Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The War Z: Under Fire on Steam

Comments

• Bl4ck3nDBl4ck3nD Member UncommonPosts: 114
    A survival game where if you have an active credit and money to burn, you can buy most things needed to survive in the cash shop, which in my eyes defeats the purpose of survival. It's sort of like going on a survival camping trek into the wilderness and bringing a Winnebago with all the trimmings and parking it 10mins away from a grocery store.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Well what do you know.. guess i have to eat my words.

Good thing for all the people who got the game of steam and was not happy about it.

But i guess Valve also "misread"  the material =P

This have been a good conversation

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Mykell

From Forbes article:

Many people are criticizing Valve for what is obviously an unfinished product showing up in their store. The problem appears to be a simple one. Because the game’s publisher had a game on Steam previously, their new titles can skip the review process, giving The War Z a free pass through the back door.

ya sounds like they got in the backdoor of some players as well.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Well the only people i feel sorry for now are the ones who got the game from the company direct, they seem to be unable to get a refund.

Not every day you find something that make DF look like a solid deal.

This have been a good conversation

• KtaraKtara Member Posts: 37
    I read on PCgamer that they were banning accounts for no reason to make people buy it again.  Nice way to gain customer support there...wow.  DayZ is probably loving all this, it's going to make that game all the better :)
  • PhayzPhayz Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by Bl4ck3nD
    A survival game where if you have an active credit and money to burn, you can buy most things needed to survive in the cash shop, which in my eyes defeats the purpose of survival. It's sort of like going on a survival camping trek into the wilderness and bringing a Winnebago with all the trimmings and parking it 10mins away from a grocery store.

Sure they can buy some ammo/food/armor/melee weapon...but they have to find the guns, and just because they have those guns doesn't make them invincible, you can get stuck in a shitty situation pretty fast...especially on the 100player servers. 

• SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by Vhaln
    Originally posted by Razeekster

I just have to say that I never ever bought into WarZ because I knew that it was a scam. I mean it came right after the hugely popular mod called "DayZ" and they decide to call their game "WarZ?" That instantly grabbed my attention and I sort of knew.

I'm not really surprised with how much lying this company seems to be comfortable with doing, but I was a little shocked when they said that the playerbase "misread" what they wrote. I mean really? Blaming the entire population for misreading such blatant lies? They really screwed up on that one and I can't see this game being a success after such a failure to even do something as simple as make an honest apology.

I'll be waiting for the DayZ MMO.

Same here.  If they were serious about WarZ, and making it a great game that could stand on its own, they'd have named it something else.  The name alone was a massive red flag for me.  I still might have given it chance, if it somehow proved itself, but instead, it just appears to be proving our skepticism well placed.

There are many zombie things that use Z, dayz did not invent it.  I think they made the name from there other game war inc and added a Z to it more then ripping off dayz

• Bl4ck3nDBl4ck3nD Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by Phayz
    Originally posted by Bl4ck3nD

Sure they can buy some ammo/food/armor/melee weapon...but they have to find the guns, and just because they have those guns doesn't make them invincible, you can get stuck in a shitty situation pretty fast...especially on the 100player servers. 

But it still detracts from the idea of a survival sitution, if Richie Ritch can run about the game not worrying about his ammo levels his food, armour and medical supplies, granted he has to find a gun but once he does, he and his ritch buddies can play the game at a huge advantage, no need for supply runs and you can bank any weapon you find so you don't have start over.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Someone needs to sue the heck out of these companys false advertising. Like Blops 2 with the 24-7 nuketown for life crap. You know a game is bad when they have to scam you for your purchase. Sickening.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by orbitxo

ok- i ve been following this game from day one. and did purchase it.

Iam not a hardcore player of the game- but they are NOT SCAMMERS, thats a pretty harsh word to use for a company to have delivered a product in development (as they have stated from day one) and i presume the people using this word had either fallen out with them, are juvenille or dont know much about the game.

So it is not a scam to list the game as having over a dozen skills to spend experience points on and yet not have anyhting like that in the game?

It is not a scam to list the game as having 100km to 400km of map and yet the highest realistic measurement is 72km?

It is not a scam to list the game as having private servers when that feature is also not active?

Lets be serious for a moment.  Sergy himself said the game is in release.  Please dont come here and say people should know the game is in beta or alpha or whatever excuse you have.  Sergy provided the sales page and INTENTIONALLY listed features NOT in the game.  Are some of those features coming soon, yep but that is NOT what Sergy said.  He said those features were in the game NOW at RELEASE.  This was clearly false and Valve made him change the page in less than 24 hours.  If lying about product features is not a scam then maybe you could provide us with your definition of a scam is?  To me, anyone selling a product as A but actually delivering B is trying to scam me.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• FurankuFuranku Member UncommonPosts: 9

My two sense no one should be telling anyone what game to or not to buy. I bought WarZ in hopes for a good Survival Horror Game. Its not that, its full of hackers, aimbotters and if you know a single thing about editing byte codes you can edit whatever amont you have with anything.

However, I am not whinning or bitching, I did buy the game when they did say clearly its alpha. I expect the game to unrendered, missing shadow, bad AI pathfinding and well overall shitting gameplay. The Idea of the game is really good and maybe the same as the MOD DayZ. But the fact remain; its a game in alpha stages expect shitty gameplay. -_- A Scam would be saying "Oh I have this game, give me money" and never giving you a game you can login in. . . to or even exist like KickStarter Projects. However, you all should just take a deep breathe; its only a game. I bet you people who are bitching believe the world is ending on the 21st.

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    I feel sorry for the workers that have spent their time programming this, to see their work go 'up in flames' so to speak. 

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• FurankuFuranku Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Smoey, they still have a  big enough following to do what they need to do. If they just get a better CGD the game could do really well for itself.
  • DeadvoltDeadvolt Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore
    Someone needs to sue the heck out of these companys false advertising. Like Blops 2 with the 24-7 nuketown for life crap. You know a game is bad when they have to scam you for your purchase. Sickening.

If there's a class action lawsuit inbound, sign me up! Worst purchase of my life, is the any way to get a refund if you purchased directly from them?

Ganking? Me!? That's absurd!! I leave THAT to the lawyers!

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185
    the BoreZ

hallo ~_~

Originally posted by Talonsin

Iam not a hardcore player of the game- but they are NOT SCAMMERS, thats a pretty harsh word to use for a company to have delivered a product in development (as they have stated from day one) and i presume the people using this word had either fallen out with them, are juvenille or dont know much about the game.

So it is not a scam to list the game as having over a dozen skills to spend experience points on and yet not have anyhting like that in the game?

It is not a scam to list the game as having 100km to 400km of map and yet the highest realistic measurement is 72km?

It is not a scam to list the game as having private servers when that feature is also not active?

Lets be serious for a moment.  Sergy himself said the game is in release.  Please dont come here and say people should know the game is in beta or alpha or whatever excuse you have.  Sergy provided the sales page and INTENTIONALLY listed features NOT in the game.  Are some of those features coming soon, yep but that is NOT what Sergy said.  He said those features were in the game NOW at RELEASE.  This was clearly false and Valve made him change the page in less than 24 hours.  If lying about product features is not a scam then maybe you could provide us with your definition of a scam is?  To me, anyone selling a product as A but actually delivering B is trying to scam me.

Maybe you missed the part where he (sergy) explains (and has been for quite a while) that it's a FOUNDATION release...a foundation release and full fledge release are two different things.

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188

game's dead now over this; I'll call it now.

Dont mention the steam thing on the official forum.  I just got perma-banned for answering someones question about why it happen and mentioning it was immoral to post features of a game on the sales page that were not in the game.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    Sergey Titov -
    “We also want to extend our apologies to all players who misread (????) information about game features."

They didnt misread a damn thing you TWIT, you falsly advertised you're game!

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby

Maybe you missed the part where he (sergy) explains (and has been for quite a while) that it's a FOUNDATION release...a foundation release and full fledge release are two different things.

You can call it what you want but when you sell a game on your website and on steam and have a working microtransaction shop in the game, the game is released.  In the summer Sergy will call it Supplemental Release and next Christmas he will call it a Primary Release.  You can call a poo a rose but that dont make it one.

LOL I havent heard any developer call something a foundation release....acctualy ever, in fact im quite sure that such a thing does not exist. What he meant ot say was BETA but couldnt otherwise he would have opened his company up to some serious lawsuits.

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
    Originally posted by ianicus

LOL I havent heard any developer call something a foundation release....acctualy ever, in fact im quite sure that such a thing does not exist. What he meant ot say was BETA but couldnt otherwise he would have opened his company up to some serious lawsuits.

DayZ is coming out with a foundation release...http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/36771692833/dev-report-november-2012

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    GOOD YES! I hope this game gets shud down! This company is just trying to cap on DayZ sucess...glad i got my refun 2 weeks in beta! Company is currupt and lies to there customers are worthless...

Originally posted by ianicus

DayZ is coming out with a foundation release...http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/36771692833/dev-report-november-2012

You go ahead and look up "foundation release" on google and see if ANY other game has done one...I couldnt find one, seems this looks like a new thing companies are going to start doing to mitigate any possible legal action for unfinished products, pathetic, and beware of foundation releases IMO.