Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Beta Downloads Begin!

2»

Comments

• MMO-BPMMO-BP Member Posts: 21
    Great to have a beta that starts a weke after the game was scheduled to launch just a week ago... To take nearly 24 hours for it to download a 70 meg installer... and then to have the lobby/patcher crash before it ever downloads anything else. Welcome to Darkfall folks. Not sure why I expected anything different.
  • RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744
    So do you need to buy to get beta access?
  • MurdusMurdus Member UncommonPosts: 698
    Originally posted by medafor
    So do you need to buy to get beta access?

Yes. You need to preorder to get beta access.

• XarnthalXarnthal Member Posts: 130
    Originally posted by MMO-BP
    Great to have a beta that starts a weke after the game was scheduled to launch just a week ago... To take nearly 24 hours for it to download a 70 meg installer... and then to have the lobby/patcher crash before it ever downloads anything else. Welcome to Darkfall folks. Not sure why I expected anything different.

Go to forums.darkfallonline.com and look in the public section for a link that has the torrent and mirrors for the game.

I downloaded the whole game using the torrents in ~2 hours.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=337644

Sennheiser
    Assist
    Thage

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I guess i was one of the lucky ones i downloaded the client logged in and started downloading.. the only issue i had was that it was really slow, but i just left it over night.

There was a patch yesterday and that also worked fine and was a lot faster.

Just glad they let us pre-download the client instead of releasing it today. :)

• Dro00gDro00g Member UncommonPosts: 4

Can't hardly wait.

Torrent ETA: 1h 15m

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Dro00g

Can't hardly wait.

LOL dont worry beta servers are not open yet anyway :)

• Dro00gDro00g Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    Originally posted by Dro00g

Can't hardly wait.

LOL dont worry beta servers are not open yet anyway :)

Booo... well I'll be pretty stoked when they do open.

• demadildemadil Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Well i can log into the Darkfall NA website but when i try to log into darkfall unholy wars i get a "No existing account" I even still have all my purchase info in my email. This is gonna go well.
  • RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

You need to make a new account at: https://ams.darkfallonline.com/AMS/

Then after you made a new account, link your old Darkfall account to it in the account management page (subscriptions tab I think).

Once you linked the account (remember to select the NA server checkbox for linking the old account), you can pre-order UW at the price of a subscription (€/$14,95).

After pre-ordering, you have the option to reserve a character name, in the same tab you linked the old account.