Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doese Bioware/EA hire people to post on forums?

124»

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Scot

Well people who work in the gaming industry do not sign a contract saying they cannot post on gaming forums. I do wish they would declare themselves though, as their opinions are hardly unbiased.

So disgruntled, butthurt gamers are not biased or their bias is somehow acceptable and fine? Should they also declare themselves and Who else should do so?

• frblackfrblack Member Posts: 21

they have to hire knights to troll for them... it seems minecraft takes all the players nowadays - pretty disturbing to see all my friends (who i used to play mmogs with) spending more and more time with that game.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Hi there EA!

I am positive comment TOR ...pls pay me for it !

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by Scot

Well people who work in the gaming industry do not sign a contract saying they cannot post on gaming forums. I do wish they would declare themselves though, as their opinions are hardly unbiased.

So disgruntled, butthurt gamers are not biased or their bias is somehow acceptable and fine? Should they also declare themselves and Who else should do so?

So you are stating that no one should be able to have an opinion? Scot has a point, people who work for a company will plug their product for a multitude of reasons. The least not being job security. Would it be wise to say "Well... my products sucks" when you are trying to get sales? No. They are biased as they work for the company. Do you understand now?

You are stating that its the exact same as the consumers opinion. A consumer isn't biased just because they dislike a product. 

Originally posted by madazzYou are stating that its the exact same as the consumers opinion.

It is the same because any opinion may be biased, regardless whether you are consumer or producer.

"??? sucks" is as biased as "??? rocks", regardless who makes the statement. Argument from authority is fallacious argument.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

Ive given my opinion on SWTOR , Ill leave it at that.

What I do find amazing are some of these swtor posters that defend this mmo (i refuse to call it a mmorpg) to the very end acting like it perfect, finding any way to twist reality to defend the greed of EA / Bioware.

Ive even seen people defend the fact they are charging for content after basically giving the swtor player base nothing for a year.

I read someone defending the fact that ea /bioware charged subs for holiday items.

How many people on these forums if any or on other website forums do you think Ea pays to post positive feedback on swtor?

I see a lot of agents on this site recently.

No idea where they come from.

Watch out for people having 1 or 2 posts total and come here to hail this game or that game, whatever interrests they have.

Would my company build MMORPGs, i'd have serveral accounts here to discuss about the game and let it look like ... you know.

On one hand its bad, because we dont get neutral feedback anymore, on the other hand, MMORPG.com is a commercial company, Bill has family as well so i think its logical to get bucks for "tuned" feedback, but i dont know if thats really the case.

Then there is the fact, that every 12 year old can post crap here about games and may defend "his" game because its so cute for him. Well, my kids wanna play Nostale with me, you would wonder, how many people play that game, lol.

My kids always defend their game for sure :)

Im not sure if people get paied to spread a companies word but it would fit the corporation policies.

Learn about corporations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pin8fbdGV9Y

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

Oh its a SWTOR bashing thread ? lmao

Everyone can play SWTOR now and see by himself if its a game to go or not.

Im actually a subsciber for the - for my taste - excellent PvP with a high learning curve.

WoW on the other hand is - compared to actual titles - completely out-of-date.

SWTOR has the second best PvP i ever played, only topped by AoC as my personal 1st place.

It comes always down to a personal opinion.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by niceguy3978
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    Every MMo has its rabid fan base...but why single out only SWTOR? they are too mild in comparison to GW2 fans.

I think now the Darkfall fans have come out to show GW2 fans who the "real fans" are.

100% accurate.  Ive seen the same people bash, hate and call fanbois the worst thing in MMO's, one poster in particular even has a rather negative signature towards fanbois.  What is funny about that poster is he countlessly praises every decision AV makes about the game and even went as far as to say that DF may have alot of problems but is still a great game.  DF fans are way more wierder then any GW2 fan imo.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by madazz

You are stating that its the exact same as the consumers opinion.

It is the same because any opinion may be biased, regardless whether you are consumer or producer.

"??? sucks" is as biased as "??? rocks", regardless who makes the statement. Argument from authority is fallacious argument.

It's not. One is more likely to falsify a review or an opinion if they work for the company. It is common sense. This is how reviewing works. This is why Sony doesn't review their own movies, and when they did (Spiderman), they made up fake newspapers and reviewer names.

I won't even argue this with you as there is an overwhelming majority thoughout the world in many different industries that disagree with you. 

Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by niceguy3978
    Every MMo has its rabid fan base...but why single out only SWTOR? they are too mild in comparison to GW2 fans.

I think now the Darkfall fans have come out to show GW2 fans who the "real fans" are.

100% accurate.  Ive seen the same people bash, hate and call fanbois the worst thing in MMO's, one poster in particular even has a rather negative signature towards fanbois.  What is funny about that poster is he countlessly praises every decision AV makes about the game and even went as far as to say that DF may have alot of problems but is still a great game.  DF fans are way more wierder then any GW2 fan imo.

I think fanboys from one game to another are no worse than each other. Each group has their moment in the spotlight and as such are highlighted as the worst or most fanatical during that period. Right now, its DF's turn, next... who knows?

Originally posted by madazz

One is more likely to falsify a review or an opinion if they work for the company.

Yeah, because there is something like "right review or an opinion" to be falsified...

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

A popular MMO doesn't need to pay people to defend it, a failing MMO does. 

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Why pay for that which many will do for free?

It is a great conspiracy theory but you are not the first to suggest it. I would recommend trying out The Secret World. It seems like it will solve two problems for you right out the door.

All die, so die well.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,742

You can’t compare an industry guy posting on here to a fanboy. Fanboys are easy to spot, they tend to aggregate in the forums of the latest game out and have a blind spot for their game.

Declaring your involvement in the industry would add weight to your comments but allow posters to see where you are coming from. I am not suggesting posters say what company they work for, or wear a badge so we can always identify them. Some do say what their involvement is, it allows you to see what the other side actually think about the issues we raise.

The one type of gaming company person that I doubt you will see on here is the corporate executive. They probably regard these sort of forums as little more than graffiti.

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

I agree, the SWTOR fan base is nothing compared to GW2 when it comes to fan advertising. If anyone should be accused to hiring posters it should be ArenaNet.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

Ive given my opinion on SWTOR , Ill leave it at that.

What I do find amazing are some of these swtor posters that defend this mmo (i refuse to call it a mmorpg) to the very end acting like it perfect, finding any way to twist reality to defend the greed of EA / Bioware.

Ive even seen people defend the fact they are charging for content after basically giving the swtor player base nothing for a year.

I read someone defending the fact that ea /bioware charged subs for holiday items.

How many people on these forums if any or on other website forums do you think Ea pays to post positive feedback on swtor?

yea, because obviously everyone who is not agreeing with you MUST be payed by the devs.

never thought of the fact that people might have own opinions that differ from yours? grow up

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

This discussion has been closed.