Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Hardware Review] General: Aperion Zona Wireless Speaker Review

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

For many of us, sound in the games we play is a critical component of our immersion. In our latest hardware review, we take a look at the Aperion Zona Wireless Speakers. See how they stack up and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

The Zona is a small, powered bookshelf speaker. They measure only about 10” high and are 6” in depth and width. The black MDF (medium density fiberboard) cabinet is curvy in the back, differentiating itself from the herd of black rectangular boxes, the ubiquitous shape of bookshelf speakers. They have a 1” silk-dome tweeter, a 4.5” fiberglass woofer and a tuned bass port you hardly notice as it is a slot in the front rather than the round cobweb attracting hole that many ported speakers have in the back. They each have a class D (uses very little electricity) 20 watt amplifier which is bi-amped – i.e. the tweeter and the woofer are powered separately – with DSP (Digital Signal Processing) technology and with all those electronics inside, weigh a solid seven pounds each. 

Read more of Carolyn Koh's Aperion Zona Wireless Speaker Review.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NoobalurtNoobalurt Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I got a Aperion Audios Verus Gran Tower 5.0 setup, and absoulty love them.   Great to see you give these guys some love! :)
  • EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

... ... ... Ok this goos to far for me haha, C'mon having single player games, non-mmo's review and "ads" is "bad" enough. Do we realy need some random hardware reviews also ? I hope mmorpg.com aint turning in yet a other general review "gaming"site, its not what kept me comming here for the past six years.

/shrug I guess its a bit like games, after 6 years you get that feeling theres better stuff on the market that focues more on what you want instead of what you dont want..

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

i have never been a fan of wireless but i must wonder how is the wifi setup on these? is there any signal loss from distance or object blocking?? or is it perfectly clear as if it was hardwired?

i havent touched wireless stuff since the early 90s when mince ate batteries like crack addicts and the signal loss was pretty noticeable even when its 0.1mm from the receiver..

• JHicksJHicks Member Posts: 1

Hello Ichmen,

Jason from Aperon Audio here.  The Zona Wireless speakers use a 2.4 GHz signal so objects do not usually present a problem and they can be up to 100 feet from the transmitter.  I have seen them have a little bit of trouble going through multiple concrete walls, but for most residential construction its not ususally an issue if the transmitter is in a different room than the speakers. 

I hope that helps but please let me know if you have any other questions!