Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Beta Downloads Begin!

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Though folks were beginning to worry, it seems the downloads for Darkfall: Unholy Wars' beta have begun.  Pre-order customers can click through to the official forums and get to downloading now.

You can download the beta HERE, this gives you the lobby, and after you log in, you can continue downloading the game. 

If there is any further information on the download and installation, we'll post it in this thread. 

We've also been monitoring your feedback and questions in general and we'll come back with more information as needed.

For more info head over to Darkfall's forums. The beta itself is due to begin Monday, December 17th.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• vanitycorpsevanitycorpse Member UncommonPosts: 22

lol clicked the official site link and all i got was 

"Error 404 Congrats! you've just found a 404 droid. But this is not the droid you are looking for."

• KalanderKalander Member UncommonPosts: 12
    A little laggy, as normal in this situation... but working :D
  • indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344

Login Server is down atm.

If you're coming into this blind, just remember this is going to be a painful process!  Don't get complainy too quick lol.

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    i'm downloading the only files i've wanted to download for half a year!
  • RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Heh, login and download servers are being hammered.
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    You'll try to make an pricate serer haha ? :p
  • MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by indef

Login Server is down atm.

If you're coming into this blind, just remember this is going to be a painful process!  Don't get complainy too quick lol.

lol!  

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449
    Is the beta live as well? Will people be able to log in and play already?
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by helthros
    Is the beta live as well? Will people be able to log in and play already?

Dec 17th

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I'm downloading the DFUW.exe at a lightning speed of 10 KB/sec *grin*

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• traxanastraxanas Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    I'm downloading the DFUW.exe at a lightning speed of 10 KB/sec *grin*

OMG you cheat its only 7KB/sec for me :(

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    can anyone who has downloaded the damn .exe, uploade it to a rapidshare or something? :P
  • ThububThubub Member UncommonPosts: 62

Check the darkfall forums.  There is a player made mirror download link that is quick.  Took me five mins to get the lobby and I am patching now.

Here is the forum subject line for the mirror:

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=337622

It is still being hammered. Check the forums later today (sunday) for a full torrent or alternative mirrors. Currently there are only partial torrents, because only a hand full of people downloaded the full client so far...

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    7Kb/s and going good.. oh well, it's Sunday fellas, just go out and enjoy the day, and come back tomorrow

So What Now?

• bingo69bingo69 Member UncommonPosts: 195
    epic fail download from aventurine, if they cant handle the dl server... imagine the gaming server lol,...
  • RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174
    found a torrent on the forums for both parts. Going pretty fast.
  • GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Considering using the torrents, slow using the launcher... although I guess i can't say i've ever been in a beta where it's been fast/smooth :)
  • LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417
    Originally posted by bingo69
    epic fail download from aventurine, if they cant handle the dl server... imagine the gaming server lol,...

I can only assume that you're new to this MMO business? :)

Let me enlighten you, I'll mention a few MMO releases that had a slow dl at release of live/beta client: WoW (BC, WOTLK, CATA, MOP), Warhammer Online OBT/CBT, Age of Conan CBT/OBT/Release, TERA OBT/Release, Rift release, GW2 CBT/Release... (The list goes on)

Catch my drift? Who am I kidding, of course you don't, you're a troll afterall. ;)

The latest update can be read here: http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=337780

In short, official torrent for the client, there will be a short NDA (as if that means anything...), and bugs related to item persistence might cause a delay in the beta starting, however they claim to be on track for tomorrow's beta.

• RealPvPisFPSRealPvPisFPS Member Posts: 42
    You guys do realize this is FPS oriented? So any of you scriptors out there, (which is a bunch of you) sorry to say you'll be on your own skill, lmao. good luck with that
  • skorner64skorner64 Member Posts: 47
    So how do people who want to buy the game on steam get the beta?
  • PenneywizePenneywize Member Posts: 2
    Patcher has slowed to a crawl, hope I get this downloaded in time for beta start tomorrow!
  • scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

wish i was getting 7 kb/s. i get peConnection timed out. guess il try again in a few hours lol. time to invest in some 

IRL activities 'shudders'

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Originally posted by raapnaap

The latest update can be read here: http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=337780

In short, official torrent for the client, there will be a short NDA (as if that means anything...), and bugs related to item persistence might cause a delay in the beta starting, however they claim to be on track for tomorrow's beta.

I'm a little gobsmacked with there being even the mention of an NDA, this game was meant to have been released already, your getting instead a paid beta version, yet why on earth should anyone be asked to sign up to an NDA at this late stage, I'm sorry but if your being asked for such things shouldn't this be ringing alarm bells? as in hello the game may stay in beta for alot longer than is really being let on here.

I want to be wrong, I bought the original and I'm going to hold off again for this new release so that I don't suffer from a heart attack at all the foreseeable cock-ups (just like last time minus the periodic release of copies to dl), the market needs a good solid game like this to make it this time around, I'm still amazed they have managed to keep afloat money wise to even do this in the first place.