Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

I cannot believe we are going to be playing DF2010 aka Darkfall 2.0 in 2 days

DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Lake Moho, INPosts: 96Member

Is anyone else going slowly insane? What's going to happen when you log on? What race will you be? What will you do? What will happen? What will PvE look like? What will mobs drop? What does Niflheim have now? 

AHHHHHHH! 

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Yakima, WAPosts: 1,306Member Uncommon
    just remember it's beta and could be a buggy,   unplayable mess.

I think the prostitute mod corrupted your game files man. -elhefen

• MelkrowMelkrow St. Louis, MOPosts: 278Member

I'm pretty sure you jinxed it.... :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
  • DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Lake Moho, INPosts: 96Member
    Originally posted by muffins89

But....AV wouldn't do that to us....right?

• corpusccorpusc Chattanooga, TNPosts: 1,330Member
    a lot of signs point to DFF being a troll

The End
    ---------------------------
    i don't expect to like Darkfall, altho i may like it MORE than other MMOs. i know it is gonna have a very frustrating level of grind to it, even if its significantly less than most. waiting for a pure FAST action virtual world. dice rolling & character levels (even "skills") IN COMBAT should have never carried over from pencil & paper to a computer that can reasonably model 3D spaces and objects

• RaxeonRaxeon cedar falls, IAPosts: 2,088Member Uncommon
    unholy wars is more than what df 2010 was going to be
    Originally posted by corpusc

To address your inquiry, 

troll

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a forum or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

Now excuse me if I am incorrect but I don't recall mentioning anything that would provoke a negative response and thus bringing detrimental effect to the MMORPG community. This inlcludes derogatory, religious, moral, racial, and/or ethical comments made by the troll in question. 

Next time I would put my thinking cap on before making such an obdurate claim. 

• corpusccorpusc Chattanooga, TNPosts: 1,330Member
    Originally posted by DarkfallFanatic

But....AV wouldn't do that to us....right?

troll statement.

troll name (nice way to avoid the "too obvious" DarkfallFanboy)

exact perfect time to make a brand new Darkfall related account name on MMORPG.com.

using DF2010 in your thread title.

lots of pro DF hyperbole in other threads.

i'm not %100 convinced you are a troll to begin with (so....not possibly obdurate), but there sure are a lot of suggestions.

The End
    ---------------------------
    i don't expect to like Darkfall, altho i may like it MORE than other MMOs. i know it is gonna have a very frustrating level of grind to it, even if its significantly less than most. waiting for a pure FAST action virtual world. dice rolling & character levels (even "skills") IN COMBAT should have never carried over from pencil & paper to a computer that can reasonably model 3D spaces and objects

• AvanahAvanah Posts: 945Member Uncommon

In all the past Alphas/Betas I have been in 99% of them are what you state. It's why I will not purchase the game at this time.

I will be reviewing and watching the game closely thou. When the time is right and/or we get to Try before Buying? I'll join you all. :)

TGIF...Thank God I'm Female

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...
    One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

• TheJodaTheJoda chicago, ILPosts: 467Member
    ....well Maybe 2 days, never know!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• JupstoJupsto englandPosts: 2,087Member

At least it will be a free to play beta, as opposed to a pay to play beta if it did release 12/12/12. and people were angry about the decision? :O

My blog: image

• ZinzanZinzan NorthPosts: 1,351Member
    Originally posted by Consensus

At least it will be a free to play beta, as opposed to a pay to play beta if it did release 12/12/12. and people were angry about the decision? :O

Don't you have to pre-order the game to get into the beta?

If so surely it's not F2P, it's buy to test?

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden gdfgfPosts: 4,333Member
    Not all promises for DF 2010 are in yet, so need to wait more for Darkfall 2010 to be delivered, maybe with DF3 and another wipe, reluanch in few years ?

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Vimont, QCPosts: 1,625Member
    Originally posted by Consensus

p2p beta is the new shit.

If an upcoming mmo game is not about that shit, expect it to be free one day.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Jacksonville, FLPosts: 984Member Uncommon
    I don't care if it's stick figures and nothing but mana missile.  Just let me the hell in.
  • DoomtecDoomtec Colorado Springs, COPosts: 32Member

all patched up and ready to go. Just waiting for the doors to open. Bravo to Tasos & co for keeping their word about DF1 players getting the game for free (well, sub fee....basically free).

Problem is...how the Hell am I going to divide my time between DF:UW and the newly resurrected Neocron??

Gonna be a MAD year for gaming!

• karmathkarmath Posts: 827Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by jdlamson75
    I don't care if it's stick figures and nothing but mana missile.  Just let me the hell in.

I just got nostalgia for the early DF1 launch seiges that were totally compromised of mana missles and r20 polearms.

Good times.

• karmathkarmath Posts: 827Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Doomtec

all patched up and ready to go. Just waiting for the doors to open. Bravo to Tasos & co for keeping their word about DF1 players getting the game for free (well, sub fee....basically free).

Problem is...how the Hell am I going to divide my time between DF:UW and the newly resurrected Neocron??

Wait what? Neocron is getting turned back on? Same shit or did they fix it?

• DoomtecDoomtec Colorado Springs, COPosts: 32Member
    Originally posted by karmath
    Originally posted by Doomtec

Wait what? Neocron is getting turned back on? Same shit or did they fix it?

it's been brought back as a fan-sponsored project. totally free, and they have already started patching and improving the game. Head to the web site to make an account and stuff.

This is not a emu or anything. It's the real deal. But like I said, it is going to cut into my Darkfall time...and Darkfall is pretty time intensive.

This. 

What some people neglect to realize is that for junkies like us the game doesn't even need to be GOOD, but we're still getting our fix. That adrenaline rush you get every time you go into battle is still worth it damn it! 

And that is exactly why this game will probably succeed. As long as it is still full loot and has decent combat, it fills the niche nicely.

• echolynfanecholynfan Lancaster, PAPosts: 681Member
    Originally posted by corpusc

To address your inquiry, 

troll

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a forum or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

Now excuse me if I am incorrect but I don't recall mentioning anything that would provoke a negative response and thus bringing detrimental effect to the MMORPG community. This inlcludes derogatory, religious, moral, racial, and/or ethical comments made by the troll in question. 

Next time I would put my thinking cap on before making such an obdurate claim. 

The irony of your response is hilarious...

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Nevada, MOPosts: 2,732Member

This. 

What some people neglect to realize is that for junkies like us the game doesn't even need to be GOOD, but we're still getting our fix. That adrenaline rush you get every time you go into battle is still worth it damn it! 

And that is exactly why this game will probably succeed. As long as it is still full loot and has decent combat, it fills the niche nicely.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• gigatgigat Minneapolis, MNPosts: 604Member Uncommon

Is anyone else going slowly insane? What's going to happen when you log on? What race will you be? What will you do? What will happen? What will PvE look like? What will mobs drop? What does Niflheim have now? 

AHHHHHHH! 

We'll all find out soon enough!

Depending on how things turn out, I'll probably play a dwarf or mahirim.  Haven't decided yet.

"Lose the helmet sis, we can't prove that you're retarded." - Dennis Reynolds

• pSickpSick Rochester, NYPosts: 19Member
    Originally posted by Melkrow

I'm pretty sure you jinxed it.... :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

DOUBLE JINX!!!  UGH!

imageimage
    -=The Abyss Of Humanity Is The Abyss Of Our Own Soul=-
    Sick Ning - Mahirim Skirmisher
    Why serve when you could rule in Imperium

• AvanahAvanah Posts: 945Member Uncommon

After reading about all you people having download speed issues, I really doubt you will be playing on the 17th.

Why?

It speaks for itself. If you don't have good speeds downloading, what makes you all think it will be smoothe gameplay when thousands of you try to log in??

Common Sense - 1

Drooling Blind Fans- 0

:-)

I hope I am wrong as I want to play this also.........eventually.

TGIF...Thank God I'm Female

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...
    One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

• gigatgigat Minneapolis, MNPosts: 604Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ivylena

After reading about all you people having download speed issues, I really doubt you will be playing on the 17th.

Why?

It speaks for itself. If you don't have good speeds downloading, what makes you all think it will be smoothe gameplay when thousands of you try to log in??

Common Sense - 1

Drooling Blind Fans- 0

:-)

I hope I am wrong as I want to play this also.........eventually.

I'm sure most are aware of this.  Especially those who were there when DF 1.0 launched.

I'm anticipating some very long login queues, followed by laggy and buggy gameplay.  The client will be running in debug mode, so there's going to be some extra performance issues on top of everything else.

Anyone who sees the beta launch as anything other than an opportunity for Aventurine to stress the servers, is probably in for a surprise.

"Lose the helmet sis, we can't prove that you're retarded." - Dennis Reynolds