Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MechWarrior Online: New Update Brings Big New Features

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,039MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Piranha Games and Infinite Games have announced that the final MechWarrior Online update for 2012 has been deployed that brings a bevy of big features online including three new mechs, a new Conquest Mode, New Year's items, an economy update and Cadet bonuses among other things. Check out the celebratory trailer and let us know what you think!

Conquest Mode - a key game mode inspired by the BattleTech franchise, Conquest Mode puts five capturable locations on the map, each of which give players points over time as they are held. Players can neutralize and then capture enemy locations by standing on them. Cooperation among your lance is more important than ever as competing teams will constantly be trying to outflank the other and new strategies will need to be formed to win the match. 

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Covington, LAPosts: 555Member
    Woo! Can't wait for the game to come back up and check out the new goodies!

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• drtack1drtack1 jacksonville, FLPosts: 254Member Uncommon

I tried the game..........just doesnt feel like my good ol MW2.............I really enjoyed MW2 online lol. 

• JyiigaJyiiga Seneca, SCPosts: 1,047Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by drtack1

I tried the game..........just doesnt feel like my good ol MW2.............I really enjoyed MW2 online lol. 

As much as I like the older Mech titles MW2 and the lot were not nearly as polished or balanced. Everyone ran around in large mechs with medium pulse lasers. With the newer titles there is a reason to use mechs from every weight class and no one setup is dominating the matches. 

• TithenonTithenon Everett, WAPosts: 111Member Uncommon

I agree; MechWarrior Online is a superior game.  It FEELS like BattleTech to me.  The 'Mechs are right, the speeds are right, even if the numbers remain skewed.  MechWarrior 3 was the only other game that FELT like BattleTech.  Being able to jumpjet all over the place in MechWarrior 2, PPCs as balls of energy rather than lightning jumping from particle group to partical group, and contracts that felt right, but were incomplete made the MechWarrior 2 series feel like a video game rather than a simulator.

I am becoming more and more tempted each new day to return to MWO, but I'm just not interested in the social dynamics of the current community, anymore.