Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Beta Downloads Begin!

BillMurphyBillMurphy Managing EditorBerea, OHPosts: 2,356MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Though folks were beginning to worry, it seems the downloads for Darkfall: Unholy Wars' beta have begun.  Pre-order customers can click through to the official forums and get to downloading now.

You can download the beta HERE, this gives you the lobby, and after you log in, you can continue downloading the game. 

If there is any further information on the download and installation, we'll post it in this thread. 

We've also been monitoring your feedback and questions in general and we'll come back with more information as needed.

For more info head over to Darkfall's forums. The beta itself is due to begin Monday, December 17th.

Comments

• CaaahlCaaahl LeipzigPosts: 229Member

Thanks for the news.

All the people are trying to get it right now, so (like with any other launch) it is quite crowded/laggy right now. ;)

Caaahl / DAA KAPUTTMACHAA ---DF/DFUW

• vanitycorpsevanitycorpse bergenPosts: 13Member Common

lol clicked the official site link and all i got was 

"Error 404 Congrats! you've just found a 404 droid. But this is not the droid you are looking for."

• KalanderKalander porto alegrePosts: 12Member
    A little laggy, as normal in this situation... but working :D
  • indefindef Thousand Oaks, CAPosts: 344Member

Login Server is down atm.

If you're coming into this blind, just remember this is going to be a painful process!  Don't get complainy too quick lol.

• naljejanaljeja BergenPosts: 94Member
    i'm downloading the only files i've wanted to download for half a year!
  • raapnaapraapnaap LeidenPosts: 397Member Uncommon
    Heh, login and download servers are being hammered.
  • ScellowScellow Posts: 125Member Uncommon
    You'll try to make an pricate serer haha ? :p
  • MindTriggerMindTrigger La Quinta, CAPosts: 2,596Member
    Originally posted by indef

Login Server is down atm.

If you're coming into this blind, just remember this is going to be a painful process!  Don't get complainy too quick lol.

lol!  

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• helthroshelthros Miami, FLPosts: 1,449Member
    Is the beta live as well? Will people be able to log in and play already?
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Auburn, INPosts: 989Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by helthros
    Is the beta live as well? Will people be able to log in and play already?

Dec 17th

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Auburn, INPosts: 989Member Uncommon
    I'm downloading the DFUW.exe at a lightning speed of 10 KB/sec *grin*

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

• traxanastraxanas AthensPosts: 9Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    I'm downloading the DFUW.exe at a lightning speed of 10 KB/sec *grin*

OMG you cheat its only 7KB/sec for me :(

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d AthensPosts: 388Member Uncommon
    can anyone who has downloaded the damn .exe, uploade it to a rapidshare or something? :P
  • thububthubub Moore, OKPosts: 58Member

Check the darkfall forums.  There is a player made mirror download link that is quick.  Took me five mins to get the lobby and I am patching now.

Here is the forum subject line for the mirror:

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=337622

It is still being hammered. Check the forums later today (sunday) for a full torrent or alternative mirrors. Currently there are only partial torrents, because only a hand full of people downloaded the full client so far...

• TweFojuTweFoju Saitama & Jakarta ( current )Posts: 1,013Member Uncommon
    7Kb/s and going good.. oh well, it's Sunday fellas, just go out and enjoy the day, and come back tomorrow

So What Now?

• bingo69bingo69 Rouyn-Noranda, QCPosts: 203Member
    epic fail download from aventurine, if they cant handle the dl server... imagine the gaming server lol,...
    Originally posted by bingo69
    epic fail download from aventurine, if they cant handle the dl server... imagine the gaming server lol,...

We had huge battles with hundreds of players fighting each other at a decent ping in DF1.

I didnt got that in warhammer online, lotro or gw2. Non of these games even gave the possibility to have a siege fight with 500 vs 500 or anything near tsuch numbers.

So dont be so quick with your "lol epic fail *derp*" 

• RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Vancouver, BCPosts: 174Member
    found a torrent on the forums for both parts. Going pretty fast.
    Originally posted by heckz0r
    i will not pay for this game :) Gl all ... See you on f2p

Have fun with your f2p mentality while the grown ups are having a blast with DF:UW. :)

• GreymoorGreymoor ManchesterPosts: 801Member
    Considering using the torrents, slow using the launcher... although I guess i can't say i've ever been in a beta where it's been fast/smooth :)
  • LorgarnLorgarn SwedenPosts: 371Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by bingo69

I can only assume that you're new to this MMO business? :)

Let me enlighten you, I'll mention a few MMO releases that had a slow dl at release of live/beta client: WoW (BC, WOTLK, CATA, MOP), Warhammer Online OBT/CBT, Age of Conan CBT/OBT/Release, TERA OBT/Release, Rift release, GW2 CBT/Release... (The list goes on)

Catch my drift? Who am I kidding, of course you don't, you're a troll afterall. ;)

The latest update can be read here: http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=337780

In short, official torrent for the client, there will be a short NDA (as if that means anything...), and bugs related to item persistence might cause a delay in the beta starting, however they claim to be on track for tomorrow's beta.

• RealPvPisFPSRealPvPisFPS St.Louis, MOPosts: 42Member
    You guys do realize this is FPS oriented? So any of you scriptors out there, (which is a bunch of you) sorry to say you'll be on your own skill, lmao. good luck with that
  • skorner64skorner64 North Andover, MAPosts: 47Member
    So how do people who want to buy the game on steam get the beta?