Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Success!

ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Loving the kickoff of the wintersday events, will definetely be logging in daily to check out everything that gets added!

Seems most issues people took with the last have been taken care of as well. No lag, plenty of time to complete events, can even purchase some nice skins in the store if grinding out things isnt your style. something for everyone!

Back to farming jumping puzzle :D

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

Comments

• sodade21sodade21 Member UncommonPosts: 349
    well yes they managed the lag issues pretty well... by making most of the playerbase leave the game... my server is flagged as very high and you can hardly see anyone around.... and noone is speaking at the map chat anymore...well... i guess most people waiting the bug fixes and the new year/feb huge patch...
  • austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by sodade21
    well yes they managed the lag issues pretty well... by making most of the playerbase leave the game... my server is flagged as very high and you can hardly see anyone around.... and noone is speaking at the map chat anymore...well... i guess most people waiting the bug fixes and the new year/feb huge patch...

Or maybe they are in the 3 different instanced activities?

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

I found the whole event a bit disappointing really.

The PvP event was ok and not bad fun was probably the best part so far.

The jumping puzzle was... well another jumping puzzle and I hate them all.

The bell choir was impossible to do because of unavoidable latency.  I couldn't see which button to push before it had already happened.

The only useful skin (the clothes) it appears you have to buy with gems.

No idea yet what the airship thing is like that hasn't appeared yet.  Will check that out tomorrow.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,455
    All I've seen so far is top notch - ANet really have a kickass content team.
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    With all the lag and other problems i still enjoyed the last event. This one is ok.... didn't get me excited.
  • jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Pretty good content so far.

Only issue with this event is that it failed to get people out of FOTM.

World is still a wasteland for me as I level up my alts.

Think I saw 3 players while leveling from 30-40 which is just sad.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    All I've seen so far is top notch - ANet really have a kickass content team.

I totally i agree, jumping puzzle is fenomenal, PvP is a lot of fun, and the musical game is very hard and challenging, but when you win its awesome.

Some people just cant see that this, but compared to any other MMO previously released the free content of GW2 is phenomenal, simply amazing.  

But there is nothing to be gained worthy to keep the archievers occupied, no big prices or uber gear to be won, so if you want that in your game, GW2 is not your game. But for fun moments and casual gaming attitude its just plain awesomeness

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by austriacus

there were always instanced activities but still we could see players running and speaking all around.... now its a ghost world... every part...even at Lions Arch is rly bad.. i hope the new events/contents can pull some players back..at least for awhile..

there were always instanced activities but still we could see players running and speaking all around.... now its a ghost world... every part...even at Lions Arch is rly bad.. i hope the new events/contents can pull some players back..at least for awhile..

wtf are you talking about, lions arch are on constant overflow. Seriously man, i can accept that the lvl 30-70 world is dead and so is Orr because of FoTM but anyone that launches the game can see that lions arch is full of people.

wtf are you talking about, lions arch are on constant overflow. Seriously man, i can accept that the lvl 30-70 world is dead and so is Orr because of FoTM but anyone that launches the game can see that lions arch is full of people.

ye Lions Arch sometimes is on Overflow but still you barely see anyone... i wonder why a big city like this has so small capacity...  everything is maded by anet so u believe they have many people but in the reality there are not... test it yourself. and not now with the brand new content event.. but after it. go to Lions arch and if you are in overflow wait for like 10 mins or so to go to your server/lions arch and starting counting people around... i doubt u gonna found more than 15-20 players.. 

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

I have no interest in jumping puzzles, and no interest in the 5-man dungeon until they add a LFG tool.

But I'm a sucker for things like the giant presents out in the wild, and the occasional present drops from all mobs in the world. It adds an extra zing to playing an alt.

And the addition of a heap more items to the bank collectibles tab is an awesome patch, I freed so much bank space by moving shards and slivers and ectos and suchlike into the new collection category.

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

It really is a pretty fun event, my favourite is still halloween but this is really damn good stuff.

Lots of people chatting while doing the new PVP snowballs thing, and my guild is buzzing nicely with all the activity, quite a nice start to Xmas really, feeling very festive :)

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

I'm having a blast so far. Mastered the jumping puzzle (a legend in my own mind at least), have had fun with the snowball fights, and my 12 year old daughter has the bell thing down something scary. Presents out in the world, presents dropping as loot, mini-festive golem in the bank, enhanced collectibles storage freeing up lots of space...

Yeah, so far they've been nailing it. I love the holidays.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

It still strikes me as very strange that a MMO can have proper, fun, challenging and rewarding platforming sections.

The jumping puzzles... it's something that really should not work in a MMO, but because the gameplay is so good, it does.

Very weird.

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

Don't get me wrong. I love this game, but this event isn't that great so far. The jumping puzzle was a lot of fun, but the instance was stupid and easy.

Not a huge fan of the events, but the decorations are quite nice. I just can't wait for an expansion.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC

Don't get me wrong. I love this game, but this event isn't that great so far. The jumping puzzle was a lot of fun, but the instance was stupid and easy.

Not a huge fan of the events, but the decorations are quite nice. I just can't wait for an expansion.

I agree.  This one wasn't as fun as the Mad King event for halloween, but there's still 2 more days for Wintersday to go.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

ye Lions Arch sometimes is on Overflow but still you barely see anyone... i wonder why a big city like this has so small capacity...  everything is maded by anet so u believe they have many people but in the reality there are not... test it yourself. and not now with the brand new content event.. but after it. go to Lions arch and if you are in overflow wait for like 10 mins or so to go to your server/lions arch and starting counting people around... i doubt u gonna found more than 15-20 players.. 

There are usually more than that standing around in the Trading Post on my server and nearly as many inside the bank. I'm pretty sure there are usually ~50 people just in that area of LA that contains the TP, The Bank and the Crafting Stations.

I play during the day, evening and sometimes very late night and I have never seen LA a ghost town unless it's 4AM and even then I'm always surprised by the number of fellow night owls.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I'm enjoying the event a lot as well. I love the Capture the Gift compettive game. I haven't completed the Jumping Puzzle, I'm bad at them when there is a time element, but I'll be trying a few times each day until I finish it. The music game is tough. You have to press the proper key when the light orb crosses over into the blue circle you stand in, but before it reaches you. It took me a few repeats, but I did finish the achievement.

The first daily visit event at the grove, a five man mini-dungeon set in the toymaker's work shop, was fun. The group I ran it with decided to do it three times in a row. Diminishing returns became very apparent on the second then third run, which is a shame, because we all would have played a few more times if the drop off hadn't been so drastic.

Apparently, the first completed run for each of the race's events will give you some of the components that you can use in the Mystic Forge to create on of the five special toys tied to the event. One of my partymates said that people will be able to earn enough components to make three of the five toys if they complete all five events. If that's true and you are never able to get the component rewards more than once for each instance, people will need to chose which toys they want to work towards. (All the components except the gears can be traded and sold on the TP, so don't worry if you chose the wrong components for the toys you end up wanting, the gears seem to be the specific component that will limit the maximum number of toys you can obtain via the Mystic Forge).

I've noticed a couple extremely minor/rare bugs, but otherwise things seem to be working well. The Gem Store outfit is nice, I'm just glad it's account bound, rather than character bound. I think I'll stick with the one, knowing I can swap it to which ever character is my main come next year, or any other time I want iton another character.

You can buy the "tokens" (gift socks, sweaters and hats) that can be traded for weapon skins off the trading post and you can even buy the skins there directly, so the skins on the Gem Store seem like a bit of a sucker's play. It has to be cheaper to trade gems for gold, then buy the skins, rather than buy the skins off the gem store. I guess the market will decide. If the TP prices exceed the gem store prices, then I guess it won't be a suckers play anymore!

I like the decorations and the snow. I wish the snow was as deep as shown in the preview video, rather than a thin coating. Maybe it will get deeper over time? That would be cool, but I'm not going to count on it. :)

Overall, it's a great event so far and better than any MMO holiday event I've played elsewhere. Kudos to Arenanet!

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

why dont you do it? check the bank, trading post, crafting station and FoTM entrance. Thats were everyone is, its always packed full.

• JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126

I wasn't a fan of the last two events.

THIS Wintersday event, however, totally restored my faith in ANet. I'm not really one to be big with events and such, but man...this Wintersday stuff is just awesome. I love it.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I´m pretty impressed with the event so far.

I really had my hopes down after the "lost shores" that was mostly unplayable by me due to continuos disconections.

Wintersday is running smooth,stable and ffs it´s amazing the amount of content they threw in!

Loving it so far!

Kudos to Arenanet for fixing & learning from their previous mistakes.

imageimageimage

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Bingo. The Grove has been full of LFG today. Anyone who thinks the game is dead is an idiot.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Also, the dungeon, the jumping puzzle, the PvP were all better than the Halloween ones, which was already a fantastic event. And the fact that drops are less random now, if you play enough you can almost guarantee a weapon skin. And all the dungeons will be available at the end whenever you want, rather than a super limited timeframe.  

Much much better design. A company that actually learns from its mistakes. Bravo.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Sometimes the city is FULL but you only see players when you are VERY close to them.... it has to do with an optimizing solution by Anet  to not overcharge some pc systems and cause them to lag.

I noticed in the Halloween event,i would see the big plaza where the Mistic Forge is empty from the distance...but when i arrived there players started popping around me. I had a very short range of view...surely it helped managing all the graphic change but it lost the sense of crowed city.

Hope i explained well enough XD

On the other hand, this event is not only concentrating in Lion´s Arch...but in 3 different event zones....and in every major city everyday...spreading the population. It´s not like in other games where u sit in a decorated City waiting for the LFG tool to do the job...

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    if the game is all about success and success, why people keep leaving it?. People keep talking about how good and great gw2 and anet are, but is not helping to make the game better or actually fix it.