought it and paused... I got lost somewhere... and dragged my feet.

Today I logged back in... and started again... got a little further.. and the server went down (for maintenance).

That being said... you all should be doing the ARG.  Don't cheat the first time.  Do it honest the first time and then cheat for the star.  The ARG consumed my entire morning.

I highly recommend it... (and some of the bonus items you get for solving different parts of it).