Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you serious with that hype?

Cmon guys we all know the truth about first part. It was total disaster and you really except from second part to be better? I really can't understand that hype, someone please explain me. Graphic is really really bad, from gameplay videos i see some kind of strange broken pvp without any nice visual efect. Game client is downloading so slow and i can only imagine how laggy servers would be. DF was in same state as SWG, with only few players and i think that this hype is created by people with multiple mmorpg accounts. I am not gw2 fan but i did understand that big hype and it was not for sure fake, same was with swtor, rift or any of mmo's in last years, but DF2?? Please be serious. I am not hater but i can't see anything special in this game. I could bet with anyone that this game will fall in to oblivion few months after release

Comments

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308

Honestly, I don't see why people complain about the Hypemeter. We can't control what anyone else votes, my personal opinion is that I am hyped 10/10 for this game. Because I'm more excited for it than any other MMORPG I was waiting for.

Just because you personally don't like the game, doesn't mean we have to explain our votes to you.

So yes, I'm serious with my hype.

Hi

• D_TOXD_TOX Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Are you serious with that grammar? 
  • gekidogekido Member UncommonPosts: 66

I'm only excited for darkfall right now.  As it's a hypemeter and I've been playing games and visiting this site for about a decade or so.  I feel it's justified and I didn't even hype it.  I would guess a lot of other people feel the same way.

drops 2 cents

• mdkmanmdkman Member UncommonPosts: 108
    10/10 ofc
  • zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Originally posted by D_TOX

I try to learn, sorry if you don't understand me. I see that you are on the same level becouse you did not explain anything.

• NC360NC360 Member Posts: 67
    Originally posted by zomard100
    I am not hater but i can't see anything special in this game.

Then simply go play the games you feel are "special" in ways that Darkfall cannot do. Whatever that is to you. Seriously, I think you're just a little bit bothered that a game you may not have interest in, others find interesting.

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    or perhaps it is in fact a very good game contrary to the rubbish MMORPGS with flashy visuals and mulitimillion budget graphics?
  • langstondoglangstondog Member UncommonPosts: 20
    We'll see, what else do we have hyped about in the moment?
  • DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96
    Cmon guys we all know the truth about first part. It was total disaster and you really except from second part to be better? I really can't understand that hype, someone please explain me. Graphic is really really bad, from gameplay videos i see some kind of strange broken pvp without any nice visual efect. Game client is downloading so slow and i can only imagine how laggy servers would be. DF was in same state as SWG, with only few players and i think that this hype is created by people with multiple mmorpg accounts. I am not gw2 fan but i did understand that big hype and it was not for sure fake, same was with swtor, rift or any of mmo's in last years, but DF2?? Please be serious. I am not hater but i can't see anything special in this game. I could bet with anyone that this game will fall in to oblivion few months after release

Let me explain this to you in legible paragraphs because I respect people who read. 

First of all, define disaster. The first was never intended for mainstream, and was merely a technical showing of what their engine could do. The game was (and maybe still is for the most part) a hardcore niche game. That said, I would put this game up into the higher echelons of hardcore MMORPGFPS games ever created. It certainly did better than Mortal Online, which is literally 2x as worse. 

Now do answer your complain about 'graphic' yes the only thing graphic about DF really are the decapitations, however this is NOT something some players care about. 

It is more about the freedom gameplay provides. It is about the endless posibilites that players themselves create. It is about the intense adrenaline rush it provides each time you PvP. Combine these together, and you can see the synergetic compatibility for these in an MMO online world.

Now I don't want to go through how atmospheric even the first Darkfall was, but imagine it now. Hell if its at least half as good looking as the first I'll play it.

Originally posted by langstondog

That's the truth but i can't give 10/10 to some average game because there is no other to hype so high

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

"Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain," ~ America

Originally posted by DarkfallFanatic

Let me explain this to you in legible paragraphs because I respect people who read. 

First of all, define disaster. The first was never intended for mainstream, and was merely a technical showing of what their engine could do. The game was (and maybe still is for the most part) a hardcore niche game. That said, I would put this game up into the higher echelons of hardcore MMORPGFPS games ever created. It certainly did better than Mortal Online, which is literally 2x as worse. 

Now do answer your complain about 'graphic' yes the only thing graphic about DF really are the decapitations, however this is NOT something some players care about. 

It is more about the freedom gameplay provides. It is about the endless posibilites that players themselves create. It is about the intense adrenaline rush it provides each time you PvP. Combine these together, and you can see the synergetic compatibility for these in an MMO online world.

Now I don't want to go through how atmospheric even the first Darkfall was, but imagine it now. Hell if its at least half as good looking as the first I'll play it.

Ok i respect that. This is one good explanation

• KuviskiKuviski Member UncommonPosts: 215

DF has such a strong and dedicated community that it should be no surprise to see the game at such a hype level.

Besides, there really are no games coming out with similar features to this one; features many people crave for, but are unable to find elsewhere.

And honestly, I think the other games in the top 5 hype really aren't nearly as special as DFUW is considering their features.

• gekidogekido Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by langstondog

That's the truth but i can't give 10/10 to some average game because there is no other to hype so high

So, it's working as intended.  I could easily give it a 10/10 because it's at the top of my hype meter.  I am not rating the game a 10/10.  See the difference?  I probably won't negatively hype a game either if i'm not interested in it... why would I care?

hype meter...

nothing - not excited

10 - excited

Unless some statistic states otherwise, I would stake this is how most people use it.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

like people bet df1 would die in the first year? only probly with df1 was the flaws int he game mechanics dfuw should fix most of it

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Darkfall is not the game I am waiting on but I do wish it luck. Its something different and thats what this genre needs. Looking foward to seeing what this game delivers.
  • wyrdaskolirwyrdaskolir Member UncommonPosts: 563
    If everyone in the world had this guys logic we'd be screwed. Innocent until proven guilty.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Can you imagine a world where people made mistakes and did not correct them?

Thats the case with Darkfall, it didnt have the best of starts, but this time I believe we will have a much improved game.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278

The first one was total disaster and what makes us think that this one will be better?

Well, first off, I'm gonna agree with you to an EXTENT.  First Darkfall game was a disaster when considering what it could have been, and when comparing it to AAA title successes.  First Darkfall was a disaster in that it had few amazingly stupid design flaws and mechanics.  Still, in spite of these flaws the game survived, it had strong niche following and it distingueshed itself as a top game in it's field... maybe even the only game if you don't count Mortal Online, which was just poorly implemented in every aspect.

Now, why do we think this one will be better? Well, because they didn't make a game called XXXXXX Online.  They made a game "Darkfall" Unholy Wars, they shut down Darkfall 1 servers.  What does this mean? Well this means they built the 2nd game entirely BASED on the first game.  They took the best that the first Darkfall had to offer, removed the bad parts, kept the good mechanics and designs, cut the bad and flawed mechanics, then added new features based on feedback from the community.  In the process, made it more "streamline" game on the market.  

The end result is, those of us that loved the first game despite the flaws will now love this new game again, w/out the flaws. Those who hated the game because of the flaws, will now play the game again because those flaws have been remedied.  And those who never tried the game before will be curious enough to give it a shot because of the new streamlined features.

Of course those that do not like what this game is all about, Sandbox-ish PVP full loot MMORPG-FPS game, will only bash the game every chance they get, and sadly, the mainstream market is composed mostly of those types of ppl.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
  • YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162

HA!

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Oh so what second language have you mastered?  Oh none?  Ya thought so, that means his second langauge is probably only a couple of grades behind your one and only language.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by Melkrow

The first one was total disaster and what makes us think that this one will be better?

Well, first off, I'm gonna agree with you to an EXTENT.  First Darkfall game was a disaster when considering what it could have been, and when comparing it to AAA title successes.  First Darkfall was a disaster in that it had few amazingly stupid design flaws and mechanics.  Still, in spite of these flaws the game survived, it had strong niche following and it distingueshed itself as a top game in it's field... maybe even the only game if you don't count Mortal Online, which was just poorly implemented in every aspect.

Now, why do we think this one will be better? Well, because they didn't make a game called XXXXXX Online.  They made a game "Darkfall" Unholy Wars, they shut down Darkfall 1 servers.  What does this mean? Well this means they built the 2nd game entirely BASED on the first game.  They took the best that the first Darkfall had to offer, removed the bad parts, kept the good mechanics and designs, cut the bad and flawed mechanics, then added new features based on feedback from the community.  In the process, made it more "streamline" game on the market.  

The end result is, those of us that loved the first game despite the flaws will now love this new game again, w/out the flaws. Those who hated the game because of the flaws, will now play the game again because those flaws have been remedied.  And those who never tried the game before will be curious enough to give it a shot because of the new streamlined features.

Of course those that do not like what this game is all about, Sandbox-ish PVP full loot MMORPG-FPS game, will only bash the game every chance they get, and sadly, the mainstream market is composed mostly of those types of ppl.

Well most of what you're saying are pure speculation. We don't have any proof of the game being better than the original and from what I've seen so far from their videos, it looks like its actually being worst. I'm not here to completely bash the game, but after what I saw with DF1 and seeing they preferred to release a "new" game instead of fixing the first one (with 1 stupid mechanic still in place that I know of), I'm having a hard time believing they will fix most of the bad parts. When you create a new game, chances are you will find even more problems than just fixing the ones that was in the original.

I wonder what makes people think that AV can actually deliver a game that is going to be better than the original when they weren't even able to fix the "flaws" of the first one. They didn't even had a beta build ready when they said that DFUW release was push back and a beta will be done. I doubt they did much testing at this point. IMHO, nearly everything is pointing out that the game might actually be worst or as bad as the original. Also, AV hasn't change whatsoever, lies after lies again. I don't understand how you can put hope in some people that are lying to you and doesn't care at all. This shows me how much these guys have the chances to release a better product than the original.

Don't get me wrong tho, I would love to see this game rise to the potential it has. I just don't think they will able to do it. If they do, great! I'll be playing for sure, but I surely won't risk my money into this game after at least a couple months after release to see how things goes.

• trallatralla Member Posts: 290

Some strange statements.. I do not agree at all. I agree to about 30% that Darkfall1 was a disaster. 

However, i think the hype is coming from a playerbase that is sick of all the cookiecutter mmos out there with "nice visuals" and no real gameplay. SIck of doing "Kill x, collect b, find c" type of quests. With weak PvP and no real skill involved, no real punishment for beeing a bad player or doing bad plays. 

Darkfall has a really nice idea behind it and that is probably the cause of the hype. While DF1 might have been quite a fail, it still proved that they can manage to make a very good game if they start over. which they have. 

Sound to me like Darkfall UW will rape you in your sleep, so my tip to you is to stay the hell away from this game.