Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Aventurine does it again

Aragon100Aragon100 OsloPosts: 2,224Member Uncommon

Aventurine continue to piss me off.

They let all players that preorder the game to secure a ingame name.

Now, a old player (Celiah Ailey) realize his name is taken and start a whining thread on Darkfall forums and what happens?

Aventurine give him his name back.

 

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=337220

 

This make me believe that some players get special attention by Aventurine. We saw the same behavior in DF1.

 

In Darkfall 1 they changed there own rules by giving away a not conquered town to a whining Zerg (server went down and Aventurine had a rule they would never change the outcome of a siege when server went down). Aventurine acted against their own rulesetting to please the whining Zerg. Aventurine manually transfered the non-conquered town to the Zerg against their own rulesetting. Only chickens go against their own rules to please the bigger crowd.

 

Aventurine have to start acting more professional. Giving benefits to some is not good for this game. Rules is there to be followed and if they need to change them then do that first and dont act against the rulesettings before any change have taken place.

«134

Comments

  • GreymoorGreymoor ManchesterPosts: 801Member
    The reserve name tool was not created to be a tool for trolls to abuse others. ./thread
  • CodeFuzerCodeFuzer SwitzerlandPosts: 97Member Uncommon

    They can do whatever they like.

    Only vote you have is with your wallet...and that's just 1 vote vs all others so you don't mean anything to them. Play another game...

    GM pissed me off in EVE and i quited...

  • Aragon100Aragon100 OsloPosts: 2,224Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Greymoor
    The reserve name tool was not created to be a tool for trolls to abuse others. ./thread

    LOL.

    So giving back names to whiners was the reason it was created? 

    What does "reserve name tool" mean to you? =)

  • CaaahlCaaahl LeipzigPosts: 229Member
    Originally posted by Greymoor
    The reserve name tool was not created to be a tool for trolls to abuse others. ./thread

    this!

     

    [mod edit]

    Caaahl / DAA KAPUTTMACHAA ---DF/DFUW

  • RaxeonRaxeon cedar falls, IAPosts: 2,087Member Uncommon
    OP the reserve a name was for vets to be able to reserve there old name since oyu know they shut down the old game. it was only right for av to do this, you know that a troll took it in the first place
  • BadaboomBadaboom Moose Jaw, SKPosts: 2,380Member
    Stealing a well known persons game Name is a dick move. I have no sympathy for the thief.
  • Aragon100Aragon100 OsloPosts: 2,224Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Raxeon
    OP the reserve a name was for vets to be able to reserve there old name since oyu know they shut down the old game. it was only right for av to do this, you know that a troll took it in the first place

    He lost his name cause Aventurine had a secure name option. That option ment nothing since Aventurine change names back to the whiner after they been secured. Very carebear.

    Same thing as the rule to not change the outcome of a siege when server went down. Acting against their own rules dont give the playerbase a feeling of a leveled playing field. Giving benefits to some is very unprofessional.

     

  • Aragon100Aragon100 OsloPosts: 2,224Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Stealing a well known persons game Name is a dick move. I have no sympathy for the thief.

    Sympathy or not, he didnt do anything wrong. He had the option and went for it.

  • RaxeonRaxeon cedar falls, IAPosts: 2,087Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Aragon100
    Originally posted by Raxeon
    OP the reserve a name was for vets to be able to reserve there old name since oyu know they shut down the old game. it was only right for av to do this, you know that a troll took it in the first place

    He lost his name cause Aventurine had a secure name option. That option ment nothing since Aventurine change names back to the whiner after they been secured. Very carebear.

    Same thing as the rule to not change the outcome of a siege when server went down. Acting against their own rules dont give the playerbase a feeling of a leveled playing field. Giving benefits to some is very unprofessional.

     

    you know a guy stole his name just because right? he wasnt going to us it. and and he played hte gmae 3.5 years i think he deserved his original name. there is no reason to be upset at all on your part it doesnt effect you 1 bit.

    and they probly wont do it for players that didnt play that long or new

  • ThaneThane berlinPosts: 2,230Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Aragon100

    Aventurine continue to piss me off.

    They let all players that preorder the game to secure a ingame name.

    Now, a old player (Celiah Ailey) realize his name is taken and start a whining thread on Darkfall forums and what happens?

    Aventurine give him his name back.

     

    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=337220

     

    This make me believe that some players get special attention by Aventurine. We saw the same behavior in DF1.

     

    In Darkfall 1 they changed there own rules by giving away a not conquered town to a whining Zerg (server went down and Aventurine had a rule they would never change the outcome of a siege when server went down). Aventurine acted against their own rulesetting to please the whining Zerg. Aventurine manually transfered the non-conquered town to the Zerg against their own rulesetting. Only chickens go against their own rules to please the bigger crowd.

     

    Aventurine have to start acting more professional. Giving benefits to some is not good for this game. Rules is there to be followed and if they need to change them then do that first and dont act against the rulesettings before any change have taken place.

    seriously, all those words coz you think trolling is a good thing?

    doubt this feature was meant to highjack nicks. end of discussion.

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden gdfgfPosts: 4,333Member
    just damage control for their wipe decision..

    -----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

    "There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

  • RaxeonRaxeon cedar falls, IAPosts: 2,087Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    just damage control for their wipe decision..

    yep its only fair . since he did stick with av the whole time

  • bunnyhopperbunnyhopper LondonPosts: 2,751Member
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    just damage control for their wipe decision..

    Are you actually going to play the game out of interest?

    "Come and have a look at what you could have won."

  • raapnaapraapnaap LeidenPosts: 397Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    just damage control for their wipe decision..

     

    The wipe was needed. As usual, they communicated poorly on it, but any real veteran agrees, the wipe would create a fresh start and make the playing field equal for new players. No need for damage control.

     

    As for name stealing... How could anyone defend people stealing well known player names? It is a complete dick move and I'm happy Aventurine returns these names to their real owners.

  • sudosudo Tel-AvivPosts: 697Member Uncommon

    They should've obviously made it like Square Enix did with FFXIV and FFXI where I got to reserve my FFXIV name as a FFXI player and just like Anet made it so that I could reserver my Guild Wars 2 name as a Guild Wars player.

    Instead, they went with a much cheaper, easier "decision" that could only help them get as much money as possible as fast as possible, forcing players who really care about their name to preorder ASAP, since their original Darkfall names wouldn't be reserved.

    And no, I'm not an angry customer, I reserved my name (that wasn't of any value to anybody anyway) without any problems.

    Nothing new here, good old Aventurine.

    "Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

  • LahuzerLahuzer BorPosts: 666Member Uncommon
    In this case I think it was the right move by AV. And a dickmove by the troll that took his name. To many "kids" that think they are "to cool for school" that does things like that.
  • CaaahlCaaahl LeipzigPosts: 229Member

    OP has the typical mindset of an exploiter.

     

    "It's technically possible and it's nowhere written that it's forbidden, so it's OK!"

     

    Common sense? A grain of fairness? Naah.

    Caaahl / DAA KAPUTTMACHAA ---DF/DFUW

  • wrekognizewrekognize salt lake city, UTPosts: 384Member

     I'm sure Av will do this for many of their hardcore fans, and for that I applaud them.

     

    ..

  • HotjazzHotjazz BalsfjordPosts: 742Member
    Originally posted by Aragon100

     This make me believe that some players get special attention by Aventurine. We saw the same behavior in DF1.

    I`m really glad Celiah Ailey got his name back.

     

    Every Darkfall player knows who he is, and it would be sad if some nobody/griefer took his name. This is the same for every famous player that have put their big mark on the history of Darkfall.

     

    Good job AV.

  • Asm0deusAsm0deus BaatorPosts: 1,112Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by raapnaap
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    just damage control for their wipe decision..

     

    The wipe was needed. As usual, they communicated poorly on it, but any real veteran agrees, the wipe would create a fresh start and make the playing field equal for new players. No need for damage control.

     

    As for name stealing... How could anyone defend people stealing well known player names? It is a complete dick move and I'm happy Aventurine returns these names to their real owners.

    This happens so often in games even carebears don't usaully whine that a name they wanted to use is taken.... I thought this game was "hardcore" and that dick moves like this was something you are suppose to expect and get over or just go play hello kitty online?

     

     

    Heh anyhoot I am sure the whiner that got his name back is happy, thing is though this kind of shows us new players should not expect equitable treatment compared to older vets.

    case: Coolermaster HAF932
    PSU: Antec EA 750watt
    RAM: 2x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
    GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
    cooling: Noctua NH-D14
    storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

  • snapfusionsnapfusion San, CAPosts: 954Member
    Originally posted by Caaahl

    OP has the typical mindset of an exploiter.

     

    "It's technically possible and it's nowhere written that it's forbidden, so it's OK!"

     

    Common sense? A grain of fairness? Naah.

    Agreed,

    What? I found a way to screw someone over using your tools and now your making it right "behind the scenes"  Theres no do the right thing option  on your website therefore you (AV) should not be able to do it.

    I think this is what happens to people who grow up doing everything on the internet.  They forget there are actually other ways to gets things done and make decisions.

  • XarnthalXarnthal Landenberg, PAPosts: 130Member
    Originally posted by Aragon100

    Aventurine continue to piss me off.

    They let all players that preorder the game to secure a ingame name.

    Now, a old player (Celiah Ailey) realize his name is taken and start a whining thread on Darkfall forums and what happens?

    Aventurine give him his name back.

     

    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=337220

     

    This make me believe that some players get special attention by Aventurine. We saw the same behavior in DF1.

     

    In Darkfall 1 they changed there own rules by giving away a not conquered town to a whining Zerg (server went down and Aventurine had a rule they would never change the outcome of a siege when server went down). Aventurine acted against their own rulesetting to please the whining Zerg. Aventurine manually transfered the non-conquered town to the Zerg against their own rulesetting. Only chickens go against their own rules to please the bigger crowd.

     

    Aventurine have to start acting more professional. Giving benefits to some is not good for this game. Rules is there to be followed and if they need to change them then do that first and dont act against the rulesettings before any change have taken place.

    Of all the things to whine about.

     

    Sennheiser
    Assist
    Thage

  • echolynfanecholynfan Lancaster, PAPosts: 681Member
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Stealing a well known persons game Name is a dick move. I have no sympathy for the thief.

     

    Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

  • AzmoodeusAzmoodeus MalmoPosts: 2Member
    Originally posted by Greymoor
    The reserve name tool was not created to be a tool for trolls to abuse others. ./thread

    this.

     

    However it was quite funny ;)

  • snapfusionsnapfusion San, CAPosts: 954Member
    Originally posted by Asm0deus
    Originally posted by raapnaap
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    just damage control for their wipe decision..

     

    The wipe was needed. As usual, they communicated poorly on it, but any real veteran agrees, the wipe would create a fresh start and make the playing field equal for new players. No need for damage control.

     

    As for name stealing... How could anyone defend people stealing well known player names? It is a complete dick move and I'm happy Aventurine returns these names to their real owners.

    This happens os often in games even carebnears don't usaully whine that a name they wanted to use is taken.... I thought this game was "hardcore" and that dick moves like this was something you are suppose to expect and get over or just go play hello kitty online?

     

     

    Heh anyhoot I am sure the whiner that got his name back is happy, thing is though this kind of shows us new players should not expect equitable treatment compared to older vets.

    Wow just wow, since when should hardcore and being a "dick" be intertwined.  Is that now one of the requirements for playing a "hardcore" computer game, being a dick?  Dude Im worried about the way your mind is working through this senario.

«134
Sign In or Register to comment.