Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just a FYI - The AC1 free trial also works for AC2.

SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

I thought I'd post about this because I've seen quite a few people take a pass on the opportunity to try AC2, based on the belief that you have to pay to try it out. At first, I thought that's how it would have worked too (going by the wording that Sev used on the AC forums), but after starting up a 14 day AC trial and logging into the AC2 client, I realized that the trial counts as an active sub.

One important detail though - it is required to use a debit/credit card to actually get the trial going, but rest assured, they won't charge unless you forget to cancel before the free 14 days is up.

Anyway, just wanted to bring this info to light. If any of you are on the fence because of the sub price, just give the trial a go, and see how you like it first.

Happy hunting :)

Edit: Since the trial page has been redirecting to a "maintenance" page, for the last few days, you will need to use the method discovered by JCBN in order to get it going (thanks again man!) Here's the link to the explanation video - http://www.townportal.dk/how-to-play-asherons-call-2-for-free/

Basically, you just need to type in the trial link as it normally appears, "trial.ac.turbine.com" and then put a period at the end of it. Once the page opens up, type your e-mail in the first open line available and hit the clickable button under it (it should say "Submit Query"). Then put in the captcha code, and you're done! Check your e-mail and then follow the instructions there. Quick and simple.

Edit 2: I just wanted to add that unfortunately, it looks like the method above no longer works for enabling a free trial either. I guess for now, the only way to try AC2 out is to subscribe to AC1. It's only around 13 dollars though (or 10 if you buy a copy of AC1, I believe), so it's definitely worth a shot if you have a little to spare (keep in mind though, it's still in beta state, so you'll likely experience crashes and lag from time to time, among other things.) In any case, sorry everyone :(.

Comments

• NeverasNeveras Member UncommonPosts: 303

The "trial" page has been down for maintenance for me for over 24 hours.

Is there some other place to get this?

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Neveras

The "trial" page has been down for maintenance for me for over 24 hours.

Is there some other place to get this?

Wow, it's still down? I noticed that earlier today but I figured it would be back up soon enough. I had no idea it had been down that long. Hmm, I wonder what's up...

I don't know of any other way to sign up for the trial unfortunately, so my apologies about that =/. Hopefully they'll have it back up soon.

• JCBNJCBN Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by JCBN

Free trial explained here:

http://www.townportal.dk/how-to-play-asherons-call-2-for-free/

Woot! Awesome, thanks for the explanation - it worked like a charm :).

I'll update my original post with this info.

Originally posted by Seillan
    Originally posted by JCBN

Free trial explained here:

http://www.townportal.dk/how-to-play-asherons-call-2-for-free/

Woot! Awesome, thanks for the explanation - it worked like a charm :).

I'll update my original post with this info.

No problem m8, no idea how i discovered it, i think i was just mad at it being under maintenance, and then accidently typed in a . after. 

:p

• philparry80philparry80 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Thanks for this :-)
  • EnsiferEnsifer Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Can anyone link to the website hes typing in I cant read it not sure how you guys figured it out lol

This is what u type:

trial.ac.turbine.com.

copy / paste it... your welcome!

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

So I told a friend about this.

To confirm...after the trial, all it requires is 13 a month right? No extra fees? He thought you still had to buy the game (10?) and also pay for a subscription. Is that true? I can afford 13 easily, but 23 or even 20 would be pushing it a lot, with the amount of money in my bank.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Originally posted by TheScavenger

So I told a friend about this.

To confirm...after the trial, all it requires is 13 a month right? No extra fees? He thought you still had to buy the game (10?) and also pay for a subscription. Is that true? I can afford 13 easily, but 23 or even 20 would be pushing it a lot, with the amount of money in my bank.

I'm not 100 percent on it, but I'm fairly certain that you only need to sub once the trial runs out. Assuming you don't cancel before it ends, they charge you a sub price of 13 dollars, so I'm pretty sure that's all you need to pay in order to continue playing.

Hopefully someone else more familiar with AC can validate this.

• LitestepLitestep Member UncommonPosts: 38

I feel like I'm in twilight zone ...  

I keep checking the post dates - and it shows me - 2012  ...

Isn't AC2 dead for like 7 years already?!

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by Litestep

I feel like I'm in twilight zone ...  

I keep checking the post dates - and it shows me - 2012  ...

Isn't AC2 dead for like 7 years already?!

It's back from the dead!

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    went for my free trail to play ac2 and this trick is now no longer working.
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Just wantes to emphasize in case Turbine is watching, if your plan is to remove the ability to get a free trial to AC2 you're doing yourself a big disservice, allow it and you'll end up with more subscribers.
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Kilrain
    Just wantes to emphasize in case Turbine is watching, if your plan is to remove the ability to get a free trial to AC2 you're doing yourself a big disservice, allow it and you'll end up with more subscribers.

More is not always better in the case of a single beta server. 

Hmm, damn, I guess they really don't want anyone trying it out for free. I hate to don my "tinfoil hat" here, but I really hope this whole revival wasn't just a way to make some quick money, while breathing a bit of life back into AC1 by the association with AC2. The fact that they still haven't even given a reason as to why the brought it back, or a combat plan on what they intend to do with it, also adds to that concern.

I don't want to jump to conclusions though. I guess we just need to wait and see what they do. In any case, I'm really sorry that this isn't working anymore. I'll update my initial post with that information.

Originally posted by Jyiiga

More is not always better in the case of a single beta server. 

Yeah, that's a good point - I guess that could also be why they don't want people using the free trial.

• RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Take my money im going to start downloading as soon as i get home. Been dreaming about this day for years and thought it would never happen. It finaly did and just in time for the end of the apocalypse
  • GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Well i bought the game just now and then find out i have to preapproval PAYPAL to activate my account but a friend of mine did it for me through his paypal, now i find out its 13$ a monthly sub after 30 free trail if i wanne continuing playing only that way i can activate my turbine account bah :(

I cant ask my friend to do that so ive wasted 10$ so i could play AC2 what a bummer hehe.

These days with easy register BP2 or free 2 play games im amazed turbine still cater to this billing system that has not changed sinds 10years ago lol.

Come on 10year old game in beta not even after buying it i can't play real sad business:(

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Hmm, damn, I guess they really don't want anyone trying it out for free. I hate to don my "tinfoil hat" here, but I really hope this whole revival wasn't just a way to make some quick money, while breathing a bit of life back into AC1 by the association with AC2. The fact that they still haven't even given a reason as to why the brought it back, or a combat plan on what they intend to do with it, also adds to that concern.

I don't want to jump to conclusions though. I guess we just need to wait and see what they do. In any case, I'm really sorry that this isn't working anymore. I'll update my initial post with that information.

Any one remember big money stealing TURBINE did in 2005 with legions expansion after they launch the expansion full price they annouced after 2 months they quit AC2 thats turbine for you, old tricks never die.

In 2012/2013 this kind of games should be free 2 play its 10 years old for god sake.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    Originally posted by GroovyFlower

Any one remember big money stealing TURBINE did in 2005 with legions expansion after they launch the expansion full price they annouced after 2 months they quit AC2 thats turbine for you, old tricks never die.

In 2012/2013 this kind of games should be free 2 play its 10 years old for god sake.

I think it lasted more than two months. If I remember the expansion launched in May 05 and the game shut down in December.  Also it wasn't that much cost wise for the expansion. I got my moneys worth out of it. 

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.