Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

40 GIGS DOWNLOAD!?

DrakadenDrakaden Member UncommonPosts: 138

WHAT THE HELL???

Comments

• FieditaFiedita Member UncommonPosts: 25
    It's worth the download, every GB of it! ;)
  • OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    I told you not to buy that 39 GB hard drive!
  • bingo69bingo69 Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Originally posted by Fiedita

x2, since it's buy to play now. it worth every damn penny of it. TSW will be the demise of GW2 now lmao.

• AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201

It  was about 25 gb for me and i do not remember my screen ever looking like yours, mine was off the launher, are you installing in linux or off some site you bought it off?  I would get it off game site if you are.

If it is up to 40gb, thats insane lol

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by AreWeLive

It  was about 25 gb for me and i do not remember my screen ever looking like yours, mine was off gte launher, are you installing in linux or off some site you bought it off?  I would get it off game site if you are.

If it is up to 40gb, thats insane lol

Looks like steam to me.

• DrakadenDrakaden Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by Oberholzer
    I told you not to buy that 39 GB hard drive!

Lol! I can make space on my drive if needs be, but hot damn, 40 gigs in one shot! Most games just make the contents download as you go, this will take a full day to get! Not to mention bandwitch!

This is from Steam, windows vista platform.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    It takes up 33.1gb on my hd.  That is downloading it directly through funcom rather than steam.
  • aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

currently mine takes up about 33g. its taking up 33gb of FREE space.

• EnerzealEnerzeal Member Posts: 326
    What are you moaning about? Get better internets, buy the CD, download it in bits, steam will let you do that, moan moan moan.
  • DrakadenDrakaden Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by Enerzeal
    What are you moaning about? Get better internets, buy the CD, download it in bits, steam will let you do that, moan moan moan.

Troll troll troll, it's the first time i see a game making me download 40 gigs in a single blow, it's quite a shock!

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Always get the hard copy ;) Then just update it lol, much faster.
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Dude steam downloads so fast its rediculous.
  • RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    I went the hard copy route myself. much easier specially since you have to install after that.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

What are you moaning about? Get better internets

^not always possible^

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• Oracle_FefeOracle_Fefe Member CommonPosts: 221

I don't think it's the time he is worried about (Steam states it will take several hours to download games for me yet takes half an hour at best.)

Rather, the GB size of the game is massive compared to even a game like World of Warcraft (25 or so GB give or take.)

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Originally posted by Oracle_Fefe

I don't think it's the time he is worried about (Steam states it will take several hours to download games for me yet takes half an hour at best.)

Rather, the GB size of the game is massive compared to even a game like World of Warcraft (25 or so GB give or take.)

THough at the same time, TSW has been said to have the top 3 rating in Graphics. If not First for how heavily it can hit your system. Even in DX9 it looks beautiful.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• minttunatorminttunator Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Originally posted by Rayshe

THough at the same time, TSW has been said to have the top 3 rating in Graphics. If not First for how heavily it can hit your system. Even in DX9 it looks beautiful.

Yeah, we can't seriously compare this: 

http://mmohuts.com/wp-content/gallery/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-character-selection.jpg?ec9f9b

to this: 

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oiizh3J4o3g/UHokZq8qMVI/AAAAAAAABGc/t3qsTt_Recs/s1600/The-Secret-World-Character-Creation.jpg

TSW is by far the most graphically advanced MMO on the market, at least in technical terms. I.e. we can argue about the artstyle, but in terms of texture resolution, polygon count etc, nothing else in the genre comes close. It's no wonder the assets are large. 

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by minttunator
    Originally posted by Rayshe

Yeah, we can't seriously compare this: 

http://mmohuts.com/wp-content/gallery/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-character-selection.jpg?ec9f9b

to this: 

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oiizh3J4o3g/UHokZq8qMVI/AAAAAAAABGc/t3qsTt_Recs/s1600/The-Secret-World-Character-Creation.jpg

TSW is by far the most graphically advanced MMO on the market, at least in technical terms. I.e. we can argue about the artstyle, but in terms of texture resolution, polygon count etc, nothing else in the genre comes close. It's no wonder the assets are large. 

Of all the things you shouldn't try to brag up, it's the character creation. AoC has it beat by spades and it's on the same engine.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Drakaden
    Originally posted by Enerzeal What are you moaning about? Get better internets, buy the CD, download it in bits, steam will let you do that, moan moan moan.
    Troll troll troll, it's the first time i see a game making me download 40 gigs in a single blow, it's quite a shock!

It doesn't have to be in a single session, You can stop and start the download at your leisure.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    I was surprised that it didnt have a "play while you download" like WoW, Diablo 3, Rift etc.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

1) There is a lot of voice acting in the game.

2) You only have 30gigs free space? Get a bigger HD, sheesh. They are cheap. 

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683
    What will be even funnier is after playing the game for a few days. The launcher will probably state something along the lines of 'resource database corrupt' then go away to download the whole 40gb again.  Funcom are known for fine tuning things so you always have an optimal experience.
  • oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by bingo69
    Originally posted by Fiedita

x2, since it's buy to play now. it worth every damn penny of it. TSW will be the demise of GW2 now lmao.

Lol, this made me laugh.....it is all a matter of taste m8.

TSW is a good game, at least the concept is imho.

But the animations are just horridly bad imo and i heard (dunno if true tough) that the difficulty of the riddles has been made alot more easy since launch so i guess its alot less challenging then at release.

I'll keep it on the radar but i'll take my daily gamefix with GW2 thank u very much...the events are awesome and the people who say GW2 is empty.....they lie :p (some zones are kinda empty but most of the time i run into people + our guild is pretty active in helping so its al good for now)

But to state that TSW will OWN GW2 now that it's free to play....hehe....that's just funny stuff man.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    The game might unpack into a 40gig folder  but the download is 16gig.  Still pretty big, but only a 90 minute download for my friend, which was great for him, but it was 8 hours for me though.  :D